Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermarket comparison

Options
  • 08-08-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I'm wondering what is the best site, if there is one, that compares individual grocery prices for Irish supermarkets. Does anyone know of any?

Up until now, I've been living at home or in digs at college, so I've never really had to actively compare prices. If I was buying groceries, I'd generally just stick with one store and pay their average prices without much consideration for the overall average prices for the product that I'm buying. Now that I'm living more independently and need to budget accordingly, I'd like to start being more sensible with my choices.

What I'm looking for is a website that gives the average price of individual branded and non-branded groceries and regular domestic and cosmetic products by both individual price and quantity price. It would be fantastic if the website also offered comparison on car insurance, banking charges and similar. It would also be a bonus if there was an android app, so I could use it while I shop.

Any leads would be great as I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for on a Google Search.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It does not exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Dragons Den - next series

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Great for Banking and other info:-

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fitzgers

Sorry to reply to old thread - anybody know if there is still no site for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fitzgers

Anybody ever look at this site (mysupermarket co uk - can't post link because im only on boards since 2006 :D) for uk? Its awesome. One of the coolest things ive ever seen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement