Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom fibre feedback, experiences

• 08-08-2013 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I currently have eircom broadband, 8mb unlimited download. I believe i can request a free upgrade to fibre.
    Does anyone have any experiences with the upgrade? Any downsides, much hassle work involved?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭jmcc

Have it for about a week. Ordering was problematic and the order had to be chased up. However once the order went through, it was installed within a few days. Stability and bandwidth is excellent.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jmf81

Living in Letterkenny and I'm currently with 3 and it's incredibly slow. Thinking about changing to eircom fibre broadband (which is available in Letterkenny i think). Not sure if this is the place to ask but is it worth the €50 a month? I have sky sports at the minute but thinking about cancelling that so i'd be able to watch football online. Has anybody any experience of watching football online through eircom fibre broadband. Def can't afford to pay extra for broadband and keep sky sports. But our 3 internet is such a joke that it's becoming unbearable so it's going for sure! Any help/advice would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 windage

Jmf81 wrote: »
    Living in Letterkenny and I'm currently with 3 and it's incredibly slow. Thinking about changing to eircom fibre broadband (which is available in Letterkenny i think). Not sure if this is the place to ask but is it worth the €50 a month? I have sky sports at the minute but thinking about cancelling that so i'd be able to watch football online. Has anybody any experience of watching football online through eircom fibre broadband. Def can't afford to pay extra for broadband and keep sky sports. But our 3 internet is such a joke that it's becoming unbearable so it's going for sure! Any help/advice would be great.

Have you tried the o2 broadband? I had the 3 broadband and wasn't happy with it at all. O2 was much better. Have it almost 2 years. Thinking of moving to eFibre to get the faster speeds.

Advertisement