Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Hurling Final 2013 - Clare Vs Cork (Megathread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Worztron

Well done to Clare from a Corkonian. At least a fellow Munster county won the Liam McCarthy Cup.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I logged in here to see what was happening, today was an amazing day, I don't think I've ever gone through such an emotional ringer before, the match was brilliant, the event was brilliant, but the 1 thing I want to call out is the Cork fans. I've had my run ins with them in the past, in fact I was suspended for Clare because of Cork, but every Cork man, woman and child I met today were a credit to their county.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Well I let you into a secret! I was born in Cork but class my self as a Clare man. I have to say the pride I felt for those
    young men who did their families clubs and county proud. The other person who gets lots of stick is even from me is
    Davie what can one say but THANKs and sorry you were right all along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

Still buzzing with excitement, didn't sleep a wink, days like yesterday don't come along too often for Clare people. Up the Banner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

What a day and what a performance. To the clare team and management thanks and congratulations. It's great to be a clare man!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Not a hurling fan but watched it and thought it was an entertaining match, but it seemed to me like the ref was giving a lot of frees to Cork, am I imagining this?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Not a hurling fan but watched it and thought it was an entertaining match, but it seemed to me like the ref was giving a lot of frees to Cork, am I imagining this?

Yea, fair play to the ref for keeping Cork in the game ;-). Hon the banner!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Nah the ref was incredibly hard on us. There were 3 frees given in a row (Cork scored a the goal with the second) that weren't free's at all and Davy walked out onto the pitch holding 3 fingers up and half losing his mind.

Not that I give a hoot now. Incredible match. Incredible day. I'm too happy to be hungover. Looking forward to the homecoming. Kicking off at 6pm in the fair green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

It was an amazing match. The atmosphere there was first class. I'm so proud of that team!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Awesome!

I don't want to talk or read anything unless it abouts the match :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Nah the ref was incredibly hard on us. There were 3 frees given in a row (Cork scored a the goal with the second) that weren't free's at all and Davy walked out onto the pitch holding 3 fingers up and half losing his mind.

Not that I give a hoot now. Incredible match. Incredible day. I'm too happy to be hungover. Looking forward to the homecoming. Kicking off at 6pm in the fair green.

Any idea when the rest of the County will get a visit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Congrats Clare, well deserved and a great game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Definitely some soft frees given to cork. Cain Dillion and Tony Kelly had unduly harsh calls against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Two great games this year. We should not forget Corks contribution to both games. They were dead and buried but never gave up when lessers team would have thrown in the towel and pushed us to produce the hurling that this Clare team is capable off.

Roll on this evening in the Fairgreen

Clareman wrote: »
    I logged in here to see what was happening, today was an amazing day, I don't think I've ever gone through such an emotional ringer before, the match was brilliant, the event was brilliant, but the 1 thing I want to call out is the Cork fans. I've had my run ins with them in the past, in fact I was suspended for Clare because of Cork, but every Cork man, woman and child I met today were a credit to their county.

+1 for the Cork fans, gracious in defeat and generous in complimenting Davy & the team. They took it on the chin and were happy to have the banter and give Clare their dues afterwards. I was beside a Cork fan at the last match who clapped for nearly every Clare score.

Upper Davin was mostly Clare where I was, that made it even a little more special :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭oodles19

Lads does anyone know of any buses going to Ennis and back from Lahinch/Ennistymon? I don't want to drive (parking, also, pints) but I'd love to be there!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

What a match. It was a credit to all those involved, Clare put a lot of work into it and it paid off. Ennis will be packed today I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

I am heading for Ennis, going to be an awesome night.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Chucken wrote: »
    Any idea when the rest of the County will get a visit?
    They are in Cratloe at 4.15 and the Bridge at 5 and then onto Newmarket and last stop Ennis

mrsoundie wrote: »
    I am heading for Ennis, going to be an awesome night.

I was out in Ennis when Clare won in '95. I seem to remember the homeconing somewhere in the vicinity of Dunnes, but not sure now. it's been too many years and too many beers.
    Imagine the most crowded pub you have ever been in, but it was that crowded out in the street (imagine what it was like inside). The bar (Cruisers) had run out of most beer, but you couldn't have what they had left, because they had run out of glasses. I had to hunt down a pint glass and hang onto it for dear life and just get it refilled.
    I finally stumbled out at 8am, just in time to go to work!
    Not that anything productive was done that day, everyone just sitting there bleary eyed but happy. The 30 degree weather was a good bonus.
    Yep, '95 was the year to be in Clare, the Celtic Tiger hadn't yet hit and people just seemed more relaxed. Where those simpler times? You bet your ass they where.

• Advertisement

Just met the team at limerick train station, got loads of photos with them...I'd say they'll be running late, they hadn't left by 4.15....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I was out in Ennis when Clare won in '95. I seem to remember the homeconing somewhere in the vicinity of Dunnes, but not sure now. it's been too many years and too many beers.
    Imagine the most crowded pub you have ever been in, but it was that crowded out in the street (imagine what it was like inside). The bar (Cruisers) had run out of most beer, but you couldn't have what they had left, because they had run out of glasses. I had to hunt down a pint glass and hang onto it for dear life and just get it refilled.
    I finally stumbled out at 8am, just in time to go to work!
    Not that anything productive was done that day, everyone just sitting there bleary eyed but happy. The 30 degree weather was a good bonus.
    Yep, '95 was the year to be in Clare, the Celtic Tiger hadn't yet hit and people just seemed more relaxed. Where those simpler times? You bet your ass they where.
    I worked the big bar in the Sanctuary that night, shutters came down at 5am when there was NO beer left on tap in the whole place (Cruises/Queens hotel & nite club all worked out of the same stock)
    If I tapped 5 barrels that night I tapped 50 and I wasn't the only one changing kegs
    Closed up when we sold out of EVERYTHING beer, stout, shorts all that was left was peach schnapps & Kaliber
    Best night behind the bar in over 20 years in the industry
    (And I'd been rostered off came into the queens for a drink and got yanked behind the bar :D)

That's almost 20 years ago now and I'll never forget it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Hi does anyone know if Clare's home coming is being streamed online ? Wouild love to see it ;) . If not il just listen to Clare FM

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know if Clare's home coming is being streamed online ? Wouild love to see it ;) . If not il just listen to Clare FM

Google the Ennis app, they're streaming it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Cool im watching it now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

thanks watching this now from London

oodles19 wrote: »
    Google the Ennis app, they're streaming it now

Now have the Ennis app, it has my email, phone number and location. And I have a useless restaurant voucher.
    Any better suggestions?

Now have the Ennis app, it has my email, phone number and location. And I have a useless restaurant voucher.
    Any better suggestions?

Same here, can't see any streaming on that, just tourist info...

Any better suggestions?

Didn't ask me for any if that, anyway, it's in promotions! Or on the actual site as well

• Advertisement

got it working via my telly, very slow, probably a million people watching it.:eek::D

Advertisement