Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heres one for the chicken and broccoli,avoid white bread and sugar clowns

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

dor843088 wrote: »
    most men eat 2k calories really? Wow must be all midgets where you live .if your ans "average guy" your not gonna give a shi about macros are you? So once your around maintenance cals your good. A big mac has a decent macro profile fats a bit high but then the average guy isnt gonna care.

I'm going to analogize for a second. Lets pretend, in this analogy, that food = English, as in the language. You don't really care too much about the nuances of your language, sure who gives a damn about grammar and punctuation (or broccoli and chicken), just get those words out and as long as they hit the macros - or get the point across - who gives a shi, ammirite?

Well here's the thing. Ultimately language, and health or fitness or just looking good nekkid, does come down to being able to use your food/language properly. You can try and avoid it and get your messy point across, but more often than not the message/body will be not quite right. Plus it gives people headaches trying to read it.

Get confident getting your point across, but if you want to publish a novel, watch your p's and q's.

Like sugar, shi makes your brain rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

I think the only one making themselves look silly around here is you.

I don't think anyone is really disagreeing with the fact that if you stick to within your macros you can lose weight and look shredded but that doesn't mean it's healthy or ideal.

How am I making myself look silly? I had a look at your log and you look like you dont even lift so whatever your doing isnt working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

How am I making myself look silly? I had a look at your log and you look like you dont even lift so whatever your doing isnt working.

OUCH!

If you're trying to get a pic of me in my underwear you'll have to try harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You lost any chance of not being taken for ****stirrer with that comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

peoples food choice cannot be the reason they are not in a deficit OVERCONSUMPTION of any food ANY FOOD can make you real fat real fast. you just don't get that simple fact do you ?
    Its clear to me that he does understand that very simple fact. It seems you are the one struggling to grasp the concept that some foods are far easier to overconsume than others -also a pretty simple idea.

Jerrica wrote: »
    I'm going to analogize for a second. Lets pretend, in this analogy, that food = English, as in the language. You don't really care too much about the nuances of your language, sure who gives a damn about grammar and punctuation (or broccoli and chicken), just get those words out and as long as they hit the macros - or get the point across - who gives a shi, ammirite?

Well here's the thing. Ultimately language, and health or fitness or just looking good nekkid, does come down to being able to use your food/language properly. You can try and avoid it and get your messy point across, but more often than not the message/body will be not quite right. Plus it gives people headaches trying to read it.

Get confident getting your point across, but if you want to publish a novel, watch your p's and q's.

Like sugar, shi makes your brain rot.

Grammar police checkin in .Isnt there a library you need to be quite in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

So are people saying IIFYM is bad because it's unhealthy or because it's impractical/overkill compared to traditional clean eating?

The majority of what I've read on it advocates eating mainly clean but also fitting in some junk/treats where possible, without having to feel guilty. I don't see how it could be all that unhealthy if you're tracking things like calories, fat, carb and fiber intake, surely that alone is considerably healthier than how 95% of the general population eat.

FWIW it's worth, I've been doing it for 10 weeks and I've been losing weight at about 1.5lb per week and I don't find it even remotely tedious/impractical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

OUCH!

Girls confuse me. Gonna have to ask L about the birds and the bees again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Essien wrote: »
    So are people saying IIFYM is bad because it's unhealthy or because it's impractical/overkill compared to traditional clean eating?

The majority of what I've read on it advocates eating mainly clean but also fitting in some junk/treats where possible, without having to feel guilty. I don't see how it could be all that unhealthy if you're tracking things like calories, fat, carb and fiber intake, surely that alone is considerably healthier that how 95% of the general population eat.

FWIW it's worth, I've been doing it for 10 weeks and I've been losing weight at about 1.5lb per week and I don't find it even remotely tedious/impractical.

There's a difference between eating clean 90% of the time and having some leeway versus scoffing down crap and trying to fit it into your macros

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    Its clear to me that he does understand that very simple fact. It seems you are the one struggling to grasp the concept that some foods are far easier to overconsume than others -also a pretty simple idea.

You dont overconsume anything if you know what your eating instead of an"eat clean train hard" mentality . Peanut butter is 50% fat and packs an enormous caloric punch but it gets mentioned all the time with these food choice hippies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Lol

Hippies, clowns, bullsh1t, do you even lift bro?

I love this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

OUCH!

How hard?

How hard?

I'm easy. Few compliments, tell me I've an amazing ass, my tekkers are good and they are yours :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

OUCH!

People....please this is a totally transparent attempt for the OP to post a picture of himself in his underwear....he is waiting for somebody to challenge his rippedness and then boom a selfie in the kalvins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

OUCH!

you're doing it wrong. you should have replied with...

g5TtK.jpg

• Advertisement

You swopped from macros in your first post to calories later on. You need a dose of vitamin mirror as to who is looking silly in this thread.

Ok let me start with your initial argument 2000 calories from

sugar, whey, and vegetable oil versus meats, rice/sweetpotato/veg, and a balance of fats which person will look different at the end? assuming identical twins etc. Who'll have better skin? Better hormonal profile?

I don't disagree with you one will likely have better skin, hormones etc. its pretty extreme to use a diet like that sugar whey and oil . you forgot fibre also. I don't agree with a diet such as this , no one does.

People....please this is a totally transparent attempt for the OP to post a picture of himself in his underwear....he is waiting for somebody to challenge his rippedness and then boom a selfie in the kalvins.

You got me . lol

You got me . lol

Do you even lift, I bet your fat :D

Do you even lift, I bet your fat :D

Better not ,Stench blossom be droolin on her computer.

Better not ,Stench blossom be droolin on her computer.

I think the fact that you were unnecessarily insulting will keep her secretions to a minimum, women find angry insecure narcissists deeply unattractive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

We've already seen the pics of the OP...ripped isn't a word that applied

perhaps your macros are all wrong??

xgtdec wrote: »
    We've already seen the pics of the OP...ripped isn't a word that applied

perhaps your macros are all wrong??

Iv seen lower bodyfat levels than you and your guesswork could ever dream of chief.

Iv seen lower bodyfat levels than you and your guesswork could ever dream of chief.

oh my...well that's my life over, goodbye cruel world!!

and im sure you have seen lower bodyfat....but it aint on you pal, your just a lean little man...thanks for your pics to prove it

oh my...well that's my life over, goodbye cruel world!!

and im sure you have seen lower bodyfat....but it aint on you pal, your just a lean little man...thanks for your pics to prove it

Oh im not little id be willing to bet Im bigger than you too pal.

Oh im not little id be willing to bet Im bigger than you too pal.
    :D I bet you are too..

:D I bet you are too..

Just looked through your posts . One is you givin yourself a round of applause for a 90kg front squat in the daily achivements thread . You shouldnt be callin people lean little men especially when they warm up with your bragging rights.

Put your dicks away, fellas. This pissing contest is getting boring.

gvn wrote: »

Dtec got personal , im over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Love2u

Not promoting anything except sound advice .whats wrong with white bread and sugar?

Google the book "sugar blues" or even better go and read it. Its an eye opener and I can tell you anyone who has read it never allowed sugar in their diet since. Read the ingredients in your white bread, write them down, then google each ingredient and see what garbage you are putting into your system.

gvn wrote: »

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

This is an absolutely ridiculous statement and attitude for this forum.

Love2u wrote: »
    Google the book "sugar blues" or even better go and read it. Its an eye opener and I can tell you anyone who has read it never allowed sugar in their diet since. Read the ingredients in your white bread, write them down, then google each ingredient and see what garbage you are putting into your system.

Any worse than the genetically modified pesticide sprayed broccolli we eat or the steroid chemical pumped chicken? Id say wed all be horrified at the way most of our food is produced. I never said white bread or sugar was healthy I said it ls no different in terms of weight loss to any other carb source.

Zombienosh wrote: »

Your absolutely right people wading in with insults and personal attacks are wrong for doing so .

Just looked through your posts . One is you givin yourself a round of applause for a 90kg front squat in the daily achivements thread . You shouldnt be callin people lean little men especially when they warm up with your bragging rights.

ah looking through posts for mud to sling..that ol chestnut, your above comment makes you an even smaller man....my feelings are hurt now, I have to go destroy my macros for the day!!

ah looking through posts for mud to sling..that ol chestnut, your above comment makes you an even smaller man....my feelings are hurt now, I have to go destroy my macros for the day!!

Just wanted to see how BIG of a man you were seeing as you were calling me a "lean little man" . Im glad I did cos for a second I actually thought it had some substance. You got personal not me. I trust you wont do it again . Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I was going to say this thread has descended into childish insults but then I remembered it was pretty insulting right from the start.

Any worse than the genetically modified pesticide sprayed broccolli we eat or the steroid chemical pumped chicken? Id say wed all be horrified at the way most of our food is produced. I never said white bread or sugar was healthy I said it ls no different in terms of weight loss to any other carb source.

Buy the book it's a great investment. Personally I try to eat as much organic food as I can get my hands on. If anyone calls to my house they get tea or coffee without sugar, I don't buy it or allow it in my house.

Just wanted to see how BIG of a man you were seeing as you were calling me a "lean little man" . Im glad I did cos for a second I actually thought it had some substance. You got personal not me. I trust you wont do it again . Lol

your trust is misplaced.

Zombienosh wrote: »

He's just jealous 'cause I'm leaner than him.

You don't know how bad I want to post a pic now!!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I thought you were over it?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Bye bye thread. I think you're done now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement