Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Andreas & Vice City on Steam

• 08-08-2013 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,110 ✭✭✭✭

Right, have these, and wanted to give them a whirl before V comes out. Is there any way of getting a wired 360 controller to work with these? I've seen a good few threads saying use Xpadder, etc, but the same amount saying they won't work!

Anyone have these and got it to work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

could never get my ps3 controllers to work properly on either of those or even GTAIV, but some mates used their XBOX controllers with it fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

I'm currently playing through SA using mouse and keyboard, it is actually way easier using these, I can do missions I never could on the PS2.

I have looked into using the Xbox controller, tried a few programs for mapping the xbox buttons to pc keys but could never get them going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Have to agree with gooch, using keyboard and mouse is surprisingly easy. Tried getting the button config right for SA and it was a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,110 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Looks like i'll have to. Cheers though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

KB+M definitely felt easier for me on SA. Though you'll need three hands to fly properly.

Could never get the mouse to work with VC however, which is a shame.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,083 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I couldn't get past the mini helicopter demolition mission with the keyboard and mouse myself. The custom radio station was cool though.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I have my vice city working using http://www.redcl0ud.com/controlmk/

I had big problems with the game at the start, but found this site through searching the STEAM forums for the game itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Can download cfgs for them, biggest problem on PC was SA getting the gang controls to work on the d apd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Keyboard and Mouse work brilliantly for VC and SA. For IV you most certainly need a pad. 360 one works fine for me. Trying to steer a vehicle with the keyboard is nigh on impossible!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

IV was ok for me with KB and mouse. Flying the chopper was tricky but apart from that it was grand and I played vice city and san andreas on ps2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Polar101

I couldn't get past the mini helicopter demolition mission with the keyboard and mouse myself. The custom radio station was cool though.

Yeah, I got past it on attempt #35 or so on the PC. And then when I tried it on the PS2, I got through on the first attempt. So I can't really recommend playing them with mouse & keyboard.

Advertisement