Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest transport from manchester to Dublin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Taxi to Airport is £20 each way so thats up at £130
    For an extra £20 I'd take the flight but that's just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

How much are flights? I got one for about €80 return back in march. I imagine it gets cheaper too, and tops off at about 110 at peak times.

about 80 return with a months advance... on 23rd june 2011 i paid £357 one way for a flight home... my son arrived a month premature :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Look at the United home fixtures before booking a flight to Manchester. You may have to fly to Leeds or Liverpool but you'll save yourself a lot.

Shop around. I've gone to matches before and flown to Liverpool, Leeds and Birmingham. Birmingham is the furthest away but the train service is very good.

ScumLord wrote: »
    For an extra £20 I'd take the flight but that's just me.

i can see your reasoning mate..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

my son arrived a month premature :p
    What airline was that with? :pac:

ScumLord wrote: »
    What airline was that with? :pac:

Good old Ryanair.. i told the girl at the desk the situation and i needed to be home asap and her reply was "you shouldnt be working in a different country if your girlfriend is pregnant" near knocked me out of my standing coming from a irish country girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

mega bus man mega bus!!! i went to paris for 7.50 with them once

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Ok guys,

Get to see my son every second weekend.... have been driving to holyhead and getting on the boat but the costs are actually killing me... is there an easier/cheaper method other than flying... i got the train once but it was an absolute killer.

Nobody told me theres a train from Manchester to Dublin.Tis the stuff of science fiction so it is.

shane9689 wrote: »
    mega bus man mega bus!!! i went to paris for 7.50 with them once

From where?

• Advertisement

From where?

from rosslare, granted you need to get to rosslare first, but given the amount youre saving, its worth it

when searching for a ticket just make sure you go through all the days you can leave on, youll eventually find one that says £1

from rosslare, granted you need to get to rosslare first, but given the amount youre saving, its worth it

when searching for a ticket just make sure you go through all the days you can leave on, youll eventually find one that says £1

Interesting. Is that the overnight crossing down to Callais or wherever?

Thinking about it, it sounds like a horrific journey. We drove to Paris before from Normandy and I underestimated just how ****ing far away it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

A trip from Manchester all the way down to Pembroke/Fishguard to Rosslare and back up to Dublin/Kildare again? ****ing hell that's a horrifically long journey.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Got the bus in the end,.. Was sound... Only hiccup was bus down from dublin didnt leave until 9.30 so i needed to waste 3 hrs. Next time ill get train down to maynooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

I'm gonna presume no-one suggested the obvious route of clinging to the axels of an artic trailer? Easy, cheap option for the future OP.;)

• Advertisement

A trip from Manchester all the way down to Pembroke/Fishguard to Rosslare and back up to Dublin/Kildare again? ****ing hell that's a horrifically long journey.

poster asked for cheap not comfortable :P

Interesting. Is that the overnight crossing down to Callais or wherever?

Thinking about it, it sounds like a horrific journey. We drove to Paris before from Normandy and I underestimated just how ****ing far away it is.

as i said to another poster, he asked for cheap not comfortable, and if the poster is any sort of young healthy student, cheap and painstaking is the way to go

Back and in work this morning... bit tired but for the cheapness of it i can't really complain :)

Worst part of the whole journey was when i arrived in dublin at 6.30am i had to wait until 9.30 before i could get the bus home. This left me home for 11am which was perfect to collect my son at 12.

Back and in work this morning... bit tired but for the cheapness of it i can't really complain :)

Worst part of the whole journey was when i arrived in dublin at 6.30am i had to wait until 9.30 before i could get the bus home. This left me home for 11am which was perfect to collect my son at 12.

glad it all worked out. its definitely not the comfiest journey alright, but its great for getting to Europe (paris or amersterdam) for cheap without having to try dodge ryan airs secret charges on luggage or take an over expensive flight

Advertisement