Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Jobseekers allowance be transfered to another Eu state?

Options
  • 08-08-2013 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I will be on Jobseekers allowance as i was left go from work but was unemployed during 2011 which they are calculating from. Does anyone know if this is able to be transfered like Jobseekers Benefit for 13 weeks with a U1 form if I move abroad within Europe to find work?
    Any info would be great.
    Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Job seekers benefit can but not allowance

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DeMonch

do you know if I request my U1 form from another state will my entire history to date then be included, I have worked since January 2012 and have nealry 100 weeks of contributions to date but in ireland they only go on 2011 history

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

DeMonch wrote: »
    do you know if I request my U1 form from another state will my entire history to date then be included, I have worked since January 2012 and have nealry 100 weeks of contributions to date but in ireland they only go on 2011 history

You can have your contributions from another EU state transferred to Ireland once you have work here since you arrived....in your case you have. You say that you werent working in 2011 if this is the case then even if you tranfer your contributions you will not have any contribution history for 2011 so you will still have to claim jobseekers allowance which is a means tested payment. In January 2014 you would more than likely have an entitlement to jobseekers benefit once your contributions are transferred.

Advertisement