Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrick overrun with Stag & Hen parties

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭murrak123

One club/late bar shut down and then certain pubs have changed tenants. Their is one free unit on the Main Street with a few free units on alley ways around the town which is a good compared to the empty units found in the surrounding towns.
    With relation to not going out on Fridays or Saturdays, All the groups tend to levitate towards 3-4 particular pubs/late bars/clubs . Their is something like 17 pubs in the town.
    Oh and their is more restaurants /cages around the town than ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

We have the same thing here in Letterkenny. I've lived here nearly 6 years, and have yet to go out at the weekend without seeing at least one stag or hen group out.

Though they can be a nuisance, I don't really see any way you could curtail the numbers coming in without driving them all from the town. The businesses are going to do what they can to attract them, as they are there to spend money. I've seen weekends here where hen parties were more than half the number in one of the bars. If they could attract football teams, church groups or political parties to come in the same numbers and spend as much, they wold do the same to attract them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

We have the same thing here in Letterkenny. I've lived here nearly 6 years, and have yet to go out at the weekend without seeing at least one stag or hen group out.

Though they can be a nuisance, I don't really see any way you could curtail the numbers coming in without driving them all from the town. The businesses are going to do what they can to attract them, as they are there to spend money. I've seen weekends here where hen parties were more than half the number in one of the bars. If they could attract football teams, church groups or political parties to come in the same numbers and spend as much, they wold do the same to attract them.

Agree, pretty sure its stags and hens that have kept the court hotel just about open as thats the main hub for them.

We had a similer story when we went to Dingle for a Stag last year. It was early in the year, so bars when they seen a group of 12-15 lads land in when there was one other person in the bar on a Friday/Saturday night each of us spending around 20+ quid each in every pub we were in plus the chippers that were hit after the pubs.

As long as they aren't breaking windows or being dicks (bar the usual shenanigans, being loud etc) I don't see much wrong with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭murrak123

To be fair it is a rarity that their is any trouble with group... Most of the time it ends up been locals doing damage

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

I am currently living in inver geal and one of those certain businessmen has completely taken over the area, in fact one apartment in our block which was up for sale early this year was bought by him so now every friday and saturday night we have 8 noisy guest coming in from the nightclub at 4 in the morning which is a pain in the a**s, and i no of a few people who have had to move from the area because of this.
    That said the hens and stags are usually well behaved and there is a great atmosphere around the town at weekends.

• Advertisement
Advertisement