Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

There ya go Tupac ya finally got your way, anything else you want changed?

He wants pen15 pump too Mr.Mac... Can you supply that? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

What good has smfa done for this GW?

Ive yet to read someone actually saying the smfa were correct to block a deal as it was very suspect.

The diego deal should not have been reversed. Personally I dont think any of the deals that were blocked should have been. Its hard enough to do deals with our chairmen limits as it is.

The system is been abused by members of sm, its very obvious and it can't be let continue, or I can see managers that contribute most on the forum dwindling off because of unfair decisions made by jealous players abusing the system that have nothing better to then reporting legitimate transfers out of just pure spite.

The situation needs to be rectified before its too late IMO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

How is the system being abused? :confused: There's a few things we need to remember here.

1. The system learns on it's own. A deal does not need to be reported in order for it to be reversed. Again I say, in the context of a self-learning system, it's not crazy to believe that this deal was considered suspect given the level of player and the level of money involved.

2. Not everyone reads this board. So take a step back and ask yourself...if you saw a deal for a 91 player and it's face value, and that's ALL the information you had, would you not consider it suspect? Tupac came on here and gave an explanation. It's not beyond possibility that people reported it based on what little info was there, and the fact it did look suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Slide Rule Pass

once again lads, are there any 87 DM,M(C) available for loan.....?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

MrMac84 wrote: »
    If its gettin that bad i may consider turning it off for a season too see how it goes if possible

Do it, please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I've yet to hear a logical argument for it to be turned off also.

Majority rules and it's definitely a minority who want it tuned off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

My matri deal was blocked ever though I offered €19.844m fir him, now even if we say diet is worth twice his face value, and subtract 7m form that, that's still over twice matris face value I was paying.

There is no logical reason to block the transfer.

In conclusion, SMFA Monitoring is s load of gack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

hmmm, this will be matri's 4th club....... suspicious much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Im in the 'leave it turned on' camp myself ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

@Tupac, I'm not singling you out. You keep pushing and complaining about this, more than anyone else so its you I respond to. We had a poll that ended up a draw yet this is now being forced into play because of a few deals.

As a side note, you getting a 90, or whatever he was, for his actual value is shady as ****

As TSC said, they normally go for 2x, 3x or even 4x their price

I pointed out that this is the third time you've had a go for defending myself, so if thats not singling out I dont know what is?

How was it shady? I presume you know about the rest of the deal as your claiming in public that my actions are shady.....

My point is exactly that! WHY should players be going for 3/4 times their value.... believe it or not, WE can change that, but not if SM keep butting in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

See that's the whole thing - 'the rest of the deal'.

I quote RW from the previous page:
    No side deal = smooth transfer

Side deal = chancing your arm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Sorry to interupt the arguement, but does anyone know how I can create a ticket to request that a player is added to the database? I've asked on the SM forum but got no response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I pointed out that this is the third time you've had a go for defending myself, so if thats not singling out I dont know what is?

How was it shady? I presume you know about the rest of the deal as your claiming in public that my actions are shady.....

My point is exactly that! WHY should players be going for 3/4 times their value.... believe it or not, WE can change that, but not if SM keep butting in.

Jaysus don't flatter yourself. I take each opinion as it comes, doesn't matter who it comes from. Apart from the last post about you getting your way, I wasnt having a go at anyone, just debating the situation and events surrounding the situation. The fact that it has been you that I disagreed with a couple of times, is coincidence

Sorry to interupt the arguement, but does anyone know how I can create a ticket to request that a player is added to the database? I've asked on the SM forum but got no response.

soccerwiki, but you need a reputation of 80 to be able to add players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭SUNDERLANDER!

Sunderland 2-1 leverkussen.

Pisano rated 79 with a goal in the first minute. and then my former player gallas was sent off in the 5th minute,i had a one man advantage,but still for a team of 70s and low 80s against kingsizes first team they did good.

The BLMA have set a board meeting regarding transfer policy set to take place in the BLMA head quarters located at the stadium of light for sunday at 7pm. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

No point in sugar coating it as some crusade to get prices down in the game world.

It is what it is, a way to get around a chairman who won't allow the deal so others have to be added into it making it complex.

I've no sympathy for anyone who does a deal with added "baggage" from here on out, knowing that they are the deals most likely to be blocked.

I don't know why we're even considering turning it off tbh, it's only effects 2% of the transfers in the GW, if even that, that's an educated guess but it probably is less.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Out of interest, what was the rest of the deal? Cause when the deal was first discussed, I thought you said it was a case of your mate at Wolfsburg just wanting cash quickly for Modric...

EDIT: Sorry, to add, I looked back and you did say later there was more to the deal.

Jaysus don't flatter yourself. I take each opinion as it comes, doesn't matter who it comes from. Apart from the last post about you getting your way, I wasnt having a go at anyone, just debating the situation and events surrounding the situation. The fact that it has been you that I disagreed with a couple of times, is coincidence

Coincidence thats its my replies to this subject matter that you have quoted 3 times even though the Matri deal was what started all this tonight? Someone even called the whole thing bullsh¡t, yet its me you quote?

No point in sugar coating it as some crusade to get prices down in the game world.

It is what it is, a way to get around a chairman who won't allow the deal so others have to be added into it making it complex.

I've no sympathy for anyone who does a deal with added "baggage" from here on out, knowing that they are the deals most likely to be blocked.

I don't know why we're even considering turning it off tbh, it's only effects 2% of the transfers in the GW, if even that, that's an educated guess but it probably is less.

No sugarcoating going on, it is what will happen if its changed.

Who said anything bout chairman? Its the SMFA I presume?

Good, not looking for sympathy, only change...

We are considering it because whatever you believe, not everyone is happy with the current system, maybe not enough to get it changed but enough to consider the matter...

Oh and another thing.....

What is everyone afraid of? You thing suddenly Barca Real Man U and the rest will suddenly shed players? No.... this will only help the lower down managers to tempt some of the bigger teams for some decent players ala Remy for 3....

Thats all! No great plague on the way like some would have you believe!

• Advertisement

The only genuine no strings attached deal i have seen reversed was kyiv's bid for lichsteiner,and that was after lich was taken off me,so even that could look suspect even if the managers did no wrong.

has anyone ever had their first and only deal with a club rejected that had no strings attached or didnt involve negotiating through pms?

Tupacs a genuine poster and manager,and i agree with a lot of what he says although i think its to risky to turn it off TBH.
    but still we should do the open poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Everton 1-1 Aston Villa.

Another draw, 1 win in 15 games for my Everton team in all competitions this season, disaster of a season so far!

As for the transfer system, I never had a problem with it so I'd say leave it as it is.

Whats the story with Matri? Can anyone bid for him again because if so then I'm putting a bid in as I need a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I have a question for those who want it switched off, if a lot obviously dodgy deals are done after it is switched off, how would the market be policed because everybody would leave if that happened. So the only positive is shady deals can be done with the vast majority and creating a bigger gulf between small and big clubs and the chairman isn't an issue or shouldn't be for most it's stopping people buy a monopoly of players in that position.

JamboMac wrote: »
    I have a question for those who want it switched off, if a lot obviously dodgy deals are done after it is switched off, how would the market be policed because everybody would leave if that happened. So the only positive is shady deals can be done with the vast majority and creating a bigger gulf between small and big clubs and the chairman isn't an issue or shouldn't be for most it's stopping people buy a monopoly of players in that position.

I see the exact opposite on both accounts...

Ive already said im thinking of leaving, so that works both ways....

I think the gulf would get smaller if anything? Small clubs with promising players could trade say 3 of them through side deals to get 1 good player thereby closing the gap slightly....

random GTA gif ........ :pac:

aQVgQJM.gif

back to moping.

JamboMac wrote: »

Agree'd the chairman should be tougher in some cases.

If i was juves chairman,id be like ''would ya feck off swoody ya already have 10 left backs and you want me to spend my millions so you can buy another one''!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

keeping up my run of friendly results:

Mr Freeze was unable to prevent a FC Porto defeat to AS Roma.
    FC Porto slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat against AS Roma in their Friendly fixture.
    N\'koulou and Džeko were amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

unkymo wrote: »
    Everton 1-1 Aston Villa.

Another draw, 1 win in 15 games for my Everton team in all competitions this season, disaster of a season so far!

As for the transfer system, I never had a problem with it so I'd say leave it as it is.

Whats the story with Matri? Can anyone bid for him again because if so then I'm putting a bid in as I need a striker.

And I played a full deserve team against you too. Big match tomorrow v Chelsea. Both teams unbeaten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Thats depressing me now!!

I need a striker so I'm putting a bid in for Matri, might kickstart my season if i get him.

• Advertisement

Sunderland vs Liverpool. thur 8pm

I predict an easy 3-0 sunderland win. im not joking this time,i believe it. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement