Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayak Hire in Waterford?

Options
  • 08-08-2013 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Anybody know where you can hire kayaks by the hour in Waterford?
    Somewhere where it's not part of some course you have to do.
    Ideally it would be kayaks of the 'sit on' rather than 'sit in' type.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Think there is a place out in Ardmore that does it, not 100% sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Dunmore adventure center maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Sully wrote: »
    Think there is a place out in Ardmore that does it, not 100% sure though.

Ardmore too far but thanks.
    Dunmore adventure center maybe!

They only do courses apparently. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

Tried to do the same a while back and there is no one who does unfortunately...pity really cuz we have some amazing places to paddle....
    the river rescue did a fundraising kayak run from cheekpoint to town and there was over sixty boats in the water that day so there are loads of paddlers in Waterford....shame there is no
    Club like their is in thomastown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Is the 180 kayak club still running as i know they were based in waterford. WIT also have a kayak club if you are attending WIT.

We took out a friend to dunmore east recently for his first time kayaking its a great way to spend a few hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

Wobbles the 180 club is long since defunct...the paddy mc Cormack who ran it now offers kayaking trips etc via his business pureadventure.ie who I can't recommend highly enough, I think he might even be on boards so if you want to contact him should be handy enough...

WIT club will definitely not let any non student participate in the club but Some ex members do meet up sometimes will post details when I get em... If anyone on here wants to meet up for a paddle let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

There's a duty of care present to anyone who would rent out kayaks to the general public, and the threat of hiring it to some gob****e who'd go and get themslves drowned is too high to allow it, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

If anyone on here wants to meet up for a paddle let me know

I'd love a go before the Killarney Adventure Race beginning of October. I'm told there's nothing to it and not to worry if I've never done it before ahead of KAR. All the same I'd rather have given it a go first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

There is a guy in Cappoquin called Denis Murray runs Blackwater Boating his phone number is 0876832872 might be able to sort you out.

Advertisement