Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

I,ve an 89 keeper in D1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I,ve an 89 keeper in D1

While you're here I've been told Lars' boyhood dream is to play for PSV, just saying :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I,ve an 89 keeper in D1
    mmmh, kinda proves my point to an extent ;)

While you're here I've been told Lars' boyhood dream is to play for PSV, just saying :D
    OMG didnt hear that one must have a chat with him and if he wants and it suits he can go for face value

LIKE f... HE CAN!:)

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    mmmh, kinda proves my point to an extent ;)
    it sure does:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

improve on Romero(88) ... I think I possibly have (one of) the lowest rated 1st team GK in D1:rolleyes:

real have two 90+ keepers. pointless having 2 imo. see if he'll do business with you for casillas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

I,ve an 89 keeper in D1

As do i..

OMG didnt hear that one must have a chat with him and if he wants and it suits he can go for face value

LIKE f... HE CAN!:)

Damn...

at least I tried.

If you're ever selling him for cash let me know, I'll pay whatever my chairman will allow.

Damn...

at least I tried.

If you're ever selling him for cash let me know, I'll pay whatever my chairman will allow.
    No hass ,will do.

swoody wrote: »
    real have two 90+ keepers. pointless having 2 imo. see if he'll do business with you for casillas

Tried :(

• Advertisement

Tried :(

try Galatasaray in D4 for Muslera or any of them

Marseille might be free soon going by their fitness.....Mandanda might be your man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I noticed earlier how few defeats the top eight in D4 have got in the last six games. The entire bottom half of the table is full of red in the form guide. Which says to me that there's a lot of teams down there barely being managed.

Just one defeat in 24 games now for me in all competitions going back to last season when I took over. And that defeat was when I'd played all my first team in the Shield two days earlier.

i'd say Chivas, Genoa, Auxerre and Flamengo are still managed (genoa quit but came back)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

swoody wrote: »

Yeah I've Courtois and Casillas. :) Pointless? Maybe for you, but not for me.

Quite happy having the best keeper in the game and the best prospect keeper :D

pepper180 wrote: »
    Yeah I've Courtois and Casillas. :) Pointless? Maybe for you, but not for me.

Quite happy having the best keeper in the game and the best prospect keeper :D

i think you'll find that Buffon is currently the best keeper in the our gameworld.

this is him in action against sunderland last thursday...... :cool:

301166_449233608449028_1087969658_n.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Left back acquired, could have had him fir face value when Palermo pulled out but felt generous and paid a little over for him.

Still think its ****ty on the managers coming in that their squads get decimated.

Looking for a CB or RB, 89+, willing to offer Matavz, Rojo, Tabanou or Elias + Cash (or two + cash for the right player).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

God help whoever takes over Bordeaux most of the team will be gone.

JamboMac wrote: »
    God help whoever takes over Bordeaux most of the team will be gone.

same with Olympiacos, Braga and Basal as well in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,271 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Seaneh wrote: »
    same with Olympiacos, Braga and Basal as well in fairness.

I took over again at Genoa to protect them from that happening.

I agree that unmanaged teams need to be protected for the good of the Gameworld.

It is more likely to work as an agreement than changing the settings though.

Transfers from unmanaged teams can be turned off, but it can only be done once a season. I think the period needs to be longer than a week to give adequate time to find a potential manager, but how long do you give before deciding that it does not look like a manager is going to come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Seaneh wrote: »
    Left back acquired, could have had him fir face value when Palermo pulled out but felt generous and paid a little over for him.

Still think its ****ty on the managers coming in that their squads get decimated.

So after all the giving out you did about people buying from unmanaged teams you go and do it yourself :confused:

Is it only alright if the unmanaged team have a good player in a position you needed to strengthen?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy earned a draw with Estudiantes against SSC Napoli.
    Estudiantes were unlucky not come away with the win after drawing 1 - 1 against SSC Napoli in their Friendly fixture.
    Morrissey was on the scoresheet for his side.

Not bad. Decided to play Cork City's Danny Morrissey and Ciarán Kilduff up front, rated 73 and 76 respectively. Home to Lyon tomorrow in the cup.

Beat Sunderland 1-0, wonder if he'll make an appearance

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Beat Sunderland 1-0, wonder if he'll make an appearance

Naw, he only does competitive appearances!! :D:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

So after all the giving out you did about people buying from unmanaged teams you go and do it yourself :confused:

Is it only alright if the unmanaged team have a good player in a position you needed to strengthen?

I wanted to say it but I'm not getting involved in these arguments anymore, but im glad someone pointed out the hypocrisy of it all....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It was the fact that players could be bought from unmanaged clubs which he was criticising, no?

Mr Freeze was unable to prevent a FC Porto defeat to Beşiktaş JK.
    FC Porto slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat against Beşiktaş JK in their Friendly fixture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Will I turn off buying from unmanaged clubs??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Will I turn off buying from umma hed clubs??
    It would make it a lot fairer, as much as I might need some players from these clubs I won't purchase just because everybody else does it. Does that mean external clubs can't buy from them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement