Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does this seasons Premiership have the most annoying managers in it ever??

• 08-08-2013 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone else dreading the after-match interviews, the Friday press conferences and the numerous vox-pops on Sky all season. With Holloway and Mourinhio back and the likes of Rodgers/Moyes/Hughes/Big Sam still here. I think that this is the most whiny/look at me i'm a character/I'm special season for managers ever.

It was Holloway on SSN there thats pushed me over the edge. He reminded me of Gareth from the office.

Reporter: What will Chamackh bring to your team if he signs
    Holloway: What do you think?
    Reporter: Well he didn't play for Arsenal last year
    Holloway: That's their fault

If Redknapp comes back i'm moving to North Korea.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

C'mon Harry, one time!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Holloway's briliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pulis and Holloway are gone, and you're complaining? Get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

What kind of managers do you like instead?

Fergie's gone so that's all that matters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

CSF wrote: »
    Pulis and Holloway are gone, and you're complaining? Get out.

Holloway manages Palace. :confused:

Zico wrote: »
    What kind of managers do you like instead?

Laudrup, Hughton, Lambert etc. The type that don't love the sound of their own voice, can give straight answers and aren't trying to be the "star" of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Holloway and Mourinho are back and Di Canio is a lunatic can't wait.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Laudrup, Hughton, Lambert etc. The type that don't love the sound of their own voice, can give straight answers and aren't trying to be the "star" of the club.

Most football managers annoy you then?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don't watch the interviews then, problem solved.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

So you started a whiny thread to moan about whiny managers.....

fwiw I think Holloway is funny to listen to, I hate the same soundbites that most managers come out with every weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Yeah, I like Holloway. Di Canio and Mourinho. Better to hear a bit of personality than the usual shyte. The joy of Pulis and Fergie going has been negated by the fact that Steve Bruce and Mark Hughes are back however.

Holloway manages Palace. :confused:

Meant to say Redknapp :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I come to watch football, not to watch the managers being interviewed afterwards. You've little to be worrying about if this is what you consider "annoying"

Is anyone else dreading the after-match interviews, the Friday press conferences and the numerous vox-pops on Sky all season. With Holloway and Mourinhio back and the likes of Rodgers/Moyes/Hughes/Fat Sam still here. I think that this is the most whiny/look at me i'm a character/I'm special season for managers ever.

It was Holloway on SSN there thats pushed me over the edge. He reminded me of Gareth from the office.

So you started a whiny thread to moan about whiny managers.

Whiny was one of the criteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Don't watch the interviews then, problem solved.

This, really. No-one is forcing anyone to watch the post-match guff, the "build up" or even SSN the following 7 days.

It's easily avoided.

Capacity to ignore the manager doesn't make him less annoying though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Who knows Hughes and Bruce mightened last two long anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

What it really needs is Paul Sturrock and his goatee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

A large band of Football fans seem intent on trying to reduce the amount of characters in the game. Anyone with personality is hated.

It has to be the most conservative sport on the planet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Is anyone else dreading the after-match interviews, the Friday press conferences and the numerous vox-pops on Sky all season. With Holloway and Mourinhio back and the likes of Rodgers/Moyes/Hughes/Fat Sam still here. I think that this is the most whiny/look at me i'm a character/I'm special season for managers ever.

Holloway's interviews are always entertaining. What I'm sick of is the managers who ALWAYS use textbook answers to questions. Don't get me wrong, I know why they do it, to not stir anything or rise to the bait of certain interviewers, but Holloway's are entertaining, and is probably more honest than a lot, which does make him look like a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Surely this should be in the TV forum not the Soccer forum??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

When did Moyes become annoying? Never really had an opinion on him either way when he was at Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

When did Moyes become annoying? Never really had an opinion on him either way when he was at Everton.

He joined United, of course he's suddenly annoying now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Pool fans always hated him, for some reason the most vicious among them refer to him as "Dignity Dave". I think it's because Rafa disrespected Everton, calling them a small club, and Moyes had the temerity to have a go back. The fooking cheek of him.

Advertisement