Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biomedical Science UCC/CIT

Options
  • 08-08-2013 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi, Was just wondering how is the course split between the two colleges ?? I'd like to know if say for first year the majority of the time is spent in UCC or CIT for the sake of accommodation . . :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

cian casey wrote: »
    Hi, Was just wondering how is the course split between the two colleges ?? I'd like to know if say for first year the majority of the time is spent in UCC or CIT for the sake of accommodation . . :confused:

From what I hear your mostly in CIT and have a few hours in UCC! I'm going into second year Applied Biosciences in CIT. don't take my word for gospel but its what I gathered from talk around CIT! If you check the module descriptor online it should tell you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cian casey

Thanks very much, one more question :) Any idea what Parchment Square or Farranlea Halls are like ??

cian casey wrote: »
    Thanks very much, one more question :) Any idea what Parchment Square or Farranlea Halls are like ??

Parchment is grand, great for making friends and mixing as there's so many people around! It's noisy but you expect that with Student complexes like that. I honestly don't know what Farranlea is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tipperaryguy

I'm doing this course in September too! :) Just two questions ; 1. Are people getting accommodation nearer to UCC or CIT? 2. Which college do we put down as the one we're attending on Student Cards and stuff?

I'm doing this course in September too! :) Just two questions ; 1. Are people getting accommodation nearer to UCC or CIT? 2. Which college do we put down as the one we're attending on Student Cards and stuff?

A day or two after you accept your CAO offer you'll get a letter explain all that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 BioDylan

Hi guys! Im going into my 4th year biomed now, most people had accommodation around UCC when we were in first year as most of our lectures took place there! Wherever you get accommodation there is a bus link that links the two colleges and at most they are about a 40 minute walk!

In terms of student cards, you get two, one from UCC and one from CIT! (Whenever I have to put on a form which college I attend I just say UCC/CIT)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tipperaryguy

A day or two after you accept your CAO offer you'll get a letter explain all that!

Has anyone received a letter or email yet? I know some friends going to UCC and they have theirs already?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

You should have received an email by now. Letters are going to be posted from tomorrow onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Faye Morton

Has anyone received a letter or email yet? I know some friends going to UCC and they have theirs already?:confused::confused:

I haven't received anything! I rang them and they said biomed will be like a week before they send it out :/

Advertisement