Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

No, you wont address it cause ive asked you a number of times to clarify and you simply.cant....

I've made it crystal clear.

Your argument is bollocks because it completely missed the point I was making.

I never said players should be allowed to join external clubs but not clubs from the game world, you projected that hypothetical because you managed to somehow see my original post as having a go at you, which it never was.

I never said we should stop transfers from unmanaged to managed clubs but allow external clubs, I said unmanaged clubs should be frozen, completely, to preserve them.

So in that context, your argument is bollocks.

Now, digest it, and argue the point I was actually making, or move on and get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Seaneh wrote: »
    I've made it crystal clear.

Your argument is bollocks because it completely missed the point I was making.

I never said players should be allowed to join external clubs but not clubs from the game world, you projected that hypothetical because you managed to somehow see my original post as having a go at you, which it never was.

I never said we should stop transfers from unmanaged to managed clubs but allow external clubs, I said unmanaged clubs should be frozen, completely, to preserve them.

So in that context, your argument is bollocks.

Now, digest it, and argue the point I was actually making, or move on and get over it.

Ok....

For the last time....

Dont avoid the question this time as its the third time AT LEAST ive asked you...

Its a direct question JUST give me a direct answer...

This argument I used..... what is it? Just that **** all else plz....

Once again..... JUST THAT

Ok....

For the last time....

Dont avoid the question this time as its the third time AT LEAST ive asked you...

Its a direct question JUST give me a direct answer...

This argument I used..... what is it? Just that **** all else plz....

Once again..... JUST THAT

Your argument was "sure they will just join external clubs, so we might as well sign them, and we're giving more than the external clubs"

My point was "unmanaged clubs shouldn't be able to sell players until a new manager is found".

So, your argument was a moot point, thus, your argument, which I've just outlined, was bollocks, as it misses the point entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Digitalism wrote: »
    Lads this is a trivial internet game... stop taking it so seriously.

I joined the waiting list for this, but never did join as its clear some people take this game far too seriously for it to be fun and it was off putting to me as a newcomer.

Join up, prove us all wrong ;)

Your argument was "sure they will just join external clubs, so we might as well sign them, and we're giving more than the external clubs"

My point was "unmanaged clubs shouldn't be able to sell players until a new manager is found".

So, your argument was a moot point, thus, your argument, which I've just outlined, was bollocks, as it misses the point entirely.

Now you see this here is the problem.....

I knew you didnt get it.

Ye (NOT ME FOR ONE SECOND) were discussing should we change the rules on this, I said repeatedly I dont care what ye do on this....

My response quoted above is JUSTIFICATION for my actions that I applied the rules of the game as it stands to a transfer, not a bloody argument on the rules and regulations which I dont give a flying for in this instance....

I justified my position and you took it as bollox which is is inappropriate as they werw conducted within current game rules...

• Advertisement

Digitalism wrote: »
    Lads this is a trivial internet game... stop taking it so seriously.

I joined the waiting list for this, but never did join as its clear some people take this game far too seriously for it to be fun and it was off putting to me as a newcomer.

join up, take olympiacos in D2, they have a half decent club and should have some cash.

Genoa in d4 are good too.

Give it a lash, it's easy to ignore most of the ****e.

Now you see this here is the problem.....

I knew you didnt get it.

Ye (NOT ME FOR ONE SECOND) were discussing should we change the rules on this, I said repeatedly I dont care what ye do on this....

My response quoted above is JUSTIFICATION for my actions that I applied the rules of the game as it stands to a transfer, not a bloody argument on the rules and regulations which I dont give a flying for in this instance....

I justified my position and you took it as bollox which is is inappropriate as they werw conducted within current game rules...

You're not getting this are you?

I was discussing my idea, I didn't mention any transfers that had happened in the past, you imposed your deal as part of a discussion and have managed to drag this ****e over several pages.

You said "should I not have signed Williams to stop him going to Swansea" as if I was suggesting him going to Swansea was better, or I thought external clubs signing players was fine. I said asset stripping unmanaged clubs is bad form as it hurts the game world in the long run, because it does. Look at braga, who is going to stick with them now, nobody, they have a **** squad and even if they had 50m in the bank they won't be able to sign players to compete.

That's why it's a bollocks argument, because it completely missed what I was suggesting.

Get over it lad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Asking Tupac to move on from an argument,oh you're in trouble now

:pac:

You're not well in the head.

I was discussing my idea, I didn't mention any transfers that had happened in the past, you imposed your deal as part of a discussion and have managed to drag this ****e over several pages.

You said "should I not have signed Williams to stop him going to Swansea" as if I was suggesting him going to Swansea was better, or I thought external clubs signing players was fine. I said asset stripping unmanaged clubs is bad form as it hurts the game world in the long run, because it does. Look at braga, who is going to stick with them now, nobody, they have a **** squad and even if they had 50m in the bank they won't be able to sign players to compete.

That's why it's a bollocks argument, because it completely missed what I was suggesting.

Get over it lad.

Jesus man your doing it again, ive.said loads of times I dont care if its morally correct yet you seem to bring it up constantly, why? Ive already told you, get it changed if you want I DONT CARE!!!!!!!

You brought up asset stripping right after I signed williams (the first transfer of its kind as far as I know...) you didnt just pluck the sunject matter out of the air...

Hence me JUSTIFYING my actions.....

You seem to think I dont understand what will/wont happen regards unmanaged clubs, I stress again, I understand but I dont care, unmanaged clubs are not my concern, ive my own squad to build....

Which I did, within game rules, you dont believe that to be right or ethical....

Sounds like you need to get over it, not me

Oh yeah, one more....

Saying 'im not right in the head' could be construed as a personal insult, I'd refrain, not back seat modding just offering friendly advice...

Lay off the personal insults

• Advertisement

I never mentioned Ashley ****ing Williams, I didn't even know you had ****ing signed him.

SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT ASHLEY WILLIAMS.

I brought it up because there were umpteen bids by umpteen clubs on the better players at unmanaged clubs.

Now, move the **** on and stop trying to justify something nobody ****ing ever mentioned besides you!

unmanaged clubs turing to ****e damages the game world and makes it harder to attract new managers, eventually there will be more and more **** clubs nobody wants, so, in the long run, it concerns everyone in the game world because we will end up with an 80 team game with with **** all managers.

I never mentioned Ashley ****ing Williams, I didn't even know you had ****ing signed him.

SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT ASHLEY WILLIAMS.

I brought it up because there were umpteen bids by umpteen clubs on the better players at unmanaged clubs.

Now, move the **** on and stop trying to justify something nobody ****ing ever mentioned besides you!

unmanaged clubs turing to ****e damages the game world and makes it harder to attract new managers, eventually there will be more and more **** clubs nobody wants, so, in the long run, it concerns everyone in the game world because we will end up with an 80 team game with with **** all managers.

See the last paragraph there... thats your problem man...

Ive told you lots of times, I understand that, I just dont care about it....

God you've an awful potty mouth....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

SHUT THE F**K UP!!!

Do you actually realise that some of us have a match tonight... Priorities people

(friendly match that is)

Anyone want a friendly tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Lads & Lassies,,

I'd prefer if you all just STOP BITCHING, COMPLAINING and HAVING A GO and anyone that has a different opinion to you!.

Let bygones be bygones and continue the fun this game brings (If any at this stage).

If you have a problem THAT CAN BE FIXED, voice it then over this.

If it can't be fixed I suggest you all leave it out because as much as you all complain, nothing will change!

Oh and by the way,

I'm the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Lads, it's a discussion site. Me and Tupac were discussing and debating a point, that's the point of boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Lads, it's a discussion site. Me and Tupac were discussing and debating a point, that's the point of boards

That isn't a discussion anymore..

*get's ready for internet argument*

Not having a go at you but THE FOLLOWING is not a discussion or a debate and it shouldn't be on this thread.

"I never mentioned Ashley ****ing Williams, I didn't even know you had ****ing signed him."

"SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT ASHLEY WILLIAMS."

"Now, move the **** on and stop trying to justify something nobody ****ing ever mentioned besides you!"

I dont care that the words are 'starred' out. There is no need for any member to start getting heated at another member (unless sexual).
    I'm just using this post as example but there has been more over the past 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

pepper180 wrote: »
    Lads & Lassies,,

I'd prefer if you all just STOP BITCHING, COMPLAINING and HAVING A GO and anyone that has a different opinion to you!.

Let bygones be bygones and continue the fun this game brings (If any at this stage).

If you have a problem THAT CAN BE FIXED, voice it then over this.

If it can't be fixed I suggest you all leave it out because as much as you all complain, nothing will change!

Oh and by the way,

I'm the best.
    Spoof

Mostly we disagree on things but we tend to refrain from personal insults...

I like to discuss matters but yeah there does come a point where personal insults and repeated foul language is a bit much..... even for me!!!!!

• Advertisement

Not having a go at you but THE FOLLOWING is not a discussion or a debate and it shouldn't be on this thread.

"I never mentioned Ashley ****ing Williams, I didn't even know you had ****ing signed him."

"SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT ASHLEY WILLIAMS."

"Now, move the **** on and stop trying to justify something nobody ****ing ever mentioned besides you!"

I dont care that the words are 'starred' out. There is no need for any member to start getting heated at another member (unless sexual).
    I'm just using this post as example but there has been more over the past 2 days.

Because nobody swears in everyday conversation in Ireland.
    It's a disgrace Joe, what about the children Joe.

Because nobody swears in everyday conversation in Ireland.

Nothing wrong with swearing. But at someone (on boards) it isn't allowed.

From experience from getting banned for a week for calling people 'bitches' and 'starring' out words.
    I know certainly other words aren't allowed. :)

Nothing wrong with swearing. But at someone (on boards) it isn't allowed.

From experience from getting banned for a week for calling people 'bitches' and 'starring' out words.
    I know certainly other words aren't allowed. :)

But I didn't call anyone a bitch or any swear word, I used swear words (fu*k) as punctuation and one (sh!t) as an adjective, as is regular in Irish conversations.

Slightly different than your reason for being banned.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Meanwhile...

The offer for Roman ZOZULYA of Dnipro from Tottenham Hotspur has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The Ukranian Wayne Rooney :P Wanted a lower level back up striker so picked him up cheap from an external.

Meanwhile...

The offer for Roman ZOZULYA of Dnipro from Tottenham Hotspur has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The Ukranian Wayne Rooney :P Wanted a lower level back up striker so picked him up cheap from an external.

Gives you cover in a few positions, good signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

would a transfer window stop externals buying player back does anyone know?

But I didn't call anyone a bitch or any swear word, I used swear words (fu*k) as punctuation and one (sh!t) as an adjective, as is regular in Irish conversations.

Slightly different than your reason for being banned.

Telling someone to "SHUT THE **** UP" will be picked up on so I was just warning you before a mod does. You should be thanking me.

Just realised I have Sunderland in the cup on Tuesday.
    Might have to play the first team!

Telling someone to "SHUT THE **** UP" will be picked up on so I was just warning you before a mod does. You should be thanking me.

I reckon I have a grip on the rules mate, I've been here long enough.

If I get an infraction, so be it, but sometimes talking to him is like banging your head off a brick wall.

• Advertisement

Just realised I have Sunderland in the cup on Tuesday.
    Might have to play the first team!

Don't bother playing your 1st team... its only the Sunderland manager.. :pac: We all know what he is like :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement