Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cops and sirens all over town

Options
  • 08-08-2013 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

In the last half hour I have been passed by 4 cards cars with lights and sirens going.

Any ideas what's going on. Just bring nosey, like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

There might be a Minister in town:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

ask sully! he's usually always near by when things happen(he should be called batman or superman)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ask sully! he's usually always near by when things happen(he should be called batman or superman)

News to me. Came across a few when I was effectively living in Waterford, and when I had a fair bit of work on in Waterford. But Batman or Superman?Sure, ill take that as a compliment! :D

From my years in WIT, its normal enough to hear sirens on the Cork Road on a near daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Scheduled lights and sirens test.

Sully wrote: »
    News to me. Came across a few when I was effectively living in Waterford, and when I had a fair bit of work on in Waterford. But Batman or Superman?Sure, ill take that as a compliment! :D

From my years in WIT, its normal enough to hear sirens on the Cork Road on a near daily basis.
    no problem at all supersully lol yeah hence why the fire service chose to build near ballybeg, majority of there calls do be in that direction

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

no problem at all supersully lol yeah hence why the fire service chose to build near ballybeg, majority of there calls do be in that direction

Super Sully.

Could it be the start of a new superhero? A new comic book followed by a new movie? I could be rich....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

are you for real?the reason why the new station is being built there is because of its close proximity to the outer ring road has nothing to do with all the calls that are out that way,talk about snobbery.

are you for real?the reason why the new station is being built there is because of its close proximity to the outer ring road has nothing to do with all the calls that are out that way,talk about snobbery.
    jaysus relax i'm only taking the mick is all, some people need to take a chill pill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

jaysus relax i'm only taking the mick is all, some people need to take a chill pill

Jeez what ever you do don't mention crime or anything about ballybeg youll be mobbed :-)

Jeez what ever you do don't mention crime or anything about ballybeg youll be mobbed :-)
    yeah or the meadowbank robbery with the machete or even that embarrassing programme "THE ESTATE"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

2011-2012 was a bad year for firetruck threads on the waterford forum.

let us not forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

A garda sgt was hit by a car out in St Herblain Park yesterday. Is that area considered 'rough'?
    Gardaí in Waterford city are investigating an incident in which a Garda Sergeant was struck by a car and dragged along the bonnet for a short time.

It happened in the St Herblain Park at around 3pm yesterday afternoon.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/teen-arrested-after-car-strikes-garda-in-waterford-603609.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Will wait to see if he deliberately drove at the Sergeant, and depending on that i'll be calling for attempted vehicular manslaughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    A garda sgt was hit by a car out in St Herblain Park yesterday. Is that area considered 'rough'?

A bit yes.

Advertisement