Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Hurling Final 2013 - Clare Vs Cork (Megathread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

Tssk wrote: »
    Fair play to the group of lads unfurling the giant jersey in the Hill,they never stopped singing and roaring..Great impromptu rally in the bowels of Croker after too

was in that crowd, the hill was great craic for clare fans

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    was in that crowd, the hill was great craic for clare fans

Same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Just read the Clare people there. Only an initial 11000 tickets? That's a terrible allocation! Can see a lot of disappointed fans missing out on the big day. Big pressure on pat fitz and the club secretaries to keep everyone happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Tssk wrote: »
    Fair play to the group of lads unfurling the giant jersey in the Hill,they never stopped singing and roaring..Great impromptu rally in the bowels of Croker after too

Time to bring the bodhrans back too big time. The rebels have a brass band that they will have on the Hill on final day. ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Long time since that jersey was out. I remember the days where it could have been passed around the stadium with all the support.

The lads have done us proud.

In my wedding speech a few months ago, I said clare would Win the all Ireland. Got a lot of laughs off my tipp side of the family... Now I'm getting texts saying I'm not so far off.

Video evidence to support the above statement.
    I think that deserves a ticket if anyone has one on the go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

Just read the Clare people there. Only an initial 11000 tickets? That's a terrible allocation! Can see a lot of disappointed fans missing out on the big day. Big pressure on pat fitz and the club secretaries to keep everyone happy

I bet the night before the final there will be people on here offering tickets at face value.

Always happens.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Unless you are heavily involved with a club or have premium/season tickets it's next to impossible to be guaranteed a ticket now, even a week before the match they are like gold dust, usually the best time to get a ticket is after they have been distributed to the clubs and people have realised that they have too many now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

relaxed wrote: »
    I bet the night before the final there will be people on here offering tickets at face value.

Always happens.
    I'd be inclined to agree with you. Well hopefully anyway. The last final I was at was Tipp v Kilkenny in 2010 and there were plenty of spares around that day. I had a spare Nally Terrace myself and it wasn't immediately snapped up.
    There will be the usual scramble next Tuesday when the clubs will receive them but by match day everyone should be sorted.

In my club, even coaching teams won'tget you a ticket... You have to be the elite.

I maintain/ hope there will be tickets in limerick. A lot had hotel rooms booked and tickets semi sourced. Thatis my hope anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Every sport has a problem with tickets getting to the right people for the big games, you always hear stories of people that haven’t missed a game in years missing the final because they can’t get a ticket, imvho if you want a ticket badly enough you’ll get 1, if anything the GAA have some great incentives in place for tickets, 1 thing that often amuses me is that people expect 2 tickets for games even though only 1 person might be doing anything. You also have the problem with people getting tickets from multiple sources for loads of people.

Get your ticket from your local club and be prioritised for the next game.
    Get a Season ticket and be guaranteed a ticket for the games.
    Be involved in your local club and get a ticket.

For those wondering where all the tickets go, there’s a good breakdown here from 2011
    All-Ireland ticket breakdown for 2011
    Any changes from the 2010 allocation are indicated in brackets.
    • County allocations: 58,401 (-604)
    • Provinces: 335 (-50)
    • Overseas: 470 (-29)
    • Central Council and former Presidents: 798 (-107)
    • Camogie: 120
    • Ladies’ football: 150
    • Rounders and handball: 147 (-15)
    • Sponsors: 935 (-35)
    • Press: 254
    • TV and radio: 74
    • Schools and educational bodies: 2,229
    • 3rd Level: 240 (-38)
    • Croke Park residents: 250
    • Match officials and national referees’ panel: 103 (-5)
    • Irish Sports Council and health bodies: 60 (-10)
    • Match day / Vertigo / minor teams: 148 (-52)
    • GAA staff and sub-committees: 718 (-93)
    • Jubilee teams: 68 (-69)
    • Mini-sevens: 244 (-2)
    • Term tickets: 4,144 (-11)
    • Season tickets: 1,884 (+1,120)
    Total available for distribution: 71,772
    • Premium and corporate seating*: 10,528
    Total capacity (as per planning permission): 82,300

• Advertisement

Great evening in Thurles yesterday at the U21 Semi Final. It was a great opportunity for the kids to run on to the pitch afterwards and meet some of the the new superstars of hurling. The final is on there on Sept. 14.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

There will be an open training session tonight at 7.15 in Cusack Park. Chance to meet the players but also win tickets to the final and raffle prizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

I've been at 7 of the last 10 All-Ireland finals and not once did I not see tickets available at face value in the Big Tree or Gills the day of the match.

Don't panic people.

Club tickets being given out tonight. Got more than they expected seemingly. We will see later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I've decided to make this thread a sticky as most of us can't think or talk about anything else at the moment :D.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I actually like The Road to Croker song! :D

I've it set as my ringtone just to annoy them in work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Just leaving the training session in cusack park now. Feel sorry for Tony Kelly, he was swamped with young girls looking to get their jerseys signed to the extent he could hardly stand. Great night for young lads to meet their idols though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

I think the training sessions should be closed. We need to keep it low key for the players before the match. They can meet with the fans/girls whatever all they want when we have Liam home.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Just leaving the training session in cusack park now. Feel sorry for Tony Kelly, he was swamped with young girls looking to get their jerseys signed to the extent he could hardly stand. Great night for young lads to meet their idols though!!

I was in the middle of them with my 2.
    It was a great night, the atmosphere was fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

ger664 wrote: »
    I think the training sessions should be closed. We need to keep it low key for the players before the match. They can meet with the fans/girls whatever all they want when we have Liam home.

This is the only open one before the 8th the rest are closed

ger664 wrote: »

In fairness they didnt do much training, more of a chance for the fans to meet them before they get down to buisness. They only had a bit of a jog and a puck around. A nice down to earth bunch of lads. David Mc said he would give me a day pitching square bales the second week of September :D

babygirlz wrote: »
    I was in the middle of them with my 2.
    It was a great night, the atmosphere was fantastic.

I was with my uncle and his 3 daughters that are 3, 5 and 9. Got all their jerseys signed but it was a full time job trying to watch them there. The lads were great with the children in fairness, they will have sore hands tonight after all the signing. Tony Kelly will be lucky to have come out of it without an injury!!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

I was with my uncle and his 3 daughters that are 3, 5 and 9. Got all their jerseys signed but it was a full time job trying to watch them there. The lads were great with the children in fairness, they will have sore hands tonight after all the signing. Tony Kelly will be lucky to have come out of it without an injury!!

I know, he kept telling the kids to stop pushing as he would get to everybody, it was funny thought, all the young lads calling him to sign their jersey as they were from Ballyea :-) .
    I'd say he was worried he would be injured himself.
    They seem like a nice bunch of lads and they enjoyed meeting the fans.

There's no fear of Tony :)

I think the timing is spot on for the open session, over a week out from the final should allow the players concentrate on their own thing now, just the pen night for the media to go for them nowi think

Listening to Ger Dollard on Clare FM €20,000 for a big screen in town for the match! :eek:

Our club had 80 tickets last night for 86 members. Looks like they will have another batch of them next week so they seem plentiful enough. Got 2 Lower Cusack myself.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Our club had 80 tickets last night for 86 members. Looks like they will have another batch of them next week so they seem plentiful enough. Got 2 Lower Cusack myself.

Any harm in asking which club? PM me if you prefer :)

Anybody remember Ian Paisley statue thumbing a lift to croker in 95?

I only remembered it when i saw donie o keefe man saying cork were dead meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I think this is a cracking photo.............

'The Banner Roar'

hurlers-night20130827-006.jpg

Photo credit - John Kelly, Clare Champion.

http://www.clarechampion.ie/

Advertisement