Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Hurling Final 2013 - Clare Vs Cork (Megathread)

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭oodles19

got it working via my telly, very slow, probably a million people watching it.:eek::D

Believe me, you don't want to see Marty Morrissey in Glorious HD :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

oodles19 wrote: »
    Believe me, you don't want to see Marty Morrissey in Glorious HD :-)

Mario Rosenstock will have a field day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

so proud to be a clare man!as a child who was reared on the merits of ground hurling,it is interesting to see how the game has changed. throughout the match just one ball(the cork goal)was struck on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 joey801

Heard the celebrations last night were recorded by TG4, anyone know when this is going to be on TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

joey801 wrote: »
    Heard the celebrations last night were recorded by TG4, anyone know when this is going to be on TV?

It's definitely this Friday, not 100% sure what time but I think they said 9 o' clock. Open to correction on that one!

Congratulations to the lads, gave the county a great lift that wont be forgotten for a long, long time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

joey801 wrote: »

9.45 tg4 Friday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

I was out in Ennis when Clare won in '95. I seem to remember the homeconing somewhere in the vicinity of Dunnes, but not sure now. it's been too many years and too many beers.
    Imagine the most crowded pub you have ever been in, but it was that crowded out in the street (imagine what it was like inside). The bar (Cruisers) had run out of most beer, but you couldn't have what they had left, because they had run out of glasses. I had to hunt down a pint glass and hang onto it for dear life and just get it refilled.
    I finally stumbled out at 8am, just in time to go to work!
    Not that anything productive was done that day, everyone just sitting there bleary eyed but happy. The 30 degree weather was a good bonus.
    Yep, '95 was the year to be in Clare, the Celtic Tiger hadn't yet hit and people just seemed more relaxed. Where those simpler times? You bet your ass they where.

It is a night burnt into my alcohol addled brain, it was great, fell asleep outside Maddens Tce in Clarecastle was heading for a friends house near the Church.
    angelfire9 wrote: »
    I worked the big bar in the Sanctuary that night, shutters came down at 5am when there was NO beer left on tap in the whole place (Cruises/Queens hotel & nite club all worked out of the same stock)
    If I tapped 5 barrels that night I tapped 50 and I wasn't the only one changing kegs
    Closed up when we sold out of EVERYTHING beer, stout, shorts all that was left was peach schnapps & Kaliber
    Best night behind the bar in over 20 years in the industry
    (And I'd been rostered off came into the queens for a drink and got yanked behind the bar :D)

That's almost 20 years ago now and I'll never forget it

The streets, the pubs and the queens throwing its doors open it was like the party was endless, I was back in the town the next morning around eleven, and the crowds hanging around the pubs waiting for them to open was funny.

Brought my son to the homecoming last night, he was not into it at first but got going in the end. I was sober, but I really enjoyed it, everything was brilliant, the singers, the crowd, the atmosphere and hats off to Ennis Town Council, Clare County Council, the Gardai, Civil Defence, Clare County Board and everyone involved in putting it on.

Come on the Banner! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ollaetta

mrsoundie wrote: »
    hats off to Ennis Town Council, Clare County Council, the Gardai, Civil Defence, Clare County Board and everyone involved in putting it on.

Only thinking today how well organised it was. The Fairgreen was an ideal venue and they clearly thought it out well.

Epic night. Looking at the screen at times with the flags and crowds all I could think of was something like Glastonbury. Only better! Cos this was for our fantastic lads who did us proud and made us feel good and we'll have that feeling for a long time to come!!! What a year! Just can't get enough.............. :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Mario Rosenstock will have a field day.

The Miwadi and Biscuits sketch should be good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Sir, – Someone should telephone Croke Park to let them know we are in the middle of a serious recession with record levels of emigration, unemployment, debt, and depression, while the GAA behaves like boom-time brats serving up enjoyment and happiness as if they never end; blasting the pundits of doom with levels of entertainment of the highest order at absolutely minimum cost.

Poor soccer has to pay Gareth Bale €100 million to score a goal a week while our heroes from Clare, Cork, Dublin and Mayo provide superior displays of skills and scores for practically nothing. Did you ever see the likes of Anthony Nash’s free? Lift, hop, swing, and whack! You’d feel like singing, “Messi, I hardly knew you”.

It’s just not fair, amateurs beating professionals at their own game while providing the populace with happy, healthy, wholesome entertainment for practically nothing.

The GAA should be reported to the European regulator for “unprofessional practices” and for defying all market principles. No! No! On second thoughts, better say nothing. I know it’s wrong to be smiling, laughing, backslapping, and (God forgive) smirking in this era of austerity, but we can’t help it.

Let’s discreetly congratulate the management and players of the Gaelic Games for the superb contests of skill, passion, endurance and commitment they served up this summer, and snuff the troika! – Yours, etc,

BERNARD H, Synge Street, Dublin 8. (Irish Times)
    I can share his sentiments 100%. It was a great championship! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

Just after seeing this one now :)

dmc17 wrote: »
    Just after seeing this one now :)

I saw it the day it was posted, still brings a smile to my face. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

mrsoundie wrote: »
    I saw it the day it was posted, still brings a smile to my face. :D

I'm about a week behind the times :o

dmc17 wrote: »
    I'm about a week behind the times :o

Thats OK, enjoy the catch up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

ya they would have first preference to tickets the rest will start floating around the place later next week,

if his brother happens to be from the same town as yourself tell him i hope he gets a run the next day ..... we could do with a goalscorer ;););)

i hate to sound smug all these months later and all that!!!.....the post was written a week before the replay.

ps 3 smiley faces aswell just to make sure.......davy must be watching!!!!:pac:

Advertisement