Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking query

Options
  • 08-08-2013 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi all

Silly rant/query here...if its in the wrong place I apologise. I bought a house in a small (9 houses in total) L shaped housing estate. The way the first 5 houses are situated there is no direct entrance to each house for a car so there is a nice 5 spaced car park to the side of the first rroute of houses. The other set of houses hanger their own drives and car spaces so there's no issue there.

My problem is, the son of the man who lives next door to me stays over with his dad most nights. Now the gentleman next door is healthier and fitter than I do its a company thing I imagine. Anyway, the son constantly parks in one of the 5 car spaces so I have to park way off over the other side off the estate. This its happening more and more and its driving me nuts. The gentleman next door had his car parked in one of the 5 spaces and considering I'm paying a mortgage I feel I should at least be able to park nearer to My house too.

Any ideas how to approach this or should I just keep my trap shut?

Thanks in advance

By the way, its a private estate not a council one, of that makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

You have no rights to the space, its on a public road. its first come first served. its annoying but thats the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What does your house title say about car-parking? If nothing, then I agree with the previous poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

lods wrote: »
    You have no rights to the space, its on a public road. its first come first served. its annoying but thats the way it is.

And how exactly do you know that? I presume you've seen all the legal documents for the exact estate in question?

I think there are three main routes to dealing with this. The first is to explain to the neighbour that's it's becoming very frequent and it didn't bother you when it was the odd once in a while but it's gotten out of hand - can they resolve it.

The second option is to make a nuisance of it - put your bins in the space and the like and leave a note taped to the window every day about how it's not his space

The third option, if you do have some contracted rights to the space, is to raise it at an agm/egm of the management company.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If they are not numbered spaces, and the deeds of your house do not include the parking space, then Im afraid its first come first served. Its the downside of buying a property that does not include private/designated parking.

You could try have a word with him and get him to see reason. Maybe get all of the residents of the five houses together and try and come to an arrangement about the spaces. Not much you can do though unless everyone agrees to such an arrangement, and if even if they do, there is little to stop friends/guests from using the other spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

And how exactly do you know that? I presume you've seen all the legal documents for the exact estate in question?

No poster OP didnt include them in his origional post:rolleyes:

The fact he's on here complaining suggests its not his own a numbered space.

• Advertisement
Advertisement