Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine Tasting Group

Options
  • 08-08-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭

Trying the cork fora

Folks,

Anyone know of any wine tasting groups in Cork or surrounding areas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

limnam wrote: »
    Trying the cork fora

Folks,

Anyone know of any wine tasting groups in Cork or surrounding areas?

Curious Wines and Bubble Brothers do tastings - Curious have a wine club and I think O'Donovan's have tastings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Hey

I'm more looking for groups of people that meet up and taste wines. rather than company tastings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I was looking for one myself last year (before prego... out of the running now)

I found one by accident, walked into a restaurant where they had booked out a function room and were carting in their wine (and having dinner to go with it. But it was a group of like-minded friends, in their 70's to 80's. I would have been intruding, so I didn't ask to join their gang.

The wine bars around the city do wine appreciation nights alright, so you could check out their websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

pwurple wrote: »
    I was looking for one myself last year (before prego... out of the running now)

I found one by accident, walked into a restaurant where they had booked out a function room and were carting in their wine (and having dinner to go with it. But it was a group of like-minded friends, in their 70's to 80's. I would have been intruding, so I didn't ask to join their gang.

The wine bars around the city do wine appreciation nights alright, so you could check out their websites.

Maybe we can look at starting one. Sip grand cru and discuss the merits of Marty on Lyric ;)

I'll continue the search!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Look up L'Atitude51 on Union Quay - they definitely organise wine tasting evenings/groups/lessons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Does the Curious Wines warehouse have a 12 bottle minimum purchase or is it only online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

54kroc wrote: »
    Does the Curious Wines warehouse have a 12 bottle minimum purchase or is it only online?

There's no minimum in the Warehouse at all. It's basically a big shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

deRanged wrote: »
    There's no minimum in the Warehouse at all. It's basically a big shop.

Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I think Maynes do one as well. I was after most of a bottle when they were talking about it so I might have misheard. ...or even not been in Maynes.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

The Wine Buff on Oliver Plunkett street do tasting evenings aswell, either in the shop or if you book an area in a place nearby they will go there. (e.g. was at a night organised by work recently - we were in the back of the boardwalk so had cheese boards and nibbles from there, and the guy from the shop came with the wine & glasses. But for smaller groups they'll do it in the shop.)

I guess this isn't answering the OP's question though really ;) If the OP does manage to find a group of like minded people then I'd recommend checking out the Wine Buff for a tasting evening :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement