Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

why is no one interested in Genoa...? (and i don't mean raiding)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Is there a set time/reason a player leaves for his original/real life team?

From unmanaged?

Their RL clubs will just bid for them once they are available, see Ki for example.... Adam Llanna too, sorry bout the spelling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

someone called llanna

078af635f84195aebbe1b915b2cef9e2.png

https://twitter.com/Llanna_Llamia :pac:

it's Lallana btw :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

From unmanaged?

Their RL clubs will just bid for them once they are available, see Ki for example.... Adam Llanna too, sorry bout the spelling
    Ki is transfer listed so it might have taken them longer to bid, I suppose I didn't like Celtic wasting 8 million on lustig before I took over but the computer screwing you is easier to take then people in the game world.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Adam Llama too, sorry bout the spelling

Hipster-llama-l.jpg

:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Long day at work and could not be arsed looking up the correct spelling.... But if it provides some entertainment then plough on!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Long day at work and could not be arsed looking up the correct spelling.... But if it provides some entertainment then plough on!!!

I do think pepper's google is broken tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I do think pepper's google is broken tho!

2a4dc-592.jpg

I swear lads, its not! ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Ireland to victory against Sweden.
    Ireland beat Sweden 3 - 0 in their SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 4 fixture.
    Gibson scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Hoolahan and Long were also amongst the goalscorers.

Superb. Utter domination if I do say so myself!! Away from home too!

Give me the real job!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Is there a set time/reason a player leaves for his original/real life team?

continuity/realism is the reason

they always find their way back to their real life club if they're external - like homing pigeons :pac:

i agree with Tupac on this, what's the point in not letting everyone else bid when their own club will buy them anyway + tupac offered more than what swansea would've.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

batistuta9 wrote: »
    continuity/realism is the reason

they always find their way back to their real life club if they're external - like homing pigeons :pac:

i agree with Tupac on this, what's the point in not letting everyone else bid when their own club will buy them anyway + tupac offered more than what swansea would've.

When I said reason I mean is there a time or circumstance that makes the original club bid or is it just random.

I'm not saying they should stay at the club indefinitely, I'm saying it should be longer than a week if possible, trying to preserve the team and leave them in a suitable state for the next manager would be the objective.

The main point, first by Seanh and then myself, was that these teams will be stripped of all talent and the incoming manager has nothing, gets bored and leaves after 3 weeks of getting smashed 5-0 every match. You might say, ah but he'll have money from the transfers... As we all know, it's hard enough to get 87/88s never mind 89/90+ players even with decent money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

When I said reason I mean is there a time or circumstance that makes the original club bid or is it just random.

I'm not saying they should stay at the club indefinitely, I'm saying it should be longer than a week if possible, trying to preserve the team and leave them in a suitable state for the next manager would be the objective.

The main point, first by Seanh and then myself, was that these teams will be stripped of all talent and the incoming manager has nothing, gets bored and leaves after 3 weeks of getting smashed 5-0 every match. You might say, ah but he'll have money from the transfers... As we all know, it's hard enough to get 87/88s never mind 89/90+ players even with decent money

a bit of both i think
    from seeing something similar in another GW, that this situation (manager leaving) seems to trigger it.

it also happens when e.g you buy a player from external club A, later sell to external club B. after a while or when the transfer ban is up he'll move from B back to A

at times during the season, an external club will bid on the player you've bought off them even when he's not transfer listed, this sometimes happens sometimes not
    it appears to be random but it used to happen just before or after player ratings were done - player ratings used to be done in an ordered fashion, you could see what leagues were being reviewed but they've stopped that & players are changed at any time

so they always try to get them back there, the when & how is dependant just

a week is the length in normal GWs as well, i've no idea if that can be changed in a custom setup

i know what you & Seanh are saying and there's something in it but what Tupac said makes even more sense, what's the point in stopping boards managers signing them if you can't stop the AI from doing it?

now the AI will only sign their own players, so maybe you could let them be on limits and put the players signed from internal clubs off limits but would that not be even more difficult to police?

the AI will bid what he's worth to them so a boards manager would have to outbid that, so the new manager would have less money if you just let the AI buy them

and do you let the team who sold the player in the first place buy them back, like externals can?
    and what about players like Libor Kozak? tupac sold him to an external (ath. minero) & liege bought him from them, his real life club is villa and minero won't buy him back, so while he came from an external he isn't one of their players so is he on or off limits?

Cheers for the detailed reply :)

I thought it was obvious that this would be dependant on AI not being able to bid, hence me asking the circumstances AI bid and if the week can be changed. I'm not saying AI should be allowed and we shouldn't. I'm saying no one should be allowed, for say 2 weeks, if that's possible. If not then fair enough

Ok,

here's my thoughts on the latest discussion:
    • External Parent clubs would buy the players back anyway
    • No diff from the previous mgr selling players as part of a squad rebuild
    • Real mgrs would have to outbid externals (and other real mgrs) so the club will get (slightly) more money

On the other hand, there seems to be a consensus that if we could have a 2 week exclusion period on managers-less clubs it would be fairer to any future manager.

So maybe mac could check if it is possible to change the 1 week to2 weeks in a custom GW ... otherwise ... it's as you were.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Ok,

here's my thoughts on the latest discussion:
    • External Parent clubs would buy the players back anyway
    • No diff from the previous mgr selling players as part of a squad rebuild
    • Real mgrs would have to outbid externals (and other real mgrs) so the club will get (slightly) more money

On the other hand, there seems to be a consensus that if we could have a 2 week exclusion period on managers-less clubs it would be fairer to any future manager.

So maybe mac could check if it is possible to change the 1 week to2 weeks in a custom GW ... otherwise ... it's as you were.

Sounds fair enough to me.

To make the point again, I don't want to see externals getting the players either, I just think, for the sake of future managers, the time before bidding should be more than one week. It gives Mac a bit more time to fill the vacancy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Sounds fair enough to me.

To make the point again, I don't want to see externals getting the players either, I just think, for the sake of future managers, the time before bidding should be more than one week. It gives Mac a bit more time to fill the vacancy

This x 1000000000000000000

Seaneh, you said it was 'bollox' that I used this as an excuse......

There you have it from the gameworld owner himself.... Williams would have left REGARDLESS, now what do you make of Mac's response?

Bollox?

Ahem....

Ahem....

Probably has you on Ignore, understandably.

:pac:

I kid, I kid :D

The deal reported to be worth 17,000,000 involving Miroslav KLOSE of Olympiacos and Ajax has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Olympiacos will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

Like I said PPPP, wayyyyy out of my players ice range.... all in all a good deal for both clubs IMO, and some transfer activity.....

Not all doom and gloom so eh? I suppose its another manager to be persecuted for his god for saken actions taking some of the heat off me.... win win in my book

Probably has you on Ignore, understandably.

:pac:

I kid, I kid :D

Wouldnt point it out to him by any chance? Wow there is an ignore! Gotta use that!!!

• Advertisement

Not at all, fair play to him

I really think you're taking this too personally, why, I have no idea. It's not the managers I have a problem with, it's the system and that's what the debate is over. The system of one week being enough time or, in my opinion, not enough time.

Not everything has to be black and white, right and wrong.

Ok, here's a question for everyone.

Would you have a problem with the time frame of bidding on unmanaged clubs being changed from 1 week to 2 weeks, if also the AI are also restricted to 2 weeks.

Meaning no one, from any club, AI or not, can bid on a player until 2 week's after a manager leaves a club

As a side note, we don't even know if Mac cab do it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Ok, here's a question for everyone.
    Would you have a problem with the time frame of bidding on unmanaged clubs being changed from 1 week to 2 weeks, if also the AI are also restricted to 2 weeks.
    Meaning no one, from any club, AI or not, can bid on a player until 2 week's after a manager leaves a club

If it can be done, I'd agree with this in the interests of giving incoming managers the best possible chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ill have a look later but don't think so.
    Again I don't think that there is any way too stop the AI clubs bidding or way/system as too when they bid. So I actually prefer that players move from unmanaged clubs too managed as the managed will normally end up in an auction against other managed clubs in turn mean selling club get more money. If selling club sold too players "real club" they'd get the bare minimum!

Not at all, fair play to him

I really think you're taking this too personally, why, I have no idea. It's not the managers I have a problem with, it's the system and that's what the debate is over. The system of one week being enough time or, in my opinion, not enough time.

Not everything has to be black and white, right and wrong.

Not taking it personal at all? I asked the man did he think it was wrong I bought Williams and he said I should have not and the excuse I was using was (his words) bollox.... yet the gsme world owner comes on says pretty much exactly the same as me and nothing?

Was just interested to know if he thought Mac's answer was bollox too is all?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ill have a look later but don't think so.
    Again I don't think that there is any way too stop the AI clubs bidding or way/system as too when they bid. So I actually prefer that players move from unmanaged clubs too managed as the managed will normally end up in an auction against other managed clubs in turn mean selling club get more money. If selling club sold too players "real club" they'd get the bare minimum!

Again Mac, as I've said a few times. I don't think the AI team should get them instead of a managed club, I just think that 1 week is too short. We now have about 5 clubs that'll be stripped of all assets soon and become pretty much unmanageable.

Not all doom and gloom so eh? I suppose its another manager to be persecuted for his god for saken actions taking some of the heat off me.... win win in my book

Sounds like you're taking it personal to me, but whatever. I stand by my point that 2 week's would be better than 1, if the AI can be set the same.

Come to think of it, I can't see any logical reason for someone to disagree with that?!

I think anything (within our control that) we can do to make our (mac's)GW attractive to wannabe joiners should be done.

That doesnt mean I want squad quota(no settings/not controllable), or transfer monitoring turned off(because I dont think this would improve the GW but thats an old debate) or ...

But I think this is a logical thing to do(if mac is able to change the setting that is) ... if there is no manager in place after 14days, then the squad is fair game ... but it just give a bit more time for (potential) managers to realise there are vacancies

Sounds like you're taking it personal to me, but whatever. I stand by my point that 2 week's would be better than 1, if the AI can be set the same.

Come to think of it, I can't see any logical reason for someone to disagree with that?!

Like I said, my transfer was used as THE example on this subject matter.... I just stated that kow that more than 1 manager has done this the blame or or accusations or whatever can be shared amongst us... great!

I'm sure you dont really care for my view on the 7 day rule, I think its a waste of time, 7 days 14 days, a month... a the one, its not the crux of the matter anyway. The real question I s is it morally ok (not right, ok) to buy from unmanaged.. answer for me is yes all day long.

On a personal note though, whatever as a reply to an explaiontion of actions is lacking thought or or effort/conviction imo (especially for a mod)

• Advertisement

Like I said, my transfer was used as THE example on this subject matter.... I just stated that kow that more than 1 manager has done this the blame or or accusations or whatever can be shared amongst us... great!

I'm sure you dont really care for my view on the 7 day rule, I think its a waste of time, 7 days 14 days, a month... a the one, its not the crux of the matter anyway. The real question I s is it morally ok (not right, ok) to buy from unmanaged.. answer for me is yes all day long.

On a personal note though, whatever as a reply to an explaiontion of actions is lacking thought or or effort/conviction imo (especially for a mod)

I'm not a mod here, I'm the same as you or any other regular poster in this forum or any other forum that I don't mod.

That's your question and you're entitled to it, morality isn't my issue. My issue is giving Mac a better chance to fill a vacancy and give the next manager the best chance possible and from that, give the GW the best chance possible at sustaining the competition that's in place at the moment

Again, I see no logical argument or reason why the timeframe should not be 14 day's instead of 7, if possible. I can only see good come from it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement