Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Will I turn off buying from umma hed clubs??

As I've no money I don't really mind....

But for me, I think it would just be another nail in the coffin that is the transfer market, others will disagree im sure and as ive said I only have 2 mil, so let others talk this one out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Maybe transfer windows being implemented would give clubs without managers enough time to get a new manager but when the market is open it's a free for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Who's going to buy unwanted 84/85 rated players in that case?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

But for me, I think it would just be another nail in the coffin that is the transfer market, others will disagree im sure and as ive said I only have 2 mil, so let others talk this one out.....

Don't see why it would kill the market. It's three or four teams out of 80 players and dozens of externals.

Not to mention I think the ones it applies to have all been raided anyway, so I fear it's too late...
    JamboMac wrote: »
    Maybe transfer windows being implemented would give clubs without managers enough time to get a new manager but when the market is open it's a free for all.

I'd HATE transfer windows and I think that would kill my interest in the game. I spend 90% of my time looking through transfers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm not sure that argument stacks up in relation this. I mean, if the clubs are managed then their players probably wouldn't be available for transfer anyway.

That said, like you, I also only have two million. Also, I don't really care too much about the game anyway to have any strong opinions either way.

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm not sure that argument stacks up in relation this. I mean, if the clubs are managed then their players probably wouldn't be available for transfer anyway.

That said, like you, I also only have two million. Also, I don't really care too much about the game anyway to have any strong opinions either way.

Sorry, I dont get ya....

You say if they were managed they would not be available, since they are not managed then by default (as per game rules) they are available....

More players on the market most certainly wont hurt the market (what effect it has on those unmanaged teams is a different argument) but in terms of the market, my argument totally stands up...

Put simply, in terms of JUST the transfer aspect of the game, more players are available

Again, not going to debate any views etc on this as these ultimately turn into a waste of time but thats my view on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It depends what the option actually is. If it stops everyone, AI included, from buying players from unmanaged teams in the league, I'm all for it.

It leaves the next manager with something to work with instead of the train wrecks that are Bordeaux, etc. You'd wanna be mad to take over any of those now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

So after all the giving out you did about people buying from unmanaged teams you go and do it yourself :confused:

Is it only alright if the unmanaged team have a good player in a position you needed to strengthen?

Well done, ignore the argument I was actually making for the sake of getting a dig in and a few cheap thanks.

Clever boy.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It was the fact that players could be bought from unmanaged clubs which he was criticising, no?

Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Seaneh wrote: »
    Well done, ignore the argument I was actually making for the sake of getting a dig in and a few cheap thanks.

Clever boy.

I have to admit that I wasn't following the argument that closely so I might have missed what your point actually was.

Surely you can tell by how little I post that I don't give a **** about getting thanks though and the clever boy comment just makes you come across as a prick

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Sorry, I dont get ya....

You say if they were managed they would not be available, since they are not managed then by default (as per game rules) they are available....

More players on the market most certainly wont hurt the market (what effect it has on those unmanaged teams is a different argument) but in terms of the market, my argument totally stands up...

Put simply, in terms of JUST the transfer aspect of the game, more players are available

Again, not going to debate any views etc on this as these ultimately turn into a waste of time but thats my view on it

Yeah, but these players aren't really "on the market". Their availability is actually artificially boosting the Transfer Market.

But either way, the total debate regarding this topic will inevitably conclude to the fact that even if managed clubs are restricted from buying off unmanaged clubs, apparently there is no way of preventing external clubs from doing so. The debate essentially hinges on whether this is actually true or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Just because I didn't turn smfa monitoring off doesn't mean I'm ignoring felas or their views. As I've said before if the majority want something ill agree too it no questions asked. Also maybe it is too late for the current unmanaged teams but if I turn it off maybe it can save other unmanaged teams in the future from being pillaged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The best way around this is to try to recruit within seven days. And that's a responsibility that we can all share in. Everyone here must know a couple of people on Boards who might be interested in playing.

Just because I didn't turn smfa monitoring off doesn't mean I'm ignoring felas or their views. As I've said before if the majority want something ill agree too it no questions asked. Also maybe it is too late for the current unmanaged teams but if I turn it off maybe it can save other unmanaged teams in the future from being pillaged

First off, I don't know why that is being mentioned as it's not what the discussion matter is at this point, we all know how that ended up!!!

My comment wasn't a dig or anything as such Mac, my comments were more meant as some people just can't discuss things around here without having to resort to personal attacks, hence just a big waste of time...

I may be opinionated but I don't resort to that tactic and I highly doubt any future debates about the merits of various topics will hold any value once these folks throw their oar in, so if it came across as just a sour remark I apologize as that was not my intention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Will it just be manageable unmanaged clubs that we can't buy from if it gets turned off?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

If you keep it that people can raid teams, This game world will suffer and it wont last many more seasons, maybe 2 at max.

If you turn it off so teams are protected, well then we could actually keep this game world open for many more seasons!

We said it at the start, this is for the long run!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

pepper180 wrote: »
    If you keep it that people can raid teams, This game world will suffer and it wont last many more seasons, maybe 2 at max.

If you turn it off so teams are protected, well then we could actually keep this game world open for many more seasons!

We said it at the start, this is for the long run!

But the difficulty is that the AI Clubs will buy those players whether we do or not. So whether they go to a managed club or an AI Club the club has been raided either way.

If there's a way to stop anyone (human or AI) buying players from an unmanaged club then that's obviously the way to go. I get the impression that that is not possible though....?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    But the difficulty is that the AI Clubs will buy those players whether we do or not. So whether they go to a managed club or an AI Club the club has been raided either way.

If there's a way to stop anyone (human or AI) buying players from an unmanaged club then that's obviously the way to go. I get the impression that that is not possible though....?

We could set up an account as kind of a place holder til a manager is ready to take over.

We could set up an account as kind of a place holder til a manager is ready to take over.

That's actually a really good idea. Set up dummy accounts and use them when a team is unmanaged.

First off, I don't know why that is being mentioned as it's not what the discussion matter is at this point, we all know how that ended up!!!

My comment wasn't a dig or anything as such Mac, my comments were more meant as some people just can't discuss things around here without having to resort to personal attacks, hence just a big waste of time...

I may be opinionated but I don't resort to that tactic and I highly doubt any future debates about the merits of various topics will hold any value once these folks throw their oar in, so if it came across as just a sour remark I apologize as that was not my intention.

You didn't come across sour also I was been genuine. Ill listen too arguements for and against anyone who wants anything changed. Majority rules might be my game world but itll be lonely without all you guys xox ha ha ha

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    That's actually a really good idea. Set up dummy accounts and use them when a team is unmanaged.

Thats a great idea and just log in and out every 21 days too keep the clubs! Any volonteees??

Be interesting to see if anyone raids Shaktar, some 91s there

Be interesting to see if anyone raids Shaktar, some 91s there

If we don't sort something, all teams that go unmanaged will be stripped down to teams of mid 80 rated players.

Can you check Mac, if you make it so that we can't buy from unmanaged clubs in our league, can AI still buy them? If they can't, just change that setting.

The fake account thing is a great idea but I think the other would be easier, no messing with extra email addresses, etc

Thats a great idea and just log in and out every 21 days too keep the clubs! Any volonteees??

I'll do it for 1 club anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

One rule would have to be that your not in the league your babysitting a club in.

I'll do a club as well depending on what it entails? Do you just not do transfers or do you try make them win? I agree that they shouldn't be in your league

I'd do it if you want.

I can do Olylmpiacis, they aren't in my league.

Set up an account, sent mac a PM with the email so he can offer the account a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Are multiply accounts allowed to be managed? My brother and I got a warning message a few months ago saying how we logged onto the same I.P Address and if we did it again, we'd be banned. :confused:

I was on my laptop, then I signed out and he signed onto his and checked his team.

A few days later the warning message came! :mad:

• Advertisement

Minding clubs is ok but just log in once a month too keep the job and log out! Let ai pick teams etc!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement