Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

swoody wrote: »
    i just feel that the big teams in D1 aren't doing enough selling to keep smaller clubs interested.

Is that you included?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

pepper180 wrote: »
    Is that you included?

sure does, i sold loads last season and will do the same this season.

sure does, i sold loads last season and will do the same this season.

Ok cool, I will too! And do you sell to people in DIV1 as well or just DIV 2,3 and 4?

My only Problem is.. The only players that people would want from me is my cup team :confused: So I honestly don't know who to be selling!

Ok cool, I will too! And do you sell to people in DIV1 as well or just DIV 2,3 and 4?

My only Problem is.. The only players that people would want from me is my cup team :confused: So I honestly don't know who to be selling!

sold Lichtsteiner to Sunderland but someone reported it, so i sold him to Kyiv.
    swapped Barzagli and Giovinco for Sanchez....yeah i'll sell to D1 clubs.

are they over 89? if so wtf are they doing playing in cups? (unless it's SMFA cups) players with that rating need to be playing 1st team football (except keepers as they don't get sent off,injured or lose 30% condition so can play every second day)

are they over 89? if so wtf are they doing playing in cups? (unless it's SMFA cups) players with that rating need to be playing 1st team football (except keepers as they don't get sent off,injured or lose 30% condition so can play every second day)

I have one 89 that plays in the cups(Not SMFA), the rest are 88 and lower! :o

Kind of in a lose,lose situation, nobody would buy 85rated players to strengthen their team! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'll buy that 89 off ya pepper, good lad.

Even the 88's would me a massive signing for some of the clubs in d4 though, tbh.

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'll buy that 89 off ya pepper, good lad.

Even the 88's would me a massive signing for some of the clubs in d4 though, tbh.

But he is for cups and a sub :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My cup teams tend to be a mix of 85s-90s. Bale tends to be in most of my cup squads.

Last season, I reckon that cup runs gave me more money than the league. Winning the two cups probably put me up a few million. So I do have 11 players who are "cup" players but often I'll only play 6 of them and 5 of my first teamers. :)

I have one 89 that plays in the cups(Not SMFA), the rest are 88 and lower! :o

Kind of in a lose,lose situation, nobody would buy 85rated players to strengthen their team! :confused:

i've bought worse then 85 and they are now 86 or higher and are in my cup team or bench, if they get to 88/89 i sell a starter and play them. like what i'm going now.....

My cup teams tend to be a mix of 85s-90s. Bale tends to be in most of my cup squads.

Last season, I reckon that cup runs gave me more money than the league. Winning the two cups probably put me up a few million. So I do have 11 players who are "cup" players but often I'll only play 6 of them and 5 of my first teamers. :)

hows that working out for ya this season in the league...... :pac:

• Advertisement

hows that working out for ya this season in the league...... :pac:

Wish I could blame that on fitness and weak teams :(

But he is for cups and a sub :o

I'll give you an 88 to replace him, don't worry, you won't be left wanting.

I improve my first team and you still have decent backup.

Win win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Eh i dunno was unable to prevent a Aston Villa defeat to Schalke.
    Aston Villa slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Schalke in their Division 2 fixture.

No shock when i only have one player 90 or above and Schalke have 6

Again, not happy with this result.

Malaga move 2 ahead of me and Panathanikos are only 3 behind in 3rd place.
    The stats show I was on top for much of the game had less shots, I need to figure this out soon.
    Competition Message
    Seaneh earned a draw with Sporting CP against Celtic.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Sporting CP and Celtic in their Division 4 fixture.

Capel and Matri were amongst the goalscorers.

After their result against Celtic, Sporting CP are now unbeaten in 13 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

2vmhwf5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

SS Lazio beat FC Twente 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Lennon scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Firmino was also on the scoresheet for his side

I like attacking football!!!! Happy for Lennon on his Debut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

:D

Juve's mind-games didnt work!

Mr Freeze steered FC Porto to victory against West Bromwich Albion.
    FC Porto beat West Bromwich Albion 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Pjanić scored the winner for FC Porto and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Lovely set of results at the top of D4 with Sporting and Malaga both dropping points. Beating Munich in the Cup and scoring six in the league.... Not a bad week!

Again, not happy with this result.

Malaga move 2 ahead of me and Panathanikos are only 3 behind in 3rd place.

Cheer up. Malaga lost so you're top, they're second and I'm three back in third.

Malaga have a very tough game on Sunday too.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Cheer up. Malaga lost so you're top, they're second and I'm three back in third.

Malaga have a very tough game on Sunday too.

Ha, I read the malaga result as them winning somehow!

Still, If I'd won I'd still be 5 ahead of you and I'd be 3 ahead of Malaga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Oh what the fúck

I'm not logging back in to this game until Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

It was Celtic who dropped the points, I should have won but Forster wasn't to good.

Dave Shadow earned a draw with Tottenham Hotspur against Newcastle United.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United in their Division 1 fixture.
    Honda was on the scoresheet for his side.

**** it, I'll take a point, especially when I had a defender sent off :P

And if I'd won on Sunday, as I should have done, I'd be one behind you. It didn't happen.

You're still top (for a week :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Sean O'Mara steered Schalke to victory against Aston Villa.
    Schalke outclassed Aston Villa and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Cesar had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Neustädter and Kaká were amongst the goalscorers.

Back to winning ways after two losses on the bounce.

JamboMac wrote: »
    It was Celtic who dropped the points, I should have won but Forster wasn't to good.

Pfft, I was playing keep-away with the ball in the middle park but couldn't break you down, still managed 11 corners.

more possession and only one less shot on target, seems you were restricted to long shots and counter attacks for most of the game.

One lucky free-kick and one long ball up to ADP, typical Celtic smash and grab draw against a more talented side.

Porto in a couple of games the most highly rated teams in the league gonna be a tough one, roll on chivas this Sunday gonna have to get a win here with the top being so tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

wolfsberg 1-1 inter, not too bad a result seeing as I had too play mainly 2nd team due to the fact I had forgotten about the cup match with Lazio, still in bottom 3 but have more confidence inter will rise ( slowly ) up the league ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

You can have your friendly victory Estudiantes!
    The three points for tonights league game keep me in second spot.

Also, they're packing them in - supporters must be sitting on the roof, I've a capacity of 19,320, and an average attendance of 22,520.
    Crazy dutch bastards!

:D

186024.jpg

*may not be an actual picture of AZ Stadion. :)

Pfft, I was playing keep-away with the ball in the middle park but couldn't break you down, still managed 11 corners.

more possession and only one less shot on target, seems you were restricted to long shots and counter attacks for most of the game.

One lucky free-kick and one long ball up to ADP, typical Celtic smash and grab draw against a more talented side.
    I don't play long ball all your goals where long balls and all your players left with a 6 rating except for 3 possession isn't much use with no outcome you got lucky and the reliance on matri will be your downfall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Got a good hiding off Zenit 1-4, though I had more shots and shots on target. Fair play though. Still struggling after being promoted and I'm well and truely in a fight for survival!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement