Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

The guy who was Schalke let Draxler go in exchange for daniel de rossi and paid 2.2m:confused:. Mad man

Edit.

And Joel Matip
    I always regretted that one, tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Daemos wrote: »

Dude take your club back before they are gone,i know you lost 5-0 in the PO but you did a good job with schalke!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Are you quitting SM or just taking a break?

I'm just leaving the Boards League, I'm staying on SM

Leaving Schalke had nothing to do with losing the play-offs - I announced last week that I'd be leaving even if I did get promoted. I had grown bored of the job weeks ago but decided to stick it out to the end of the season

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm just leaving the Boards League, I'm staying on SM

Leaving Schalke had nothing to do with losing the play-offs - I announced last week that I'd be leaving even if I did get promoted. I had grown bored of the job weeks ago but decided to stick it out to the end of the season

:)
    What caused you too get board?

• Advertisement

It's nothing wrong with the league, it's just how long the season is. I'm used to managing in 8-team divisions with 14 games a season. This was just a lot longer and requires more commitment

It was great fun though, and I wish the best to everyone who stays with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It's nothing wrong with the league, it's just how long the season is. I'm used to managing in 8-team divisions with 14 games a season. This was just a lot longer and requires more commitment

It was great fun though, and I wish the best to everyone who stays with it :)

I know this is board's league only but is it you that I'm in that other league with, Nolans super league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

I know this is board's league only but is it you that I'm in that other league with, Nolans super league?

Oof. You're for it now!:pac:

Lol, yes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Socky08

Marseille vs Hamburg in the Div 4 playoff final tonight. tune in, 2 diamonds in the rough imo. should be a cracker! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Socky08 wrote: »
    Marseille vs Hamburg in the Div 4 playoff final tonight. tune in, 2 diamonds in the rough imo. should be a cracker! :D:D

Tomorrow night no?!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Socky08

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Tomorrow night no?!

balls, been looking forward to it all day!

Beat Newcastle 4-1 in a friendly. My sub keeper scored the 4th after a loan player was recalled :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Beat Newcastle 4-1 in a friendly. My sub keeper scored the 4th after a loan player was recalled :D

Ah here, the result was bad enough but that's taking it a bit far:(

Looks like my lads were still celebrating winning the league, at least I hope they were

Ah here, the result was bad enough but that's taking it a bit far:(

Looks like my lads were still celebrating winning the league, at least I hope they were

Now now, I won the league too ;)

Anyway. Looking for a decent DC/DR 88/89. Have plenty of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

im in an awful way over this play off final tomorrow evening lads :O

dave(hamburg)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dave Shadow steered Tottenham Hotspur to victory against SSC Napoli.
    Tottenham Hotspur beat SSC Napoli 3 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    González scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Bale and Diouf were also amongst the goalscorers.

Diouf with a debut goal. Bale seems to be in good form since I got rid of his concerns :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered (Division 3) Estudiantes to victory against (Division 1) AC Milan.
    Estudiantes beat AC Milan 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Airton scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    King was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Nice! :cool:

I learned a little bit too in terms of tactics. Good result, and good solid debut for my new goalkeeper, 26 year old Antonio Adán of Real Madrid, for what was effectively my last 2m. I'm happy out with my current first team though. Not the highest ratings wise, but they're really growing on me alright.

Plus I've already secured two loan signings to strengthen probably the weakest part of my team - Defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Wilberto wrote: »

Plus I've already secured two loan signings to strengthen probably the weakest part of my team - Defence.

From what I gather from other posters loan signings made now wont stay for next season. Made the same mistake myself with 2 signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

SS Lazio beat SL Benfica 2 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Marchetti had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    El Shaarawy and González were amongst the goalscorers.

Oh, the joys of having a full team ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Internazionale beat Manchester United 1 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Milito had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Cassano was on the scoresheet for his side

I tried a new tactic and it seemed to work - very rare for inter to have a clean sheet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Internazionale beat Manchester United 1 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Milito had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Cassano was on the scoresheet for his side

I tried a new tactic and it seemed to work - very rare for inter to have a clean sheet :)
    u forgot to say hulk sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

soap1978 wrote: »

im trying to cheer myself up after last nites playoff defeat;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

From what I gather from other posters loan signings made now wont stay for next season. Made the same mistake myself with 2 signings.

Oh I know. I haven't actually loaned them yet. I've just "pre-ordered" them with managers on here.

Well, I do have one of the players alright but that's only because I had him on loan this season.

soap1978 wrote: »

I reckon thats because both managers get a different description of how the game went (i.e. from their view point)

Oh, the joys of having a full team ;)

If you really want to depress yourself even more you could set up a friendly with Besiktas.

Then set one up with Olimpiacos to depress yourself even further.

Only if you want to inflict more pain and suffering on yourself though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

FFS...sunderland lost 3-2 to twente and they should of scored more,if you include friendlies i havent won a game in 10,its getting annoying now!!!

Seriously, how am I going to do a tap in work tomorrow with the D2 Play Off final hanging over me for tomorrow night ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Wilberto wrote: »
    If you really want to depress yourself even more you could set up a friendly with Besiktas.

Then set one up with Olimpiacos to depress yourself even further.

Only if you want to inflict more pain and suffering on yourself though!

No because I know 100% that I would beat both of them, its just my luck!!!!

No, best of luck to the both lads involved, they deserve to be there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Standard Liège manager jamie doheny has decided to part company with the club after 18 games in charge.

Ahh here :( I miss Standard Liège!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement