Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Any sign of 'he whos name shall not be spoken.....'

Be very sad if he's actually gone.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Any sign of 'he whos name shall not be spoken.....'

Be very sad if he's actually gone.....

You can sign the 'thread of condolences' :P

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    You can sign the 'thread of condolences' :P

Never mind that, I think we need to add another vote onto the ballot today!

Nevermind the government and all their crap we want a national vote on SUNDERLANDER!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Chairman absolutely going mad with new contracts. Wouldn't mind except he only signs them for 1 season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Here, lads, is there any way to stop unmanaged clubs from selling players? I think it's a bit ridiculous that people are picking off the best players from the clubs whose managers have buggered off and leave the club with dross for the next manager, it will make it impossible to get people interested in taking clubs eventually.

I really think it's bad form.

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Chairman absolutely going mad with new contracts. Wouldn't mind except he only signs them for 1 season.

What club are you again?
    Still interested in that DMC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Seaneh wrote: »
    Here, lads, is there any way to stop unmanaged clubs from selling players? I think it's a bit ridiculous that people are picking off the best players from the clubs whose managers have buggered off and leave the club with dross for the next manager, it will make it impossible to get people interested in taking clubs eventually.

There's no rule against it..

Mr Blobby wrote: »

there is a 7days window where you cant buy players anyway ....

Has mac added Genoa to hist list of available yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

He didn't say there was. What he is saying is, the teams are being stripped of any half decent players and any potential risers, who's going to want to take them over when they're left with a bunch of 85s and a world where it normally costs an arm and a leg for decent players

I never said there was, I'm just saying that the teams are being raped of all their best players for a lot less than they are worth in this GW and left with ****e, and the managers who come in will lose interest very quickly.

Look at braga, nobody with any sense will touch them, they are broke, ****e and have no prospects, the are literally a lost cause in this GW.

• Advertisement

Eh thats all well and good......

But....

All these players WILL go back to whatever external clubs if the teams continue to be unmanaged.

You will notice Southampton have a bid in for one of their players so, any players brought in by previous managers WILL MORE THAN LIKELY BE GONE REGARDLESS......

So I shouldnt have bought Williams, he could go back to Swansea where its a free for all when his ban is up? Cause that makes loads of sense.....

I never said there was, I'm just saying that the teams are being raped of all their best players for a lot less than they are worth in this GW and left with ****e, and the managers who come in will lose interest very quickly.

Look at braga, nobody with any sense will touch them, they are broke, ****e and have no prospects, the are literally a lost cause in this GW.

If I dint love my FCP so much ... I'd have a crack at them but I said from day1 ...FCP 4ever!

Eh thats all well and good......

But....

All these players WILL go back to whatever external clubs if the teams continue to be unmanaged.

You will notice Southampton have a bid in for one of their players so, any players brought in by previous managers WILL MORE THAN LIKELY BE GONE REGARDLESS......

So I shouldnt have bought Williams, he could go back to Swansea where its a free for all when his ban is up? Cause that makes loads of sense.....

No, you shouldn't have bought Williams, there should be a way to stop unmanaged clubs from selling players, period, until they have a new manager.

And you paying feck all for him just so he doesn't go to swansea is a bollocks argument to be honest.

He didn't say there was. What he is saying is, the teams are being stripped of any half decent players and any potential risers, who's going to want to take them over when they're left with a bunch of 85s and a world where it normally costs an arm and a leg for decent players

Just wondering what your opinion is? Do you agree because my news feed says different!

Besides I dont think his point needed clarification, be interested in your opinion on the matter though, not in a starting **** way!

No, you shouldn't have bought Williams, there should be a way to stop unmanaged clubs from selling players, period, until they have a new manager.

And you paying feck all for him just so he doesn't go to swansea is a bollocks argument to be honest.

Firstly 15+ mil for a 89 28 year old not feck all imo.... its decent money...

Second, weather you like it or not, its the way it is, its not against rules and if you want something changed then get back in the que!!!!!!

Tough job getting something changed man. Better off to just accept its the way it is, and hey at least there is some transfer activity happening

And from the amount of bids in on these sort of players already, plenty to suggest some managers like this way

I was just clarifying his point. I made a bid because he's going to go to someone, I might as well be in for him.

It's a tricky one. My stance would be, a week is too short. It should be at least 2 or maybe even 3. It gives plenty of time to find another manager. Clubs being stripped of all assets means they will, in all likelyhood, never be managed again or swap managers as much as Chelsea IRL.

What is your opinion on the turnstile type system there will be at these clubs, in regards to managers, when they see the crap that they've been left with?

Firstly 15+ mil for a 89 28 year old not feck all imo.... its decent money...

Second, weather you like it or not, its the way it is, its not against rules and if you want something changed then get back in the que!!!!!!

Tough job getting something changed man. Better off to just accept its the way it is, and hey at least there is some transfer activity happening

And from the amount of bids in on these sort of players already, plenty to suggest some managers like this way

Like you accepted the reporting system... no wait.. that definitely wasn't you

I was just clarifying his point. I made a bid because he's going to go to someone, I might as well be in for him.

It's a tricky one. My stance would be, a week is too short. It should be at least 2 or maybe even 3. It gives plenty of time to find another manager. Clubs being stripped of all assets means they will, in all likelyhood, never be managed again or swap managers as much as Chelsea IRL.

What is your opinion on the turnstile type system there will be at these clubs, in regards to managers, when they see the crap that they've been left with?

Is it a tricky enough situation for you to withdrawn your bid though...

Not aimed at you personally but people need to come off the fence around here and state where they stand on stuff...

Again, not aimed at you

Like you accepted the reporting system... no wait.. that definitely wasn't you

Thats why I said that! You kind of proved my point! Ha ha!!!!!

I didnt accept it, I stood up and tried to get it changed and look how it turned out!!!!

Thats the EXACT point I was making!

Is it a tricky enough situation for you to withdrawn your bid though...

Not aimed at you personally but people need to come off the fence around here and state where they stand on stuff...

Again, not aimed at you

Why do people need to come off the fence? People are free to do what they want within the rules, like bidding on these players. That doesn't change my opinion that this will ruin those clubs

And for the sake of it, I will withdraw my bid ;)

• Advertisement

Thats why I said that! You kind of proved my point! Ha ha!!!!!

I didnt accept it, I stood up and tried to get it changed and look how it turned out!!!!

Thats the EXACT point I was making!

Whooossshhhh. That's your point going way over my head, no idea what you're talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

And for the sake of it, I will withdraw my bid ;)

What's the player? Ill bid instead :P

pepper180 wrote: »
    What's the player? Ill bid instead :P

Klose, great back up to your first team, bid high now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Klose, great back up to your first team, bid high now ;)

Done! 13.8M..

All for the love of the transfer market! ;)

Hope I get him.

Heskey and Klose..

THE ULTIMATE STRIKE FORCE!!

Ah cheapskate :D Tupac bid 15m or so

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I do agree it hurts the gameworld when teams get stripped like that. I get the arguement Tupac is running with, but it doesn't change the fact the teams are losing their best players at a value that's half of what they would have gone for had they been managed, and it makes the hard task of running small teams even harder :(

I do agree it hurts the gameworld when teams get stripped like that. I get the arguement Tupac is running with, but it doesn't change the fact the teams are losing their best players at a value that's half of what they would have gone for had they been managed, and it makes the hard task of running small teams even harder :(

Not being pedantic here, but im not 'running' with anything...

Im playing the game within the rules and will continue to do so until the rules alter to suit.... im not making ANY argument, ive stated what would have happened otherwise, im not justifying nor do I feel I need to justify buying Williams....

Its not wrong because the rules say so...

As regards my 'fence' comment, PPPP your right, people do have the right to sit on the fence on a subject matter, fair enough I concede that.

Ah cheapskate :D Tupac bid 15m or so

Way too rich for me!!!! I was trying to sneak him at 8!!!!!!

Ha ha!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

What the ****.....i've been removed from Bordeaux for no reason....

• Advertisement

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    What the ****.....i've been removed from Bordeaux for no reason....

Well Mac can't remove you so either you left by mistake or SM for some strange, unknown and never seen before, reason have removed you. I'd go with the former :D mail Mac and he'll put you back in charge

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement