Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Al Capwned wrote: »
    The trouble is though, that is exactly what it is....
    _____

Anyway moving on, I'm 9th with a D4 team - kinda chuffed with that.

I forget...

Why is that again exactly??? I still think people miss the concept of new players being constantly added to the gameworld, they are relatively cheap and there are enough to go round? There are also external players which are easy targets to land....

After all this is a managment game, how would some like it played if you cant add youth/new players to the squad?

So to put it another way...

"To have say 200 players in your squad is unfair on the rest of the teams because........."

Finish that above plz....

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    ok, so Frank Lampard is on the TL, his face value is 9m and he is rated 93 while being 35 yrs old.

I offered Esteban Granero valued 7.7m, rated 89 and is 26yrs old +5m.

may be a little cheeky but I didnt think it was very cheeky ...

The counter ...

0k + Matthias GINTER(19yr-86r-6m + Stevan JOVETIĆ(23yr-91r-15m) :eek:

why list the player if the negotiations are going to go like that?

Can you not send a PM instead of posting here? Granero has little hope of ever rising past 89. Lampard is 93 rated. Even if he goes to 92 this season .. that is a 92 rated player in the boards league for possibly two seasons.

I wish SM would get rid of the "insulted" response and insert "are you have a laugh".

It is getting tiresome having to reject comedy offers all the time (not solely directed at Porto) for players. Granero and useless money for a 93 rated player .. sorry but it is bordering insulting.

I bid for an 89 rated CB yesterday with Obi Mikel yesterday but it was rejected. This CB may or may not be a future 91+ .. but young enough still to fail. Mikel is 91. The manager is gambling that this player will be 94 rated in the future .. which is possible. That is the sort of transfer negotiations I would be interested in.

Another manager keeps offering me money for one of my players even though I have stated player exchange only to him a few times. His response is to post incremental increases to his bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Daniele DE ROSSI has completed his move to Newcastle United from Schalke for 1,300,000 plus Hatem BEN ARFA and Moussa SISSOKO:D:D:D

Delighted with that

Daniele DE ROSSI has completed his move to Newcastle United from Schalke for 1,300,000 plus Hatem BEN ARFA and Moussa SISSOKO:D:D:D

Delighted with that

Eh you may not end up being that delighted if one od the big clusmbs come in for Ben Arfa!!!! Also apparently De Rossi has been muck for Roma for 2 seasons now!!!!! Although he has played well for Italy....

That one could go either way IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

So to put it another way...

"To have say 200 players in your squad is unfair on the rest of the teams because........."

Finish that above plz....

Not starting this again tbh..

• Advertisement

Not starting this again tbh..

Why make the comment about the squad size of 100 being a joke so?

Why make the comment about the squad size of 100 being a joke so?

Because it was a direct reply, as you know, to this comment by your good self.
    100% agree with you, a squad of 100 is totally mental......
    Should be aiming for at least double that ;)
    No joke

Which in turn was a reply to my initial post regarding the cost of buying players.
    I've a squad of 23 players, i have to sell to buy.
    Seen a squad size of over 100 players yesterday - not wanting to drag up an old debate, but that's just mental.

You'll also find that I said that I am not going to get into another debate on the subject that has been done to death in the previous thread.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Can someone point me to information about SoccerManager.com? How it works, how it's different to fantasy football?

Finding it oddly difficult to understand what the game actually involves!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Can someone point me to information about SoccerManager.com? How it works, how it's different to fantasy football?

Finding it oddly difficult to understand what the game actually involves!

Cheers
    you take over a team full of real life players. Your the manager and you buy and sell players from your squad. You don't train them. These players are rated from 0-100 (with Ronaldo and messi been the best at 99) these ratings change depending on how the players do in real life I.e Robert lewandowski was rated 92 at the start of the season but due too form in real life is now a 94 rated player. In turn when players get dropped for an extended spell in real life there rating falls! You play against other teams managed by real life people in pre arranged games that take place twice a week.
    Object of the game is too build a team of players that will eventually rise and help you win division after division

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Do people really have 100+ players in a squad? I assumed that was a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Beefy78 wrote: »

Yup I do

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I think Juve have near to 200 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Ok... do we file that in the 'if SoccerManager haven't outlawed it then it's fine' category?

Seems more than slightly unrealistic to me.

Anyway, carry on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

On the look out for a Right winger, between 89-91. If anybody has any player suiting please pm me. Besiktas manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

justshane wrote: »
    On the look out for a Right winger, between 89-91. If anybody has any player suiting please pm me. Besiktas manager.

We'd appreciate if you and your club would stop tapping up Diego Capel, he's not for sale.

- Sporting Lisbon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I might be willing to do a p/e for Oscar, I'm looking at you Madrid ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Costa just signed a new 3 year contract at Athletico Madrid for anyone that was following his transfer to Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

Delighted with that

WILL THIS TRANSFER HELP LOWER THE OVERALL TRANSFER FEE'S WITHIN THE GAMEWORLD?

OPINIONS PLEASE

WILL THIS TRANSFER HELP LOWER THE OVERALL TRANSFER FEE'S WITHIN THE GAMEWORLD?

OPINIONS PLEASE

I'd like to think so.
    Probably not though.

The offer for Stefano MAURI of Pescara Calcio from AZ has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Chuffed. 89 rated for 4.7m - Granted he's 33, but he's immediately improving my team - and i'm more interested in the short term attack on D3 than any long term prospect.

• Advertisement

The offer for Stefano MAURI of Pescara Calcio from AZ has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Chuffed. 89 rated for 4.7m - Granted he's 33, but he's immediately improving my team - and i'm more interested in the short term attack on D3 than any long term prospect.

Nice.

Got my target last night. Now have a full team of 88s with 3 or 4 89s and a 90. Hopefully it'll see me survive Div 2 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

People honestly think having 100 players in a squad is a joke and unrealistic?

I have a first team squad of nearly 30, with nearly 70 in my youth squad.

Some of that youth squad will make it with me, some will be sold for profit eventually, some will be sold for cost and maybe some sold for a loss.

Anyways last year I did quite well in both cups with the majority of my starting line up being from my youth squad.

This took the workload off my league squad and also added much more fun and variety to the game for me.

I also set up friendlies against other similar set ups with just using youth squad, again adding another dimension and bit of fun to the game.

If it is not your cup of tea I wouldn't go calling it a joke. Afterall in real life clubs have similar large scale set ups.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Some of that youth squad will make it with me, some will be sold for profit eventually, some will be sold for cost and maybe some sold for a loss.

Anyways last year I did quite well in both cups with the majority of my starting line up being from my youth squad.

This took the workload off my league squad and also added much more fun and variety to the game for me.

I also set up friendlies against other similar set ups with just using youth squad, again adding another dimension and bit of fun to the game.

If it is not your cup of tea I wouldn't go calling it a joke. Afterall in real life clubs have similar large scale set ups.
    Arsenal have 24 in their main squad,20 in their under 21 squad and 17 in their under 18 squad
    Utd go 31,17,18
    Chelsea go 27,19,31

My using 'joke' was in response to another poster saying 'No joke' that you should be aiming to have 200 players in your squad. I can see and understand the benefits of doing it, but I feel that the managers of smaller clubs who cannot afford to do this may lose interest over time.

Upon reflection, maybe 'joke' was not the right term to use.

But I very much doubt that Juventus have close to 200 players on their books in Turin right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nice.

Got my target last night. Now have a full team of 88s with 3 or 4 89s and a 90. Hopefully it'll see me survive Div 2 :)

I think I have an 88 for sale, I'm open to offers if you're interested

Nice.

Yeah i'm hoping my strength at the back (88,90,90,91), with an 88 keeper will see me do ok in D3 - hoping to add maybe one or two higher rated midfielders and forwards to compliment those that served me well last season.

Altidore was an animal for me - 11 goals and 15 assists in the formation I had him in - hoping his move to the PL will see him improve! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Ah but i think swoody must be setting up a juventus B,C and D side he must be planning on competing in all divisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

My using 'joke' was in response to another poster saying 'No joke' that you should be aiming to have 200 players in your squad. I can see and understand the benefits of doing it, but I feel that the managers of smaller clubs who cannot afford to do this may lose interest over time.

Upon reflection, maybe 'joke' was not the right term to use.

But I very much doubt that Juventus have close to 200 players on their books in Turin right now.

where are these small clubs bidding?

i only ever see Dortmund, Tottenham, Napoli, Porto, Benfica, Lazio, Sevilla, Genoa and one or two others buy 10k-100k players. if they're not prepaired to lodge then they have no grounds for complaining.

they can also get free transfer players for 75% of the asking price, why are they not buying them?

lads change the record, this shít is getting old.

Because it was a direct reply, as you know, to this comment by your good self.

Which in turn was a reply to my initial post regarding the cost of buying players.

You'll also find that I said that I am not going to get into another debate on the subject that has been done to death in the previous thread.
    Thanks.

Well there is not much point in getting into a debate about it as currently its not against the rules, I see the merits of it and some dont agree with that, thats their choice....

All I was saying is you did bring the subject up in the first place by saying a squad size over 100 is mental... thats all im saying mate!!

At the risk of dragging the debate (I know a debate on a forum! Terrible!!!) Up again, what do you make of those teams with say 100mil or 200mil in the bank?

Is that 'mental' as well?

• Advertisement

anyone know where i can watch the ireland match free online? direct streaming that involves no download or registration would be nice.

I'll PM ya, can't post links to that stuff on boards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement