Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brand new Ipad4 screen unresponsive

• 08-08-2013 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi,

When I bought my iphone4s brand new on launch day I received it faulty; the volume automatically increases to maximum and stays that way. Even when silenced or when turning it down. The home button also wasn't working properly on and off.

I had to then find a repair center and hand in my phone and had no phone for several days. I had to travel in and out to get it. It wasn't nice.

Now I ordered an Ipad4 (the latest model) from amazon. It arrived yesterday and as soon as it was turned on and on the second step of the welcome screen the touch screen went completely unresponsive.

The buttons worked fine and I could turn it to sleep and press the home button fine. After about an hour the screen worked again so I thought nothing of it. Now a day later it happens again.

I ring apple care support and they tell me I have to buy applecare warranty for them to come out and replace it... not good enough. I got an option of traveling to compuB store and they will replace it there. I rang them and it will take a WEEK to replace it? Why cant they give me an instant replacement instore? The store doesnt pay for it, apple does right?

Does this seem right to anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yes that's normal that you have to wait for something to be sent for repair

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You bought it from Amazon. CompuB are an authorised re-seller, not Apple. Why should they give you one of their stock for an Amazon problem? If Amazon look after it, it will take longer than a week, and you would have to organise to ship it back to them as well. Apple offered to have a courier pick it up by the sound of it, but that will still take about a week, to pick up and replace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Yurple wrote: »

Does this seem right to anyone?

It's called buying on the internet. It's the price you pay for not purchasing it in a bricks and mortar shop. Them's the breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

Buying online from amazon france saves a ton of money rather than going to a brick and mortar shop. I just have to understand that Apple products are faulty most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It might be a hassle, but take a trip to Belfast. Chances are if it's faulty they'll replace it on the spot. They've replaced a few things of mine there and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭whippet

Yurple wrote: »
    I just have to understand that Apple products are faulty most of the time.

your understanding would be incorrect then, i'm coming from first hand experience of seeing thousands of ipads and macs crossing my path; but a couple of bad experiences will taint everything.

CompuB are not apple, you are not a customer of CompuB and as such CompuB really have no responsibility to you. They will facilitate Apples warranty for you.

Apple, unlike many other brands will just swap out an iPad / iPhone / iPod that is covered under their warranty. You have the option to deal with Apple direct and they will send you a new one and collect your faulty one. Or you can drop it in to an Apple Service provider like CompuB who will facilitate this swap for you.

As for buying it from Amazon; this ultimately is only where you legally have any recourse for a solution as this is where you bought it from. However; as Apple's warranty is usually very good you have a number of options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

This is why i always buy Apple products direct from Apple. You get the best warranty from them, although they've honoured the warranty on the Mac I bought from PC World (managers special).

There should never be a need to get a product repaired if it arrives faulty, it's your right to send it back straight away for a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Sorry to hear that OP, sucks ass.

In the short term, might be worth your while scooping up to Belfast for the day, tickets are cheap enough if you buy them online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Are buttons ok? You might be in another mode like camera mode but if screen not working after period of time take it into nearest apple store. Did you return it or you getting a replacement op? Tech support and repair time takes time. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Advertisement