Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a Maths book for higher level?

• 08-08-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend me a maths textbook (or two!) to cover the new higher level course please? Only option I've found so far (in Reads) is called 'Active Maths' -has anyone used it and got feedback? Should I look around for 'Project Maths'?

I'm sitting in 2014 but have been out of maths a while (yup I'm a mature/old!) so the course has changed significantly since I've seen it last!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Project Maths is the name of the course, not the book. Active Maths is an excellent book to use for HL. I used it for my Leaving this year and has brilliant examples of how to solve something or how to decode the question. You can use Text and Tests books too but I don't think they cover the syllabus of Project Maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Active Maths seems to be the most used.

Advertisement