Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damp?

Options
  • 08-08-2013 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

i noticed that the wall under my bedroom has gone a bit shiny. I've no idea if it needs painting because it hasn't been painted in about 2 years or its damp.. there's tiny dots that look like the start of yellow mold but its hard to tell because the wall is painted Mongolia. its a rented property and the LL is a nightmare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Not a great pic to be honest, could it be when someone is standing or sitting on window sill, their hands behind them hitting off wall thus putting grease marks from hands on wall over a time?

Looks just like scuff marks to me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭spudz22

mad m wrote: »
    Not a great pic to be honest, could it be when someone is standing or sitting on window sill, their hands behind them hitting off wall thus putting grease marks from hands on wall over a time?

Looks just like scuff marks to me tbh.
    yep i know what you mean but I've attached another picture that maybe a bit better to see

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Not really! Looks like scuff/grease marks to me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,952 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The pics are 'awful' but does look like an oul Wall leaning or two.

Any friends over recently ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

can't tell from the photos but a room shouldn't need repainting after 2 years and what you are describing sounds suspiciously like damp to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement