Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additive free tobacco

Options
  • 08-08-2013 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know anywhere in Dublin that sells Drum additive free tobacco or any additive free tobacco for that matter?.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Moved from Gentlemen's Club - think you'll get more responses here OP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'd imagine that Fox Cigars stock it in their shop on 119 Grafton St- just opposite the front gate of Trinity College. They usually do a fair extensive range of rolling tobaccos, larger than the average shop. Their website is here http://www.jamesfox.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Have you gone into a shop that has the price list on the wall to see its available in Ireland. I imagine one of the large centras or spars would stock it if it existed. Rollies only make up 2,5% of all tobacco sales in Ireland so I doubt most shops would have a large variety

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

It does exist , I've gotten American Spirit and Pueblo up North before but I don't want to be going up just to get tobacco. I don't understand why they don't stock it in the Republic , I think that the additive free brands are even being de-listed in the North too due to some export law Obama has brought in!!. I can order it from the UK but I'd like to just go to a shop and buy it local to be honest. I'll check out the shops but I'm anticipating confused looks and language barrier issues :rolleyes:.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I'd imagine that Fox Cigars stock it in their shop on 119 Grafton St- just opposite the front gate of Trinity College. They usually do a fair extensive range of rolling tobaccos, larger than the average shop. Their website is here http://www.jamesfox.ie/

I tried them before and the other place at the top of Grafton street , they have organic tobaccos but they're not suitable for rolling. The guy in the place at the top of Grafton street gave me a free sample to try and dry out but it didn't work. I might ask my local Spar if they can order it from the list with their supplier for me.

• Advertisement

Seanachai wrote: »
    I tried them before and the other place at the top of Grafton street , they have organic tobaccos but they're not suitable for rolling. The guy in the place at the top of Grafton street gave me a free sample to try and dry out but it didn't work. I might ask my local Spar if they can order it from the list with their supplier for me.

Ok I understand. I'm surprised neither of those tobocconists offered to order it for you, especially as they know smokers will be back for more ;)
    I'd say if you speak to the manager of a Spar they'll order it for you provided they know you're going to get through the box that they order.

Just out of interest- what exactly is additive free tobacco ? Is the nicotine removed ?

It still has nicotene it just doesn't have the chemicals usually added for burning and moisture etc. I'm not a regular smoker so it's easier on the throat.

ok right, I gave them up myself 10 weeks ago but still get cravings when having a few pints so I'm looking for some sort of nicotine free e-cig to smoke, I don't think they exist though as even the e-cig companies want their customers to be addicted. Best of luck finding your product in any case=)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carlobroin

I have quit smoking and have American spirit tobacco which is a very nice tobacco and additive free if u would be interested in it? I have a few packs of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Zyvis

Dunhill have been 100% additive free for decades now, as standard
    Both blue and red are additive free, I like the reds in standard size

• Advertisement
Advertisement