Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

SS Lazio beat São Paulo FC 2 - 1 in their The Boards.ie League Shield Round 2 fixture.
    Bendtner scored both of the goals for SS Lazio and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Finally in my 3rd attempt!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

SS Lazio beat São Paulo FC 2 - 1 in their The Boards.ie League Shield Round 2 fixture.
    Bendtner scored both of the goals for SS Lazio and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

:eek: maybe he is as good as he says he is :P

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    :eek: maybe he is as good as he says he is :P

I didn't read the report but no doubt 2 dirty deflections off superb strikes from Hernanes or something :D

Home to Shanghai next round, will be a tough one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

I didn't read the report but no doubt 2 dirty deflections off superb strikes from Hernanes or something :D

Home to Tony Vilhena next round, will be a tough one

FYP :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Balls, didn't even know I had a match, that was my full team out from Sunday, gonna be in bits for Thursday

• Advertisement

Balls, didn't even know I had a match, that was my full team out from Sunday, gonna be in bits for Thursday

sure your only playing pompey, it's not as if you'll need anyone over 85 playing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Matt Pepper steered Real Madrid to victory against SL Benfica.
    Real Madrid beat SL Benfica 1 - 0 in their The Boards.ie League Shield Round 2 fixture.

WOOOOO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

swoody wrote: »
    sure your only playing pompey, it's not as if you'll need anyone over 85 playing anyway.

You've made an enemy for life Juve :p

Ah come on that's harsh....

After all, not like he knows any better!!! Ha ha!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

Gremio, rock bottom of Div 3 beat a full strength Barcelona on penalties after a 2-2 draw.

Surely the shock of the round?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Tommy Cahir steered AJ Auxerre to victory against Málaga CF.
    AJ Auxerre beat Málaga CF 2 - 0 in their The Boards.ie League Shield Round 2 fixture.
    Langil scored both of the goals for AJ Auxerre and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

This continues my unbeaten run against Málaga and gives my team a timely boost following a run of really poor results, had pretty much my entire 2nd team against their 2nds so was pretty even ratings wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

tommycahir wrote: »
    Tommy Cahir steered AJ Auxerre to victory against Málaga CF.
    AJ Auxerre beat Málaga CF 2 - 0 in their The Boards.ie League Shield Round 2 fixture.
    Langil scored both of the goals for AJ Auxerre and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

This continues my unbeaten run against Málaga and gives my team a timely boost following a run of really poor results, had pretty much my entire 2nd team against their 2nds so was pretty even ratings wise.

Pfft...
    I'm a league team :pac:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Pfft...
    I'm a league team :pac:

Believe it or not I was trying to be a league team aswell !! concentrating on league last year served me well and was why I put out 2nds! :)

Looking for a couple of friendlies tonight and Saturday if anybody is interested Auxerre in Div 4?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Looking for a couple of friendlies tonight and Saturday if anybody is interested Auxerre in Div 4?

Yeah, I;m up for it.

Won't be playing my first teamers though?

Seaneh wrote: »
    Yeah, I;m up for it.

Won't be playing my first teamers though?

I have sent the request will be playing my 1st team as want to try some substitution tactics and friendlies dont have any impact on player fitness so won't tire them out for our match on Thursday. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I have sent the request will be playing my 1st team as want to try some substitution tactics and friendlies dont have any impact on player fitness so won't tire them out for our match on Thursday. ;)

I just like giving the reserves a run out now and then.

Forza Juve! :cool:

Ronaldo isn't having a great season so far this year.

11 Games played.

5 Goals scored.

2 Assists.

7.45 Rating.

Not too happy with his performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

pepper180 wrote: »
    Ronaldo isn't having a great season so far this year.

11 Games played.

5 Goals scored.

2 Assists.

7.45 Rating.

Not too happy with his performance.
    Gotze schmlzer and cash for him ☺️

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »

image.png

MrMac84 wrote: »

Not being funny but Ronnie is 28, 4-5 peak years left in him and Gotze is right up there with some of the best young talent kicking a ball these days!!!!!!!!

Wouldnt dismiss that offhand for sure!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Schmelzer is only back up for Dortmund and would be back up for Madrid, Gotze rated 93. So if Real did that deal he'd be weakening his own team and strengthening his rival with the second best player in the game.

Makes no sense when you look at it logically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

David James steered SSC Napoli to victory against Schalke.
    SSC Napoli outclassed Schalke and beat them 5 - 1 in a thrilling Friendly encounter.
    Behrami scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Hamsik and Zuñiga were also amongst the goalscorers.

5 shots and 5 goals....Sorry Schalke...Ya were robbed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    David James steered SSC Napoli to victory against Schalke.
    SSC Napoli outclassed Schalke and beat them 5 - 1 in a thrilling Friendly encounter.
    Behrami scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Hamsik and Zuñiga were also amongst the goalscorers.

5 shots and 5 goals....Sorry Schalke...Ya were robbed

Ouch my pride:(:D

Schmelzer is only back up for Dortmund and would be back up for Madrid, Gotze rated 93. So if Real did that deal he'd be weakening his own team and strengthening his rival with the second best player in the game.

Makes no sense when you look at it logically.

Not sure if that's in reply to my comment as you didn't quote me.....

Logic? Hmmm, let's take that into consideration for a second and actually think it through..... Consider, players ages, 2 for 1, amount of cash (could become useful in years to come) domestic rivals for the league (Atheltico look as though they may well cause some serious waves in Spain this year) and not forgetting that Dortmund were finalists in the CL last year.....

Logically there is a lot more to consider that just player ratings.... Right now for sure Ronaldo is at the top of his game, but I don't know how much longer that will continue, the toys can fly out of the pram there very easily with him.... Suppose it all depends if your considering long term or right now..

Oh and also I only said it's not worth dismissing offhand, never said it was a good deal or anything as such, just an interesting one is all....

my cup team redeemed itself after getting beat 1-0 by Galaxy ...

Mr Freeze steered FC Porto to victory against Bayer Leverkusen.
    FC Porto beat Bayer Leverkusen 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Giuliano was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

my cup team redeemed itself after getting beat 1-0 by Galaxy ...

Mr Freeze steered FC Porto to victory against Bayer Leverkusen.
    FC Porto beat Bayer Leverkusen 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Giuliano was on the scoresheet for his side.

Ahem....... No embarrassment in being beat by the Galaxy

Ahem....... No embarrassment in being beat by the Galaxy

Never said there was (check back to my post after our game ;) )... but I always leave em in after a cup game to prove they are worth their place in the next cup game, if there is an next cup game :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Never said there was (check back to my post after our game ;) )... but I always leave em in after a cup game to prove they are worth their place in the next cup game, if there is an next cup game :rolleyes:

I didn't cop that I had a cup match hence my full strength team. Have to play a my weakened team Thursday to replenish the troops. So I will definitely be losing this week in the league! And just when we were turning a corner.:( Maybe I'll focus on the cup!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement