Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

mackeire wrote: »
    Neil McDonald steered Spartak Moskva to victory against São Paulo FC.
    Spartak Moskva beat São Paulo FC 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Mihaylov had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Bulut was on the scoresheet for his side.

Umut BULUT is now suspended for 1 domestic game after picking up 5 Yellow Cards in domestic competitions

Fair play, was a close one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Fair play, was a close one

two draws last season with the two teams finishing 1st and 2nd in div 3 last year so happy enough with the win away from home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

JamboMac wrote: »
    It was his keeper it seems like the keeper is probably the most important player, I had more shots and more on target, I question the game engine more and more it doesn't make sense I might win the next game I'm holding my breadth. 5 in the midfield seems to be this strange bonus.

he wiped the floor with you in possession 43% - 57%, you only had two more shots 16 - 14, you had more on target 11 - 7 but he had 12 corners to your 3 so that tell me he wasnt to far off getting more on target. bottom line is his striker took one of his chances, your didn't. simpulz!

btw a blind lineman might of saved you.....

50b998a2ff30a2808419ef40f4a8ad31.png

20120304-154754.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Good news - a 3-0 home win, and back joint top.
    Bad news - Eric Abidal out for 9 days with a pulled calf....

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

IMPORTANT NOTICE

So far lads the highest bidder on 'Aaron HUNT (89 rated)' is 9 Million - From Portsmouth.

Can anyone beat it?

Only 26 hours left to get your bids in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

swoody wrote: »
    he wiped the floor with you in possession 43% - 57%, you only had two more shots 16 - 14, you had more on target 11 - 7 but he had 12 corners to your 3 so that tell me he wasnt to far off getting more on target. bottom line is his striker took one of his chances, your didn't. simpulz!

btw a blind lineman might of saved you.....

50b998a2ff30a2808419ef40f4a8ad31.png

20120304-154754.jpg
    He played jack Carlton football the only player that got a good rating was his keeper and striker possession never wins games player ratings are more of a sign of who played better. The game engine favours the not so brave pack the midfield and hit it long . I'd possession was just passing the back 4 and the midfield in his own half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

pepper180 wrote: »
    IMPORTANT NOTICE

So far lads the highest bidder on 'Aaron HUNT (89 rated)' is 9 Million - From Portsmouth.

Can anyone beat it?

Only 26 hours left to get your bids in!

am I the only one who's never heard of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Another clean sheet and a 2-0 win!

6 points off the pace but a chance to claw some of that back at Anzhi next!!!

He played jack Carlton football the only player that got a good rating was his keeper and striker possession never wins games player ratings are more of a sign of who played better. The game engine favours the not so brave pack the midfield and hit it long . I'd possession was just passing the back 4 and the midfield in his own half.

ply-by-play of your chances.......

269a7348261d6e5ccfa939ab04820e98.png

6e165281b984b44a461d7bfe475fbdab.png

713b3ba53f1f8e2d7d31c24ff10640db.png

6847217c7ee39c197cec3d99a4d74f2f.png

f41571d710af17923181f9b4764e27e4.png

look at your tactics before accusing him of hoof ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

eh i dunno wrote: »

He plays for Bremen, I don't know how you haven't!

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »

he's a poor man's Luke Chadwick.

ply-by-play of your chances.......

269a7348261d6e5ccfa939ab04820e98.png

6e165281b984b44a461d7bfe475fbdab.png

713b3ba53f1f8e2d7d31c24ff10640db.png

6847217c7ee39c197cec3d99a4d74f2f.png

f41571d710af17923181f9b4764e27e4.png

look at your tactics before accusing him of hoof ball.
    What are you talking about accusing somebody long ball is set in his tactics and I have direct set on mine which means to me passing to feet, of course when somebody packs a midfield players adapt, your taking it offally personal when I'm talking about somebody else's tactics.

What are you talking about accusing somebody long ball is set in his tactics and I have direct set on mine which means to me passing to feet, of course when somebody packs a midfield players adapt, your taking it offally personal when I'm talking about somebody else's tactics.

i'm not, i'm just feed up with you moaning that you lost all the time.....can you not just accept that you lost and move on. :rolleyes:

i'm not, i'm just feed up with you moaning that you lost all the time.....can you not just accept that you lost and move on. :rolleyes:
    I didn't start off moaning you just started which would left with my first post, you must have nothing else to do?

I didn't start off moaning you just started which would left with my first post, you must have nothing else to do?

nope, i dont.....

so i had a look at your match since you posted it...

and here we are.

:pac:

nope, i dont.....

so i had a look at your match since you posted it...

and here we are.

:pac:
    At least we increased activity, I can accept the result but fu£$|d if I understand it at all.

Feed up? Stop eating so....???

Cause people dont get fed up with your random analysis of others teams at all.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Well I've never seen this before,2 sendings off for....
    30'GOUWELEEUW shouts abuse at the ref after a questionable decision.
    spacer.gif Red Card - The referee gives GOUWELEEUW a second yellow and sends him off!

48'LESTIENNE shouts abuse at the ref after a questionable decision.
    spacer.gif Red Card - The referee gives LESTIENNE a second yellow and sends him off!

At least we increased activity, I can accept the result but fu£$|d if I understand it at all.

you've 3 handy fixtures against Braga, liege and Basel coming up so you'll be back fighting for a top 6 stop before you know it.

Feed up? Stop eating so....???

Cause people dont get fed up with your random analysis of others teams at all.....

yip, fat fingers........

nom nom nom nom

• Advertisement

Lazio are shít btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Well I've never seen this before,2 sendings off for....
    30'GOUWELEEUW shouts abuse at the ref after a questionable decision.
    spacer.gif Red Card - The referee gives GOUWELEEUW a second yellow and sends him off!

48'LESTIENNE shouts abuse at the ref after a questionable decision.
    spacer.gif Red Card - The referee gives LESTIENNE a second yellow and sends him off!

This makes Malaga happy :D

Lazio are shít btw

And Juve are class, one of the better teams in the game to be fair....

Would take a complete moron to not win anything with em in say the first 3 seasons......

Ahem......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Bleurgh, unbeaten run comes to an end and I drop back down to 3rd as a result

Anzhi slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to US Palermo in their Division 3 fixture.

I'd love to say I forgot to change my team/tactics, but in truth I was just outplayed. It was a tight enough game but they had more possession and more chances so on balance a fair result. I need a better centre forward.

And Juve are class, one of the better teams in the game to be fair....

Would take a complete moron to not win anything with em in say the first 3 seasons......

Ahem......

fcuk my covers blown

i'll swap clubs with you in 3 seasons when your in D4 :pac:

fcuk my covers blown

i'll swap clubs with you in 3 seasons when your in D4 :pac:

We'll be a fair bit closer in the league than that in 3 seasons me thinks!

But seriously though.... I wasnt calling u a moron or anything like that

Yet

Give it time!!!!

EDIT
    And anyhow I wouldnt touch Juve, cheating scum

Iago wrote: »
    Bleurgh, unbeaten run comes to an end and I drop back down to 3rd as a result

Anzhi slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to US Palermo in their Division 3 fixture.

I'd love to say I forgot to change my team/tactics, but in truth I was just outplayed. It was a tight enough game but they had more possession and more chances so on balance a fair result. I need a better centre forward.

Take your time finding one man, after the next league game will do ya fine!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Estudiantes to victory against Shanghai Shenhua.
    Estudiantes beat Shanghai Shenhua 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Roux scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Wendt was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Vital win in China. This game was effectively an early season relegation six-pointer. It seemed to be a very open game though with chances at both ends. Thankfully Nolan Roux has found his shooting boots again after a bit of a drought. If I got him back scoring again along with joint divisional top scorer Junior Hoilett (9 goals) then we really have a chance of climbing the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Thumped at home tonight, 6-2 by Sunderland not impresswd with my keeper!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Please refrain from berating other managers' tactics. Even if he does play long ball, what difference does it make? That's his choice. It's a legitimate tactic that brought Ireland to two World Cups.

Also, playing long balls as a tactic actually makes perfect sense if you're playing an opposition with a much stronger midfield. What's the point in getting involved in a midfield battle which you're probably going to lose anyway.

On a side note, I'll just reiterate a point that has been made quite often, but clearly not often enough: It's a game. Please don't take it too seriously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement