Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Way too rich for me!!!! I was trying to sneak him at 8!!!!!!

Ha ha!!!!!

I don't believe that for a second, reverse psychology!! :D I removed my bid anyway ;)

@Sporting, on my phone, I'll have a chat with ya later/tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    What the ****.....i've been removed from Bordeaux for no reason....

Gold trial membership expire?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

What do people suppose we do about the bidding for players on teams with no manager?

We've already established a verbal "don't do it" won't work in this GW and can't be enforced so the only thing to do would be to extend the 7 days, if that's even possible.

What do people suppose we do about the bidding for players on teams with no manager?

We've already established a verbal "don't do it" won't work in this GW and can't be enforced so the only thing to do would be to extend the 7 days, if that's even possible.

14 days IMO would be perfect. That's if, like you said, it can be changed at all. On the verbal hands off, it worked at the start of the season, why not now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not being pedantic here, but im not 'running' with anything...

Im playing the game within the rules and will continue to do so until the rules alter to suit.... im not making ANY argument, ive stated what would have happened otherwise, im not justifying nor do I feel I need to justify buying Williams....

Its not wrong because the rules say so...

Semantics aside, I'm not saying what you're doing is "wrong", cause as you said, there's no rules there to stop it.

But just cause something isn't "wrong" doesn't mean it isn't going to make it difficult to lure players in long term. Nor does it change the fact the players are leaving for half what they would have if there had been a manager there.

14 days IMO would be perfect. That's if, like you said, it can be changed at all. On the verbal hands off, it worked at the start of the season, why not now?
    It didnt really, a sunderland player was bought when they were off limits

And mac had to keep asking managers to withdraw bids on playersfrom teams who's managers had been selected but had issues joining the first few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I don't believe that for a second, reverse psychology!! :D I removed my bid anyway ;)

No man deadly serious! Wayyy to rich for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Standard Liège are free

qkuYo5a.gif

No man deadly serious! Wayyy to rich for me!

is that why you switched to Rolando.....?

• Advertisement

Semantics aside, I'm not saying what you're doing is "wrong", cause as you said, there's no rules there to stop it.

But just cause something isn't "wrong" doesn't mean it isn't going to make it difficult to lure players in long term. Nor does it change the fact the players are leaving for half what they would have if there had been a manager there.

True, I agree... there is no avoiding the fact it does make things less attractive to potential managers, but again it goes back to the 7 day rule..... in all fairness Mac does a good job of advertising the vacancies and 7 days is apt time o fill them

swoody wrote: »
    is that why you switched to Rolando.....?

Hey thaks for that man! Sound!!!!

Que bids......

Hey thaks for that man! Sound!!!!

Que bids......

only here to help....cheers!

It is possible to turn it off completely...

only here to help....cheers!

Why don't ya start so?

Why don't ya start so?

i have....
    Standard Liège are free

qkuYo5a.gif

anyone there you wanna poach next friday....?

i have....

anyone there you wanna poach next friday....?

Nope, there safe..... for now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Slide Rule Pass

had a bid in for Helton but have withdrawn it now

True, I agree... there is no avoiding the fact it does make things less attractive to potential managers, but again it goes back to the 7 day rule..... in all fairness Mac does a good job of advertising the vacancies and 7 days is apt time o fill them

Before I start,I'm not picking on you, you just happen to post things I disagree with :D

It obviously isn't apt time when the positions aren't filled. He does a great job but if there was two weeks he'd have a better chance of filling them and the New manager would be left with, hopefully, some decent players

had a bid in for Helton but have withdrawn it now

Fairplay to ya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Slide Rule Pass

Fairplay to ya

ill struggle on.... but Rangers will rise like a phoenix from the ashes "eventually"

I just noticed PPPP is a mod ... Sure Sunderfella never had a chance :p

Who?

<.<
    >.>

Before I start,I'm not picking on you, you just happen to post things I disagree with :D

It obviously isn't apt time when the positions aren't filled. He does a great job but if there was two weeks he'd have a better chance of filling them and the New manager would be left with, hopefully, some decent players

He he....

Things such as 'the rules' hey why dont ya try get em changed!!!!

Be good to do a little role reversal! Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I have money. Sort of.

I want a top class keeper.

I'm tired of searching externals for now - anyone offer an easy way out? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

On the not raiding external clubs. Take Ashley Williams for example if we had a rule in place too prevent deals then he would have transferred back too Swansea any way so that rule won't work IMO. On lostfan just pm me and re apply ill put you back in no probs.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    On the not raiding external clubs. Take Ashley Williams for example if we had a rule in place too prevent deals then he would have transferred back too Swansea any way so that rule won't work IMO. On lostfan just pm me and re apply ill put you back in no probs.

lostfan should apply for Olympiacos.......

MrMac84 wrote: »

Seaneh, you said it was 'bollox' that I used this as an excuse......

There you have it from the gameworld owner himself.... Williams would have left REGARDLESS, now what do you make of Mac's response?

Bollox?

Is there a set time/reason a player leaves for his original/real life team?

• Advertisement

Ki heading back to Swansea unless someone forks out 9.5M to out bid them. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement