Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how are repeats marked?

• 08-08-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

anyone know what way they're marked if you're repeating a failed exam? I know your CA doesn't count but I assume you can't get an A.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Even if you get 100%, max grade you get is a pass.

And in some cases you must also repeat CA over the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

great thanks :)

Just to extend on what Kon said, if you get a fail in an award year, you can only obtain a pass degree, cannot obtain a First Class Honours. I believe some lecturers are trying to have this changed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Just to extend on what Kon said, if you get a fail in an award year, you can only obtain a pass degree, cannot obtain a First Class Honours. I believe some lecturers are trying to have this changed though.

Is that the norm most colleges or just our lovely establishment?

Drodan wrote: »
    Is that the norm most colleges or just our lovely establishment?
    I don't know. I think it's the same as other colleges. I just remember talking to a lecturer about it in fourth year, and he was telling use how important it is not to fail anything in an award year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement