Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Hurling Final 2013 - Clare Vs Cork (Megathread)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Lots of tickets came out in draws last night, I heard in Eire Og they had Hill tickets on general sale cause they had enough stand tickets to meet everyones needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

That's interesting....just heard there that Newmarket only got 100more tickets back and they had over 200 requests including some members who hadn't been sorted in the first allocation. Getting nervous about my own now..!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

:D
    1229977_10152154294748835_1898189946_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

Loads of tickets around the non competing counties. if you know anybody who is a club member outside of Clare they should be able to sort you out.

I've turned down tickets twice this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

with the last few posts could anyone sort me out with hill tickets 2 if possible will take one, can travel thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Tickets still scarce enough. We had 106 names in for 25 tickets last night for round 2 of the allocation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Had feelers all over Limerick for tickets. NOne came in. Brother got a pair in Tyrone.

Today, A work colleague gave me our wedding present a few months late- a pair of upper davin so needless to say best wedding present ever.

Stil short one for the family. Hoping people are starting to get some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Slightly off topic but can any recommend somewhere decent for breakfast in Dublin on Sunday morning. We would hope to be parked up by 10 30 or 11 on the Northside of city so 'if anyone knows of anywhere good please post. ....

Was in town today. It felt like the mad dash before christmas. The place looks great. All tickets sorted. Very much upper stand tickets but am just relieved to have something.

on another note:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

golfball37 wrote: »
    Loads of tickets around the non competing counties. if you know anybody who is a club member outside of Clare they should be able to sort you out.

I've turned down tickets twice this week.

Don't know about that. I'm sorted myself, but loads more aren't. You must be a club member in a number of clubs to turn down 2 chances of tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

Still not sorted for tickets, very very disappointed, my girls play camogie so not a member of the local hurling club, wonder if anymore tickets coming? Glued to clare fm for any updates!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

cowlick wrote: »
    Still not sorted for tickets, very very disappointed, my girls play camogie so not a member of the local hurling club, wonder if anymore tickets coming? Glued to clare fm for any updates!!!

Is the camogie club not affiliated to a hurling club? I play camogie myself as does my eldest but our club is a duel club covering hurling/football/camogie with a sister club for ladies football

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Is the camogie club not affiliated to a hurling club? I play camogie myself as does my eldest but our club is a duel club covering hurling/football/camogie with a sister club for ladies football

No I don't think it is, I was asking one of the girls over the club and she said they'd be getting nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Slightly off topic but can any recommend somewhere decent for breakfast in Dublin on Sunday morning. We would hope to be parked up by 10 30 or 11 on the Northside of city so 'if anyone knows of anywhere good please post. ....

We were in the Kingfisher on Parnell St on the morning of the Limerick game 3 weeks ago. Very busy but well worth the wait. Does one of the tastiest fry-ups you could ever wish for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

So I find myself in Kilkee and am looking for somewhere that'll be great craic to watch the match tomorrow. I'll be heading home after which takes me by Ennis so I can hit up a spot in there instead if you locals recommend it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

So I find myself in Kilkee and am looking for somewhere that'll be great craic to watch the match tomorrow. I'll be heading home after which takes me by Ennis so I can hit up a spot in there instead if you locals recommend it.

There's a big screen in Abbey Street Car Park tomorrow, if it's fine weather I'd imagine that'll be the closest you'll get to being there without being there :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

No sleep tonight!

Nerves are kicking in, I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours with some of the players today, I can honestly say that I'm more nervous that they are.

I couldnt couldnt go the allireland final in 1995. we are from a big family and we only got 5 tickets and i was number 6 on the list. I was only a kid. so my mam brought the table into the sitting room, my aunt, mother younger brother and I had a party while watching the game. We all crammed into the opel ascona (8people in total) being in dunnes for the home coming. it was amazing. the banner raised tape was broken from watching it. I remember fergal hergarty and jack boothman visiting our primary school with Liam, the excitement was unreal. Saving 2pounds for the heavily county board subsidised hurleys hitting anything ball shaped.

we all went to Limerick in 1996- the excitement and the disappointment that followed.

1997 my personal favourite. Having uncles and aunts from Tipp and enduring their wind ups only to forever have the reply "you can have all you titles but we still beat ye twice in the one championship."

My dad always brought us to everything - my older brothers through the bad times of the 80s and early 90s. and the younger members of my family for the good times of the mid 90s and the bit of drought in between. I still do not know how my parents paid for all the trips and tickets. I am forever grateful.

It personally meant alot for me to be able get a golden ticket for my dad now in his 70s, just after having the veins done but gunning for road.

The buzz around the county is unreal. Clarecastle as always with great retro flags and window paintings. I went for a stroll around Ennis yesterday- bunting everywhere, windows painted, people rushing to pick up last minute caps, flags and jerseys... stuck the head inside the door of tom o donnells and elverys, one worker looked exhausted- the rest realising 40 people in the shop looking for age 4-5 jerseys and only xl and xxl left and the panic that will follow- just like Christmas.

I'm excited but I am more excited for the people attending a Final for the first time- my students - my nephew sean and my lovely wife Emma -Hoping it will be as amazing for them as the mid 90s was for me.

The Clare team have already done us proud getting there- everything from here is a bonus. Play well. let the new era begin.

COME ON THE BANNER.

Great post KollegeKnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Clareman wrote: »
    There's a big screen in Abbey Street Car Park tomorrow, if it's fine weather I'd imagine that'll be the closest you'll get to being there without being there :)

Thanks for that, I heard the same from a few locals there a few minutes ago. I'll be there lending ye my support, come on the banner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭999/112

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Our 20K "BIG Screen" !!

dmv7d0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It's tiny, I hope that thing isn't going to cost €20,000 :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Here's the discussion thread for the final over in the GAA forum if anyone is interested

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057019698

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

MrsD007 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It's tiny, I hope that thing isn't going to cost €20,000 :mad:

They'd want to get rid of the cars as well to see it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

wasnt too bad in the end, terrible picture quality off it from a wee distance, but the craic was mighty, good afternoon in the car park :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

There was so much security about I just went to Brandons watched it on the couch cos I couldn't be arsed smuggling cans in.

Some match. My nerves were shot after. We played a stormer all the same so I think we've reason to be optimistic about the replay. Cork were a shambles. They just had more goal chances and played phenomenally well in the instances where they had possession. Keepers on both sides played a blinder as well.

Thank god they let it run (and the last Cork ball went wide) or I'd have been a very unhappy camper. Fair on balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Worztron

It seems the ref allowed optimum extra time for Clare to equalise. What's the deal with the phantom extra half minute?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Worztron wrote: »
    It seems the ref allowed optimum extra time for Clare to equalise. What's the deal with the phantom extra half minute?

To make up for the 2 frees that cork got scores from in the first half where clare players were actually fouled.

The screen in the car park was pretty poor as you couldn't read the score or time in the top left. They were showing the score separately after each score but my brain just could not retain anything.

There was a lot of families and young children about and security did a good job in keeping things as they should.

Advertisement