Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The one that got away?

• 08-08-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all newbie here!

Just wanted to post this somewhere as it's been bugging me all week!

Last Sunday night I was out at a festival with a few of my buddies, basically, long story short, spotted a guy that kinda floated my boat a bit.
    Unfortunately, between the jigs and reels (and the taxi that was booked for the way home!) I never got to chat to him but was rather awkwardly staring and smiling at him from a short distance - he was staring back, though maybe he was drunk!
    Anyway, have been kicking myself that I didn't try and go up and talk to him, even though I knew my time was running out I couldn't pluck up the courage to go to him. Not sure really what I'm asking, maybe some advice on what to do the next time as I'm very shy when it comes to approaching guys...
    Thanks for reading y'all....

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Lick his face. Breaks the ice every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Welcome to After Hours OP

Expect a series of non-sarcastic, "agony aunt" style responses to your predicament.

And not a Fr.Ted or Simpsons quote in sight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

CoorsLite wrote: »
    Hi all newbie here!

Just wanted to post this somewhere as it's been bugging me all week!

Last Sunday night I was out at a festival with a few of my buddies, basically, long story short, spotted a guy that kinda floated my boat a bit.
    Unfortunately, between the jigs and reels (and the taxi that was booked for the way home!) I never got to chat to him but was rather awkwardly staring and smiling at him from a short distance - he was staring back, though maybe he was drunk!
    Anyway, have been kicking myself that I didn't try and go up and talk to him, even though I knew my time was running out I couldn't pluck up the courage to go to him. Not sure really what I'm asking, maybe some advice on what to do the next time as I'm very shy when it comes to approaching guys...
    Thanks for reading y'all....

Are you male or female?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

So you looked at a guy?

Next step is to wave from a distance. A few years time you'll be holding hands with a guy. Then BOOM, 30 years time, you're walking down the aisle.

(Just go over and say hello. ALL fellas will like that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I was unaware that "pulling" drunk young lads was a problem for women. I am perplexed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

jigs and reels festival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

Yep, I'd go with the face licking too.

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't listen to these fools, next time you need to face his lick.

FACE IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

jigs and reels festival

Not a great place to meet women as a lot of them tend to have Arann jumpers and beards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

I am a guy so my only natural response would be to punch him in the face..

Also yeah face licking can be good - as long as the face isn't covered in barf..

unless you're into that of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CoorsLite

Are you male or female?

Female!

This probably is the wrong forum but at least I'm getting a good laugh from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭notGill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Female!

Oh in that case lick his face....for starters ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Go over to the fella you fancy and ask him to educate you about beer, Coors Lite is some woeful shyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I remember all the ones the got away...

Never put a cheap lock on your cages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Next time casually saunter over to him and ask "Is that a banana in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" and before he can answer pull out banana, give it to him, the walk away looking disappointed muttering "Aw shít".

Or you could just say "Hi!"

Female!

This is almost always the wrong forum.

The best advice you'll get is what you're probably telling yourself - be a little bit more confident, take a chance and say hi to people who look nice.

I know it's not easy but it (eventually) worked for me. And now I'm a stud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I keep leaving the basement door open :( thankfully with their broken ankles they don't get far.

This is almost always the wrong forum.

The best advice you'll get is what you're probably telling yourself - be a little bit more confident, take a chance and say hi to people who look nice.

I know it's not easy but it (eventually) worked for me. And now I'm a stud.

No sarcasm at all??!!! Thanks for all that, I think my main problem about approaching guys is if they have a girlfriend and if I approach him, is the girl with him gonna go mad?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

No sarcasm at all??!!! Thanks for all that, I think my main problem about approaching guys is if they have a girlfriend and if I approach him, is the girl with him gonna go mad?!!

not if she's sane,

go find out....

No. Threesome. Simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Next time, don't just look over & smile... fiddle with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Oh no

You just posted that in AH

Have a good life and try out what's about to happen in the replies to the back of your mind

Ah only joking

The face licking is my go to move when The target is acquired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭OCorcrainn

amateurs.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Next time, don't just look over & smile... fiddle with yourself.

Hahaha *fiddle* haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

The one that got away?..

Think that was Hardy Krüger

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

It also helps if you put money in the purchase of the van. A few extra bob and a bit of imagination with the colour does wonders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

I saw a guy at a festival once.

He died soon afterwards.

OCorcrainn wrote: »
    amateurs.......

I find it never runs away. A well, a bucket and some lotion is all you need to ensure it puts that lotion on its skin. Oh, and a firehose.

Surprisingly enough, my currently GF falls somewhat close to an approach like this........it was a bite

Something something is your GF a dog joke.

So....lick his face is looking like the appropriate advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

At a house party 9 years ago a girl just walked up to me and said "Hi, I'm Cathy." Got chatting, but I, being the respectful gentleman (Didn't know what to do), didn't try anything. 20 minutes later she has her hand on my leg so I figured "I may have a shot here..." A few minutes later I'm tonsil deep in cooties. Worked for her. So just introduce yourself is my advice. Oh, and be hot, she was pretty hot, that was kinda important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Welcome to AH :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

It's always a great idea to chat someone up while they're in the company of their significant other. It makes for a wonderful anecdotal story later when you're icing your black eye. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Face Kicking is clearly a superior option, would have expected AH boardsies to realise this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

he must have been gay...anyone else would have licked your face before you licked theirs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement