Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap card hacking

• 08-08-2013 1:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭

Is it possible to get someone to put free credit on your leap card? Also can you use your nfc enabled phone as a leap card somehow?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

I could be wrong but the card doesn't store credit, it is just a token.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Doublelime wrote: »
    Is it possible to get someone to put free credit on your leap card?

You can do it yourself but it's not easy.

Firstly you'll need to carefully remove the magnetic strip from the back of the card. This strip then needs to be stuck to a VHS tape. Insert the tape into a video recorder (not easily found these days). Then - and this is the most tricky part - you have to record Alf Steward from Home and Away saying "Strewth" onto the part of the video that has the magnetic strip stuck to it. Then all you need to do is re-attach the strip to the card and your card will be magically charged with the maximum amount of €9,999.99 :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Doublelime

Ill pay you if you do it for me I'm based in Meath do you accept cheque?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Doublelime wrote: »
    Is it possible to get someone to put free credit on your leap card? Also can you use your nfc enabled phone as a leap card somehow?

Not anymore, NXP closed that hole ages ago with the Oystercard and Dutch OV-Chipkaart.

It was possible to add credit to your card on the older NXP nfc chips, but they corrected it every night and barred the card from the system.

You cannot use your NFC Enabled phone in that way as it lacks the profile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Guy in my local swears that if you put it in the freezer overnight between two packs of Birds Organic diced carrots (must be organic), it will add €20 credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

coylemj wrote: »
    Guy in my local swears that if you put it in the freezer overnight between two packs of Birds Organic diced carrots (must be organic), it will add €20 credit.

Does your mate take credit cards?

I am just a bit short of cash until my winning lottery ticket from the Uganda Lottery cashes. I gave my account details, so it should be soon....:rolleyes:

Advertisement