Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

constant barking

• 08-08-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

We took on a dog, a chihuaha a few weeks ago as owner had had enough of her barking. now i knew what i was taking on as owner was honest. i know these can be a yappy breed anyways but this is something unreal.. peaches is 7 yrs old. all she does is bark. if she hears any noise, thats it she starts, and i mean anything from toilet flushing to someone walking upstairs to a cough basically to anything, even a sound down the road. night times are the worst from one of the kids stirring in the bed to a yawn and thats it she goes into one. this could happen up to 15 times a night and as you can imagine no one is getting any sleep. any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

shes maybe a bit unsettled with the new surroundings so its possible she will settle down a bit once she get used to everything.

make sure she's knackered as much as possible - this works with my westies who can be a bit barky, the more exercise they get the happier they are to chill out.

sometimes they just need to be 'snapped out of it'. i used a water pistol if they were barking, they'd get distracted by it and then i'd praise and reward them for being quiet.

failing that, you may need to employ the services of a dog behavorist, im sure the regular posters can recommend one. im actually visiting one tonight with my fella - not for barking though.

Advertisement