Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I didn't cop that I had a cup match hence my full strength team. Have to play a my weakened team Thursday to replenish the troops. So I will definitely be losing this week in the league! And just when we were turning a corner.:( Maybe I'll focus on the cup!

considering I'm playing you again in your next cup game ... I think your main focus needs to be to get back to D2! ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Even if he drops from "best player in the world", he's still got 8-10 seasons minimum that he's going to be one of the best players in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Even if he drops from "best player in the world", he's still got 8-10 seasons minimum that he's going to be one of the best players in the game.

Well that will never happen as its almost universally accepted that there is a best player in the world, in fact probably the best ever.............

Bendtner!

The offer for Ashley WILLIAMS of FC Basel from SS Lazio has been accepted along with other club offers. FC Basel will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Highest bidder!!!!!

Decent CB, few miles left on the clock and should really be a 90 considering he is a rock for the swans! Happy with that bit of business! Beat off some big clubs too!

I was wondering why there was suddenly a load of bids going in. Guessing yesterday was the first day bids could go in now the club has no manager.

Been after Williams for quite a while but my offers were never accepted :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Forgot all about the shield game on Tuesday night and I paid for it. Neymar injured and all of my players struggling for fitness

Am I better playing players rated 90-92 if they are struggling or should I go with 85-90 players who are at 100%?

Forgot all about the shield game on Tuesday night and I paid for it. Neymar injured and all of my players struggling for fitness

Am I better playing players rated 90-92 if they are struggling or should I go with 85-90 players who are at 100%?

It depends on what you want out of the league, im actually not too pushed about the league so im playing my 80s in the initial games after the cup games so my big players will be 100% much faster than if they came on as sub or something...

Basically sacrificing the game after the cup, but you may have different league ambitions so its hard to say without knowing what you realistically want from both league and cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

It depends on what you want out of the league, im actually not too pushed about the league so im playing my 80s in the initial games after the cup games so my big players will be 100% much faster than if they came on as sub or something...

Basically sacrificing the game after the cup, but you may have different league ambitions so its hard to say without knowing what you realistically want from both league and cup!

Out of both cups and in the relegation zone so I need points and lots of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

May aswell play your reserves and keep your player fresh for next game, gonna beat you anyway

Out of both cups and in the relegation zone so I need points and lots of them

In my view its too early in the season to go playing unfit players as it may end up costing you more than 1 or 2 games, id take the hit man and make getting your heavy hitters 100% a priority...

You never know, you may unearth a gem or two as well! Sometimes your 80s step up when needed, give em a chance!

• Advertisement

Ashley WILLIAMS has completed his move to SS Lazio from FC Basel for 15,200,000. All other offers were turned down.

Woo hoo!!! I think I need 1 more first team player now and maybe pack out the squad a tiny bit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Bordeaux
    FC Basel
    Olympiacos
    Braga

all free at the min all in division 4
    Any current game world manager's wana jump ship too one of these?

Ok Pepper. Beat you 3-0 last week in a friendly. See if history repeats itself :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Jiloan HAMAD has completed his move to Aston Villa from Malmö FF for 4,300,000 plus Derrick WILLIAMS

Gotta stop buying players. Have 38 players now but only one over 30

Thought it was rather nice of me to give Williams the night off to be a studio guest tonight on ITV.... Ha ha!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

teams are in the tunnel, no better time to belt out "Juve, Storia Di Un Grande Amore"

sing along now.....

Juve, storia di un grande amore
    Bianco che abbraccia il nero
    Coro che si alza davvero
    Juve per sempre sara'

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Aston Villa outclassed Fenerbahçe SK and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    N\'zogbia scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Benteke was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Good win with a few ahead of me losing

Another (non-winning-)non-loosing performance:

Mr Freeze earned a draw with FC Porto against AC Milan.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between FC Porto and AC Milan in their Division 1 fixture.
    Afellay was on the scoresheet for his side.

It's all about points on the board! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 SUNDERCATS

Naples 1-1 Sunderland.

napoli you sly dog,thats the first team i was beat in possession all season,now my victory against real on sunday will be all the less sweet!!!! FFS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

No win but breaking records and a goal disallowed.
    James Mcconville earned a draw with Celtic against Flamengo.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between Celtic and Flamengo in their Division 4 fixture.
    Seedorf scored the only goal for Celtic and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

genoa managers' gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Neil McDonald steered Spartak Moskva to victory against Valencia.

Spartak Moskva beat Valencia 4 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Saviola scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Reid and Larsson were also amongst the goalscorers.

Finally a win!

Simon Woodward steered Juventus to victory against Arsenal.
    Juventus outclassed Arsenal and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Chiellini scored a a cracker of a goal from distance and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Pirlo was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Giorgio+Chiellini+SS+Lazio+v+FC+Juventus+TIM+yDKyim9sgT5l.jpg

After their result against Arsenal, Juventus are now unbeaten in 9 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    genoa managers' gone

Could be wrong but though he was posting on here up to recently ... surely one of those GOLD managers who didnt renew in time and lost some teams?:confused:

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Could be wrong but though he was posting on here up to recently ... surely one of those GOLD managers who didnt renew in time and lost some teams?:confused:

he only had 2 clubs and he quit them both......

btw, I though I got drawn against LA Galaxy in both cup competitions but it seems I have Kyiv in the next cup game ... need new glasses I'd say!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 SUNDERCATS

swoody wrote: »

After their result against Arsenal, Juventus are now unbeaten in 9 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

NotHappy.gif

swoody wrote: »
    he only had 2 clubs and he quit them both......

:eek:

Maybe she who must be obeyed had a quite word :D

a highlight from my match

Buffon saves Cazorla's shot, then proceeds to........well :rolleyes:

IegEL8z.gif~original

• Advertisement

SS Lazio beat Bremen 3 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Jô had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Brady and Lulić were amongst the goalscorers.

Yeah I pretty much expected to loose tonight as I had a pretty weak team out...... Oh well, I'll take it!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement