Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Mix your own" thread.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Bargain Vapour, great prices on nic.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Chris Dolmeth

Damn, that was a quick reply! Cheers mate. Just ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Who said PG was prescription only?
    When I ask for it I was told it would have to be ordered as it's not kept in stock. Talking to the girl afterwords I was told it one of those things they don't sell to general public as it was on a watch list due to being a component of ....BOMBS!
    Googled and sure enough it is used by people making explosives.
    So blame the IRA for needing a prescription for antifreeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

tommy2bad wrote: »
    So blame the IRA for needing a prescription for antifreeze.

That's ethylene glycol.

Wouldn't fancy vaping that, tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Pique wrote: »
    That's ethylene glycol.

Wouldn't fancy vaping that, tbh!

Actually Pg is used in antifreeze too. In air conditioning systems and anywhere leaks might be consumed by humans or animals

Oh and in bomb making! like tin cans and super glue and ball bearings. Duno why they put PG on a 'list' and didnt put copper pipes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Duno why they put PG on a 'list' and didnt put copper pipes..

Or mech mods :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

aerosol wrote: »
    EFEFEAAA-58E0-435A-BA52-420B18BEC8EF-5575-0000041BB1D95922_zps1a6e70fb.jpg
    :-)

Sorry, was just wondering what "VG or Alcohol added" in the pic relates to and how to get this figure? Thanks

VG = Vegetable Glycerin

Alcohol = Alcohol or Vodka.

You tap the field to specify what percentage you want, then it tells you precisely how much you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Free app for mixing juice, calculating voltage, coil size ect here (iPhone/iPad)

Looks ok :) no annoyining pop-ups or ads!!! How do these guys make money???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

grindle wrote: »
    VG = Vegetable Glycerin

Alcohol = Alcohol or Vodka.

You tap the field to specify what percentage you want, then it tells you precisely how much you need.

Thanks, makes sense now.
    How are people finding the flavours, I'd be interested in getting involved in DIY for the fun of it. Would the standard be much lower than the likes of house of liquid though? It's only really worth it to me if I love the liquids I make

• Advertisement

The first few liquids you make will likely be odd, or overpowering, or weak.
    It's like baking, you have to find what works for you and every concentrate has a differing strength.

Making tobacco steeps is much easier than working with concentrates and all that faffery, and you can taste your DIY day-by-day to see when it's to your taste. I prefer the DIY Havana cigar I've made compared to HoL's Guevara, but that's because I leave (hah!) it steep longer than he does his. Guevara always seemed to hint at a nice cigar whereas mine is very very cigary - every time I wash the wick and get that brand-new coil taste I'm surprised by how cigary it is (much darker and much quicker to kill a coil as well, but worth it for those whiskey-moments).

That's not to say there aren't bad leaves, some are like concentrates in that they taste either manky or hollow on their own but can round out the taste mixed with another flavour.

If you go the concentrate route there are tons of recipes to follow on ECF - I think there's a site or app as well that rates other people's DIY concoctions (so long since I looked I can't remember where, sorry!)

How long do you have to steep the leaves Grindle? I'm very interested in having a go at this.

Some leaves chuck the flavour out and they're good within 3-7 days depending on your preference (Virginia leaves taste nice at varying stages), others are thicker and take aeons. Havana leaves were like that - can't remember if they were soaking for 3 or 4 weeks but it was a really long time before the flavour had that whallop to it.
    Would recommend tobacco steeps to rebuilders only - HoL can afford to vaccum filter their liquids 10 times and even then their stuff is rough on coils. Unless you've got a vaccum filtering setup handy you'll have to filter it slowly.
    And slowly means AAAAAGESSSSS and less than ten times. I go for three passes through #500 mesh and it's gunkalicious - and I only go through 1-2ml a day, I hate to imagine how often you'd have to build or clean if you were 5ml+.

It doesn't seem to be for the faint hearted and rebuilding is the way to go first. I think I will order some liquid from HoL first and see if I like it, then start on rebuildables before I head for the tobacco plantation. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Chris Dolmeth

They're philanthropists, bless 'em!

Advertisement