Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

His problem will be applying for any positions which come up though. Can't respond to the Manager Waiting List topic :pac:

He is SUNDERLAND forever....die hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Sounds like he might be gone for longer than you were tho...

Well then he must have deserved it to be honest. Mods don't ban people for no reason..

Those beautiful, wonderful mods.. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

tonic wine wrote: »
    The offer of freddy monterro has been accepted along with other offers. The transfer will be completed in the next 24 hrs.

Hopefully I land this fella, has been in great form this season. I'm the highest cash bidder, but just depends what the club values on the px players from other offers.

Missed out to fiorentina, it can be hard to judge what other clubs value payers offered as px. I think you fair out better offering px to external clubs rather then cash when there is a few bids in for the player, unless its substantially higher cash bid.

Think he will get a +2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Missed out to fiorentina, it can be hard to judge what other clubs value payers offered as px. I think you fair out better offering px to external clubs rather then cash when there is a few bids in for the player, unless its substantially higher cash bid.

Think he will get a +2

when you are doing PEx are the players worth more to your chairman than the others?

it used to be the other way around & i though it was just a bug but it's still like this for me

batistuta9 wrote: »
    when you are doing PEx are the players worth more to your chairman than the others?

it used to be the other way around & i though it was just a bug but it's still like this for me

Afaik wickham was worth 4m to fiorentina, plus 1m cash. I bid 5.6m but they accepted his offer.

Think he is now valued at 4.7 by his new club which is why it was higher then my bid by 100, 000 lol

But to answer your question, I think it depends on the rating of the player compared to who already plays in that position at the club your dealing with.

In the past I noticed other clubs had higher valuation on the players then my chairman.

• Advertisement

But to answer your question, I think it depends on the rating of the player compared to who already plays in that position at the club your dealing with.

In the past I noticed other clubs had higher valuation on the players then my chairman.

that's the way it used to be yeah

ribery is the most expensive player in my squad, rated 96 - 29.4 mil
    if i offer him to you:
    your chairman values @ 29.48mil
    mine @ 45.915mil

that doesn't make much sense to me since the values of players are part decided on who else is in the squad/club
    i thought it was a bug & the 2 chairman were mixed up but it's been like that for ages now
    i think it must have been brought in when they changed/add some rules about the finances, etc.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    that's the way it used to be yeah

ribery is the most expensive player in my squad, rated 96 - 29.4 mil
    if i offer him to you:
    your chairman values @ 29.48mil
    mine @ 45.915mil

that doesn't make much sense to me since the values of players are part decided on who else is in the squad/club
    i thought it was a bug & the 2 chairman were mixed up but it's been like that for ages now
    i think it must have been brought in when they changed/add some rules about the finances, etc.

Actually just checked mine now, my chairman doubles the value of some players compared to the actual face value.

When offering players, all other clubs chairmen just value as face value, but that's displayed to you. But I wonder is this chairmans valuation the same figure to the manager of the other club or is it different.

Say you offer me Ribery, you see he's worth 29.48m to my chairman, but the sneaker f##ker tells me he's really worth closer to 50m :D

Either way, I think players have a higher px value when dealing with external clubs when there's a few offers on the table.

For example, when I bought diego Reyes, I offered two players worth 8.5m face value. Someone else bidded 10.5m, but my offer was accepted.

Confusing eh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭SUNDERLANDER!

what-to-get-valentine-6.gif

I love you all even pepper. :D

I think i was becoming to big for this forum the fat cats at the top didnt like it,and after i set up the boards league manager association (BLMA) for you!!! :D well that just put the final nail in my coffin,but i will back on result nights!!! ;)

PS im keeping my club!!!! i earned them,i desreve them,i completely changed that entire team,rossi is the only player left from when i took over!

Remember me as i was....''MESSIAH LIKE''

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

I love you all even pepper. :D

I think i was becoming to big for this forum the fat cats at the top didnt like it,and after i set up the boards league manager association (BLMA) for you!!! :D well that just put the final nail in my coffin,but i will back on result nights!!! ;)

PS im keeping my club!!!! i earned them,i desreve them,i completely changed that entire team,rossi is the only player left from when i took over!

Remember me as i was....''MESSIAH LIKE''

So are you gone for good or are you back? :pac:

The transfer of eireannbear to sunderlander has been reported.
    I'd say it set off a few red flags to the SMFA.

• Advertisement

Actually just checked mine now, my chairman doubles the value of some players compared to the actual face value.

When offering players, all other clubs chairmen just value as face value, but that's displayed to you. But I wonder is this chairmans valuation the same figure to the manager of the other club or is it different.

Say you offer me Ribery, you see he's worth 29.48m to my chairman, but the sneaker f##ker tells me he's really worth closer to 50m :D

Either way, I think players have a higher px value when dealing with external clubs when there's a few offers on the table.

For example, when I bought diego Reyes, I offered two players worth 8.5m face value. Someone else bidded 10.5m, but my offer was accepted.

Confusing eh.

the bit where he tells you he's worth closer to 50 is what he'll allow you to pay

but the rest is fúcked up & makes PEx. a bit useless

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The offer for Bruno RODRIGO of Fortaleza from Tottenham Hotspur has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

3m for the 28 year old rated 84 defender.
    Was reading about players likely to get ratings increased, and his name cropped up. Apparently, he's Dede's defensive partner at Cruzeiro, and the duo are the third best partnership in their league. Dede is rated 90.

For 3m, it's worth a risk long term :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The soccermanager forum is harbouring a fugitive :eek:

Looks like he's still not banned

The soccermanager forum is harbouring a fugitive :eek:

Looks like he's still not banned

you have me confused with some one else. or if you want to persist....
    tumblr_m3ddr9iwxB1r9l5yoo1_500.gif

From now on im only signing youth from top league teams,signing a hot prospect from a lower league or small club is a waste of time,IMO young serie A players are the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Ah Shaddap-a Ya Face!

tumblr_mt81psjKpW1rbispdo1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I've started rejecting some of the lesser value bids on Modric.

There are now 4 offers left on the books + there are 2 other offers being discussed ... I had hoped to close this out tonight but doesn't look likely now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Come back and secure a 3-3 draw but then go out on penalties :(

oh, got thru without playing :p

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    oh, got thru without playing :p

So did i,why is that?? is it because we finished higher last year are we seeded or what?

So did i,why is that?? is it because we finished higher last year are we seeded or what?
    I think it is just luck of the draw but lets tell them all:
    It's because our fabulous manager ratings last season

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't like byes. Would actually rather playing tonight.

deffo if it is a home game, extra revenue an all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Next round I have shield holders Tottenham, should be fun.

JamboMac wrote: »

Galaxy at home for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

JamboMac wrote: »

watch out for his dirty tactics.

MOtVPit.gif

and of course he'll play Bale since we'll be playing our toddlers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Eh i dunno steered Aston Villa to victory against Boca Juniors.
    Aston Villa beat Boca Juniors 4 - 2 on penalties after a 2 - 2 draw in their The Boards.ie League Shield Round 1 fixture.

11 changes and still won :D

swoody wrote: »
    watch out for his dirty tactics.

MOtVPit.gif

and of course he'll play Bale since we'll be playing our toddlers ;)
    Don't worry I have plans for bale.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy was unable to prevent a Estudiantes defeat to West Bromwich Albion.
    Estudiantes slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against West Bromwich Albion in their The Boards.ie League Shield Round 1 fixture.
    Rendón was on the scoresheet for his side.

I think we both played weakened teams. Unfortunately, he probably still had an average rating of 88 where as mine was closer to 80! Plus, I hadn't realised that the LB I was sold was actually in the team, so when he left a CB came in and played out of position, where he received a rating of 4!

Still though, good run out for my reserves. I couldn't afford to play my first team as their condition were already in the mid to low 80's, and the league is a much larger priority right now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Slide Rule Pass

any 87 DM,M(C) available for loan.....?

Atl Madrid have one but i'm looking for options and waiting for him to respond.

• Advertisement

any 87 DM,M(C) available for loan.....?

Atl Madrid have one but i'm looking for options and waiting for him to respond.
    Do you not already have 3 loans

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement