Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

I'll PM ya, can't post links to that stuff on boards

thanks mate. pm me. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

FFS im watching a thai premiere league match.....HAHA pppp you ROCK!!!

C'mon muang thong utd!!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Well there is not much point in getting into a debate about it as currently its not against the rules, I see the merits of it and some dont agree with that, thats their choice....

All I was saying is you did bring the subject up in the first place by saying a squad size over 100 is mental... thats all im saying mate!!

At the risk of dragging the debate (I know a debate on a forum! Terrible!!!) Up again, what do you make of those teams with say 100mil or 200mil in the bank?

Is that 'mental' as well?
    What do you mean by that question exactly? like how they aquired the money or something?
    Just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Pato going on the transfer list tomorrow

Junuzovic also up for sale too.

Reshaping a little bit so looking to offload a couple of bodies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

how is everyone feeling about season 2? Iv little money but have bought in 4 squad players for the early season league / shield games and have sold a good few youths to fund it. Am feeling more confident I can get promotion this year with a 23 man first team squad and a youth team or about 25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Nice.

Got my target last night. Now have a full team of 88s with 3 or 4 89s and a 90. Hopefully it'll see me survive Div 2 :)

Id say you'll challenge for playoffs with a team of 88's! I had 2 when I took over Galaxy and managed to pick up 23 points in the last 16 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

how is everyone feeling about season 2? Iv little money but have bought in 4 squad players for the early season league / shield games and have sold a good few youths to fund it. Am feeling more confident I can get promotion this year with a 23 man first team squad and a youth team or about 25.

I've strengthened my squad but in all honesty, surviving DIV 2 will be an achievement :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I don't see why any team should be avg 85 or 86 (well not first 11) as theres plenty of external players rated 87,88,89 out there.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I don't see why any team should be avg 85 or 86 (well not first 11) as theres plenty of external players rated 87,88,89 out there.

Not too many 88/89 that are available but swamped with cheap 87s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    What do you mean by that question exactly? like how they aquired the money or something?
    Just wondering

No not how they aquired it, what I mean is....

Is there REALLY a difference between having 200 players and say 200mil in the bank???

Hmm.... think about that!!!!

Have a fair feeling the penny will drop for a few when I put it like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The hypocrisy of some managers in the GW is crazy, I rejected a 28m bid for Coentrao, a 91 rated 25 year old, and was told that I wouldn't get any better offer for him by the manager... the main reason I rejected it though, is because I offered a similar amount for a 90 rated player of nearly the same age on his team, and it was rejected as an insulting offer.

Some managers want their cake and eat it too, if you don't give me a good deal I won't give you a good deal. It's as simple as that.

No not how they aquired it, what I mean is....

Is there REALLY a difference between having 200 players and say 200mil in the bank???

Hmm.... think about that!!!!

Have a fair feeling the penny will drop for a few when I put it like that!

Maybe it's because I deal in cent now instead of pennies but I haven't a notion what you're talking about. I do know I'd rather have 200m and bring in 3 or 4 top players than have 200+ players weighing on my wage budget hoping I might make a few k on them in a few years... They might be small but all those 7k +/- contracts add up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've got a few deals nearing competition that will make me quite happy. There's only one area of the team I'd really like to move after an improvement, but still some time to work on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

The minute you go for a player, everyone else jumps on board, but sure I guess that's how it goes. Just so hard to keep up with the moneybags, but in fairness there's a helpful sum coming my way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

MrMac84 wrote: »

Agreed I got Pompeys average up from 84 to 88 in a couple of weeks without spending massive money

Agreed I got Pompeys average up from 84 to 88 in a couple of weeks without spending massive money

Not to discredit you or anything but getting to 88 is grand its getting to 89+ that's hard. 89 players are rare to come by externally and usually expensive internally. Anything after that is usually mad money :pac:

In my opinion of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

Not to discredit you or anything but getting to 88 is grand its getting to 89+ that's hard. 89 players are rare to come by externally and usually expensive internally. Anything after that is usually mad money :pac:

In my opinion of course

I know yeah its the next leap that's the hard one! Was just agreeing with Mac why no team should be around the 85/86 level with all the external clubs being full of players around the 87/88 level

That said I got Bent (89) for his valuation, just under 8 mill and he got 2 goals in 3 games in Division 1! Credit to Villa for that deal, hopefully he gets that move to Fulham and doesn't get a rating cut!!

Maybe it's because I deal in cent now instead of pennies but I haven't a notion what you're talking about. I do know I'd rather have 200m and bring in 3 or 4 top players than have 200+ players weighing on my wage budget hoping I might make a few k on them in a few years... They might be small but all those 7k +/- contracts add up

Yeah you might make a few k on some of them.. for sure.... thats part of it, what about the ones yoy make more than just a few k on though?

What about the ones that BECOME that top player your splashing out all those millions to buy? Never know, mught be splashing out those millions to me!!!!!

Better?

Ok, crystal clear... 3 aims for having that volume of players

1. The next generation of starters at your club (saving yoy from buying big)
    2. Small risers, tiny profits, say a million each, by say 80 players, hey thats 80 million
    3. Find THAT next player, Ronaldo, messi, neymar.... eh they all had to start somewhere.

Cant be clearer than that, anyone that thinks its a bad idea after that will always do so.....

Oh and all those 7ks will add up, but those superstars (4 was it) you would prefer, shur they will cost ya nothin each week!!!!!

Yeah you might make a few k on some of them.. for sure.... thats part of it, what about the ones yoy make more than just a few k on though?

What about the ones that BECOME that top player your splashing out all those millions to buy? Never know, mught be splashing out those millions to me!!!!!

Better?

2. Small risers, tiny profits, say a million each, by say 80 players, hey thats 80 million
    3. Find THAT next player, Ronaldo, messi, neymar.... eh they all had to start somewhere.

Cant be clearer than that, anyone that thinks its a bad idea after that will always do so.....

0/ me I still think it's a bad idea but I don't think it's unfair or anything, do what ye want :)

• Advertisement

0/ me I still think it's a bad idea but I don't think it's unfair or anything, do what ye want :)

Out of interest, why is it a bad idea? I mean in fairness I posted 3 clear advantages/aims of doing it, can you expand your answer out of sheer interest?

I mean JUST negatives of it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

just checked your report history PPPP.........turns out you have none except for Luís Fabiano who got a rating decrease, so obviously you don't know how to buy "quality".

TLZQkom.gif

swoody wrote: »
    just checked your report history PPPP.........turns out you have none except for Luís Fabiano who got a rating decrease, so obviously you don't know how to buy "quality".

TLZQkom.gif

Haha you're not looking at it right mate ;)

Vestergaard got a +12 and I've the highest increase so far of +18

And winning Div 3 would suggest I'm doing alright ;)

Tupac, I'll get back to ya when I'm on the laptop but my main reason being contracts especially when on such a tight budget like myself, I literally have €0 right now so cutting off players that I don't need is a must for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It says on the SM forum that anyone can make changes to player ratings and then it's voted on.. Has anybody done this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Better?

I think its good idea for anyone that has money within the game,for all 3 reasons above and there's little to no down side to it.A small loss on wages and intial fee.

However I do feel it is exploiting a flaw in the game itself but ppl are free to do whatever they please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

bought for 70k now worth 960k to me as of today and probably 1.5ishM to others

3a64ee24131765016a5f5a05241e2ddf.png

also he moved to Chelsea at the beginning of August :D

swoody wrote: »
    bought for 70k now worth 960k to me as of today and probably 1.5ishM to others

also he moved to Chelsea at the beginning of August :D

....... and....

You're supposed to say "Sorry PPPP, I bow to your scouting greatness"

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Can you not send a PM instead of posting here? Granero has little hope of ever rising past 89. Lampard is 93 rated. Even if he goes to 92 this season .. that is a 92 rated player in the boards league for possibly two seasons.

I wish SM would get rid of the "insulted" response and insert "are you have a laugh".

It is getting tiresome having to reject comedy offers all the time (not solely directed at Porto) for players. Granero and useless money for a 93 rated player .. sorry but it is bordering insulting.

I bid for an 89 rated CB yesterday with Obi Mikel yesterday but it was rejected. This CB may or may not be a future 91+ .. but young enough still to fail. Mikel is 91. The manager is gambling that this player will be 94 rated in the future .. which is possible. That is the sort of transfer negotiations I would be interested in.

Another manager keeps offering me money for one of my players even though I have stated player exchange only to him a few times. His response is to post incremental increases to his bid.

Ok, I was probably a little hasty posting here but how do you expect me to know where you feel lampards real value lies when you return with an offer for my highest rated young player and probably my strongest defensive prospect.

I'll be on SM later if you want to try negotiate further....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement