Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to do a slideshow on a TV

Options
  • 08-08-2013 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Apologies in advance but this is a pretty basic query.

I'm hoping to buy a TV to use in a shop to display photographs on. I'd rather not have my lap-top connected up to it permanently so I'm just wondering what my options are in terms of getting the pictures onto the TV and what I would need to look out for when buying the tv.

I'd like the slideshow to be on a permanent loop so that I don't have to keep restarting it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

How to Make a Slideshow with Windows Movie Maker

If you're looking for something more sophisticated, get MemoriesOnTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Get a tv with a usb port and just have your pics on a memory stick. Tv should give you the option of a slideshow or make a video using above

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The problem may be the TV, Tvs aren't designed to run 24/7 and have a limited amount of hours they will run for, I think it's in the region of 60,000 hours for normal running, maybe less if you're running it longer.

You can buy digital signage that's made specifically for the task, they're the kind of displays you would see giving flight times at the airport. They have a much more robust construction and have a much longer lifespan.

I had to buy one of these displays with a commercial player as the ordinary TV/media player I bought kept freezing under the strain of trying to run for so long.

Advertisement