Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

13m for a 91 rated player is a steal. Nice.

It's be a real shame if....

...someone reported it.

O_O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Chivas de Guadalajara beat Standard Liège 2 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Sabah scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Duff was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Long may be spending more time on the bench!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

13m for a 91 rated player is a steal. Nice.

It's be a real shame if....

...someone reported it.

O_O

28, only covers 1 position, not a starter for Brazil, that combined with the money for Modric (with a little side deal) made the difference...

If this does not go through for whatever reason I will not be impressed to say the least, I mean that will have been the second one on me & as I keep saying these sort of deals (side deals/external circumstances) are the deals that a club in my position needs in order to progress.....

Again, I stress..... I would not be a happy camper to say the least, but I'm hopeful :p

My worry is that without knowing the side deals in place, it looks like Wolfs are offloading their best player for face value, when he could have been going for at least double that. I fully get the reasoning you're giving but being honest, I wouldn't be shocked to see it reversed...

My worry is that without knowing the side deals in place, it looks like Wolfs are offloading their best player for face value, when he could have been going for at least double that. I fully get the reasoning you're giving but being honest, I wouldn't be shocked to see it reversed...

Funny....

I said I'd do exactly that for Rose earlier tonight! ha ha!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I don't think face value warrants reversing in any other league as that's what they like its the outlandish prices that the SMFA don't like, they don't look and see that we would usually sell players for an insane price therefore this one is fishy, if it gets reversed it will more than likely have been reported.

Funny....

I said I'd do exactly that for Rose earlier tonight! ha ha!!!!!!

Difference is Rose isn't my best player, is only 88 and went for 150% value. Diego IS Wolfs best player, went for face value and is 91. Its going to throw up flags I'd say.
    JamboMac wrote: »
    I don't think face value warrants reversing in any other league as that's what they like its the outlandish prices that the SMFA don't like, they don't look and see that we would usually sell players for an insane price therefore this one is fishy, if it gets reversed it will more than likely have been reported.

It seems to be the face value deals which do get reversed in this gameworld though. I'm struggling to remember any deal that was talked about after reversing that wasn't a case of "He's going for face value cause we're doing a few deals together" scenario...

JamboMac wrote: »

I dunno....

My Remy deal was for very little money but for essentially 3 hot prospects and they reversed that...

I don't think because it is just more than the minimum asking price, I don't think you can 'get away' with it... It may be investigated it may not....

Just have to wait and see

Difference is Rose isn't my best player, is only 88 and went for 150% value. Diego IS Wolfs best player, went for face value and is 91. Its going to throw up flags I'd say.

True, but lets be honest here, Rose looks to be the starting fullback for spurs who in all fairness (regardless of what AVB says) should be going for the league... Spurs will be a champ league team in the next few sasons for sure.... Short story - Only way is up for ROSE, same cannot be said for Diego, I firmly believe he has peaked and its 50/50 as to weather he stays or drops....

Another point is this, its pretty sad that (not attaching any blame) we have reached the point where deal reversals are being talked about even before the deal has been done...... AGAIN I state, that in such a highly competitive game world, these 'side deal' deals weather you agree with them or not are essential for clubs trying to climb....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

How much did Rose go for :eek:

Also I can't see that deal for Diego going through

• Advertisement

How much did Rose go for :eek:

Also I can't see that deal for Diego going through

Should I cancel it, offer more and re-negotiate the side deal? :confused:

EDIT - Just looking back.... Gareth Barry was a 91 31 years old went for 10 mil to Lazio before I took over, no issue there.......

Why would SM flag this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

EDIT - Just looking back.... Gareth Barry was a 91 31 years old went for 10 mil to Lazio before I took over, no issue there.......

Why would SM flag this?

Nice try:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Why would SM flag this?

No leave the bid in man, hopefully it won't be stopped. It's just a downside to the game that a legit transfer could be reversed, if it does it's just bad luck, it hasn't happened to me yet but I know it will probably happen sometime and there's nothing I can do about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I can't see any issue as to why it would be flagged.

However, I would be more concerned with the fact that Diego is almost dead!! Look at his condition - 26%!! What the hell has his manager done to him??!!

:D:D:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Wilberto wrote: »
    I can't see any issue as to why it would be flagged.

However, I would be more concerned with the fact that Diego is almost dead!! Look at his condition - 26%!! What the hell has his manager done to him??!!

cock.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

and inters result tonight.......... another loss! 7 from 7:eek:

Your defence is ancient mate, that formation leaves your lone striker isolated as well.

I won it by two goals in the last 10 minutes, i'd put that down to the age of your defence

Zanetti is 40, Cambiasso 33 and Samuel 35!

Stick with it, i'd try to rebuild my team though and lower the average age even if you have to lower the average rating

Nice try:-)

:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Still not over being robbed by dortmund last night.

Does anyone know if using tougher tacts such as ''pressing all over'' increases tiredness??

The offer for Anthony PILKINGTON of Norwich City from Tottenham Hotspur has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Surprised he's just sat at Norwich since the game began. I know he's not Ronaldo, but he's got potential and is Irish to boot. For 4.4m, can't go wrong :P

He'll be listed for loan as soon as the deal completes, if anyone wants to take him for the season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

The offer for Anthony PILKINGTON of Norwich City from Tottenham Hotspur has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Surprised he's just sat at Norwich since the game began. I know he's not Ronaldo, but he's got potential and is Irish to boot. For 4.4m, can't go wrong :P

He'll be listed for loan as soon as the deal completes, if anyone wants to take him for the season.

loan offer accepted. i was going to sign him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

I know he's not Ronaldo, but he's got potential and is Irish to boot. For 4.4m, can't go wrong :P

Damn right he's not Ronaldo ;)

Ribas DIEGO has completed his move to SS Lazio from Wolfsburg for 13,000,000

Waiting game begins.........

EDIT: Eh..... I just checked the 'All transfers' and there is no '? illegal' option next to the transfer? So I presume this cannot be reported? Open to correction on that but if so I'm well happy!!!!

I have a feeling that "Illegal" doesn't come up if its your transfer. Wasn't there for me for Rose.

EDIT: Also, the option is there for me when I check it.

I have a feeling that "Illegal" doesn't come up if its your transfer. Wasn't there for me for Rose.

EDIT: Also, the option is there for me when I check it.

Ah, thanks for letting me know :D

Oh well, back to the waiting game so........ :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I dont get the logic behind the loan system in our GW?!?

I'm unable to loan out any 87s or higher and cant loan in any 88s or higher ...

Yet in my only other GW, where there is about 20 managed teams, i had Smalling(89), Thiago(90) and Affelay(90) on loan. I loaned them in as soon as i took over. My first season ended and the lads went back, start of season3(my second season) i just applied to loan them again and got all 3 on loan again?!?

So how come its so restricted in our GW?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

On the report button you can't report your own deals so thats why the button isn't there.

As for the loan system. If a person has 3 right backs all 94 and 1 90 then he can loan the 90.

Like wise unless you have plenty of cover in a poisition your chairman will not loan a player

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    So how come its so restricted in our GW?!?

Just wait till my diego deal is reversed and then you'll see me snapping (again!!) about some of the stupid (changeable!!!!!!) Restrictions in this world....

Its very counter-productive as is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Really can't get my head around the attention you're bringing to this transfer and it's possible reversal. It's like you want it reversed so you can be outraged by it... Again. Makes zero sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Just wait till my diego deal is reversed and then you'll see me snapping (again!!) about some of the stupid (changeable!!!!!!) Restrictions in this world....

Its very counter-productive as is....

To be fair, im talking about loans and not transfers.

• Advertisement

Really can't get my head around the attention you're bringing to this transfer and it's possible reversal. It's like you want it reversed so you can be outraged by it... Again. Makes zero sense

If you read over the last few pages you will see that I was the one that expressed my sadness that we have reached the point where deals are talked about being reversed even before the transfer is complete.... that does not sound like I want the deal to fail?

You will also notice im not the one that brought the subject up...

This is the second time you've called me out on subject matters where I voice a strong opinion DEFENDING myself. I dont start these arguments, but I do have every right to weigh in on them with my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement