Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my order lost? [Ebay]

Options
  • 08-08-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I ordered a product from the UK on Ebay coming through Royal mail on August the first, and it's still not here. I've ordered product of this seller before so they're not a scammer. Is there a possibility the product has been lost? On the royal mail website it says "your item has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in EIRE." However I can't track it with an post or GLS. Is it possible it's just taking a while?

Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

teckyer wrote: »
    I ordered a product from the UK on Ebay coming through Royal mail on August the first, and it's still not here. I've ordered product of this seller before so they're not a scammer. Is there a possibility the product has been lost? On the royal mail website it says "your item has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in EIRE." However I can't track it with an post or GLS. Is it possible it's just taking a while?

Try to enter the Royalmail tracking number to Anpost tracking service.
    When i get parcels from Finland, i can follow its route via Anpost when it has arrived to Ireland.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed that you have already tried with Anpost, and it might take a while, i ordered 1st of aug from London, it arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

teckyer wrote: »

Long weekends + An Post = long delays

i wouldnt be too worried at this stage if it hasnt arrived on monday drop a note to the seller explaining that it hasnt arrived and give it a few more days (you have 45 days to raise a claim with paypal)

before you go that far ask the guy to send a replacement or for a refund, you may not need to raise a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I would give it till Monday. In my experience it seems to take seven or more days for an item to arrive and the Bank Holiday seems to create a back log.

I wouldn't be overworried about it not showing up on An Post,I have had the same thing happen on a number of occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 teckyer

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll wait until Monday and if it hasn't arrived, I'll notify the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Most of my stuff usually takes longer than a week from the UK. I wouldn't be worried at all yet.

Also with ebay sellers can take a while to get to a post office, not sure if you had it sent on 1 aug or just won the auction then.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    Most of my stuff usually takes longer than a week from the UK. I wouldn't be worried at all yet.

Also with ebay sellers can take a while to get to a post office, not sure if you had it sent on 1 aug or just won the auction then.

I'll just wait it out, hopefully it'll come after this weekend. Thanks for the help :)

Monday, still not here, seller said to just wait... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Open an dispute with paypal and then if it is not here by Thursday escalate it. In my 7 years of buying off ebay I have never had it take more than 2 weeks for an item to arrive. You can always close the claim if the item arrives.

Advertisement