Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday in Florida

Options
  • 08-08-2013 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Myself and my Girlfriend are heading to Florida for 2 weeks in October. Spending 4 days in Orlando, 6 days in Key West and 4 days in Miami. We are visiting the theme parks etc in Orlando. We are looking for places to visit, activities and general ideas for Key West and Miami. Also wondering about car hire in Florida and what company to hire from.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

http://www.orlandovillas.com/car_hire.aspx

For car hire, used them a few times, found them great, all the insurance you need is included in the quote

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Try travelsupermarket.com usually find the, good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Regarding things to do in Key West this wont be a problem. It is a nice small and fairly compact place. There is a trolley tour which I would strongly suggest you do first as this gives you your bearings and you get to see all of the sights. From memory it is a hop on hop off service and your ticket lasts all day. Exploring Ernest Hemmingway's house is to me a must. Every evening there is a sunset ceremony at Mallory Square dock and this you have to (in my humble opinion) go to. It starts about 2 hours before sunset with lots of street entertainers, food carts, arts and crafts stalls. There are literally thousands at it every night and when the sun finally sinks into the sea everybody applauds. Remembering all this suddenly I am very jealous of you. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy every second of Key West.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Kayak with alligators and crocs in the Everglades. Amazing experience.

http://toursintheeverglades.com/

Also Busch Gardens in Tampa is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Number20

Thanks for the help everybody who posted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

If I only had 4 days in Orlando (was there for over a week in March), I would try to squeeze in DisneyWorld’s Epcot Center and Animal Kingdom during the days and Pleasure Island during the evenings (although the night parade and fireworks at Magic Kingdom should really be seen). Universal Studios in the day and the Hard Rock in the evening, then a day at Sea World. When in the Keys, be sure to stop at the "No Name Pub" and try their Spicy Conch Fritters, and bring a dollar along to put on the wall. While in Miami be sure to take in the lovely beach sights (also called Nude Beach Patrol ;)). Night life in Miami is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Disney is miss able. Its was so over crowded compared to all the other parks. The orlando tourist office on intl drive are really good. Busch gardens was defo the best park.

MadsL wrote: »
    Kayak with alligators and crocs in the Everglades. Amazing experience.

We stayed at a golf resort. Kids walked out the front door right down to the pond at threw meat to the free ranging 8 foot alligators from about 15 feet away. Probably not the safest thing to do in retrospect. :pac:

hfallada wrote: »
    Disney is miss able. Its was so over crowded compared to all the other parks. The orlando tourist office on intl drive are really good. Busch gardens was defo the best park.

Bush Gardens is nice also, but if you've never been to Orlando, I wouldn't miss Disney. The cowds won't be all that bad in October as kids are in school.

Advertisement