Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Seaneh wrote: »
    Not really seeing as he is absolutely shagged in defence with his highest rated defender being an 87.

I know I'm working on it, have a couple 88's spotted so hopefully will get them in ;) It's pain though as I've to essentially rebuild the whole squad, picking up players here and there if I can.
    pepper180 wrote: »
    I don't have many as it is! I don't have much of a squad! Im selling an 89,
    Going to be selling a few 88s or 87s next week!

Any chance you could let me know who your thinking of getting rid of in a PM? I'd most likely take one of two of them :p

And anyone at a lower club looking for 88 rated players, I have a few who will not get game time with me team I am willing to let go.

Elias, Rinaudo, Tabanou and Geromel when his transferban ends next month are all for sale for a good price.

I'll most likely be after one or two of yours as well mate :p

Oh btw good idea on creating another league for the more active Boardsie's, would be nice to have a even starting ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Think something lime this happened before and Mac didnt take to kindly to it, after all he is paying for his gameworld here and its hard enough to maintain consistant interest without side leagues...

Instead of branching out and dividing up time why make the changes proposed to.this gameworld and remain focused on it

I agree that the changes should be implemented in the boards gameworld and hopefully the worlds success continues but this is the Soccermanager forum not the boards soccermanager forum, if there's enough interest for another world I'll look into setting it up, all boardsies welcome. Hell I'm sure Mac will join himself if he has time. It's not a competition between the two

You're more than welcome too Tupac if it goes ahead. I'll leave it there and start a new thread

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Important notice:

BOCA Juniors are now in the lead to sign 89 rated Aaron HUNT with a bid of 9.8M.

Only 6hours and 35minutes left to get in those bids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I agree that the changes should be implemented in the boards gameworld and hopefully the worlds success continues but this is the Soccermanager forum not the boards soccermanager forum, if there's enough interest for another world I'll look into setting it up, all boardsies welcome. Hell I'm sure Mac will join himself if he has time. It's not a competition between the two

Sorry if this comes across as too critical but I dont see how setting up what would for all intensive purposes be a 'boards 2' gameworld to fix the percived problems within this gameworld by applying them to the '2' gameworld is the answer...

And anyhow, there are already plenty of alternative gamewolds to this gameworld where much of the same players already manage.... I dont see how another one would help this one?

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Oh really I didn't know there was a bunch of 89 rated defenders for sale for less than 10 million :confused:

Wouldn't know.....

Never signed one for less than 10 here

It's not just to make the wrongs of this GW right, it's just a new GW with some differing ingame rules. I know others play other worlds but I know from my experience I'd like to start again on level ground with everyone, where everyone's given the same start instead of joining a world where all the top players are gone

This is my last post in this thread on the subject, you're welcome to follow me to the other thread if you want to discuss it further

It's not just to make the wrongs of this GW right, it's just a new GW with some differing ingame rules. I know others play other worlds but I know from my experience I'd like to start again on level ground with everyone, where everyone's given the same start instead of joining a world where all the top players are gone

This is my last post in this thread on the subject, you're welcome to follow me to the other thread if you want to discuss it further

I wont be joining up (or maybe I will just to offer a different opinion!!)

But what happens a season and a half in in the new gameworld when all 'top' players move club? Set up another one???

Id prefer to see this one through

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Important notice:

BOCA Juniors are now in the lead to sign 89 rated Aaron HUNT with a bid of 9.8M.

Only 6hours and 35minutes left to get in those bids.

How about 6m + your sister then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Sorry if this comes across as too critical but I dont see how setting up what would for all intensive purposes be a 'boards 2' gameworld to fix the percived problems within this gameworld by applying them to the '2' gameworld is the answer...

And anyhow, there are already plenty of alternative gamewolds to this gameworld where much of the same players already manage.... I dont see how another one would help this one?

i'm not one for derailing :rolleyes: but support this other boards league lads

ok it's not a new league (just finished season 13)

loads of us already in it as tupac mentioned......

THE GOOD LEAGUE

Game World ID 15538

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056918675

might get some there the fill in here too, you know work off each other.....

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    i'm not one for derailing :rolleyes: but support this other boards league lads

ok it's not a new league (just finished season 13)

loads of us already in it as tupac mentioned......

THE GOOD LEAGUE

Game World ID 15538

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056918675

might get some there the fill in here too, you know work off each other.....

Like I said.....

Alternatives already exist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

jaysus lads, some of you would moan at anything! if someone wants to create a new gameworld then thats up to them. if someone else wants to join that game world then that is also up to them.
    it is possible to play in more than 1 gameworld without it effecting any other teams you also have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Just to be upfront about this.

I am move likely to sell my 88's who I'm not using to clubs where they will be of the most benefit.

For example, CSKA just added one of them to their short list, they already have 18 players over 88, so I'm not really likely to accept anything less than a generous offer from them, where as if a team where that player will go into their first team makes an offer, I'm more likely to let the player go to a team where they will be a first team player and an upgrade on their current options.

If they aren't going to be bringing up the quality of the first team they are going to, I'm just as happy to keep them as backup.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Offer accepted for Tabanou from FC Basel, will add quality to their left flank with the ability to play all along that side.

I'd recommend playing him as a ML or AML as he has a few negatives in defence, but will do the job there too.
    Has a very good rating average for me and gets a lot of assists, just isn't going to get into my first team right now.

I actually reckon he's due a bump in stats too.

Have fun with him dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Offer accepted for Tabanou from FC Basel, will add quality to their left flank with the ability to play all along that side.

I'd recommend playing him as a ML or AML as he has a few negatives in defence, but will do the job there too.
    Has a very good rating average for me and gets a lot of assists, just isn't going to get into my first team right now.

I actually reckon he's due a bump in stats too.

Have fun with him dude!

Cheers man, was eyeing him up to play left midfield funnily enough :p

mackeire wrote: »
    jaysus lads, some of you would moan at anything! if someone wants to create a new gameworld then thats up to them. if someone else wants to join that game world then that is also up to them.
    it is possible to play in more than 1 gameworld without it effecting any other teams you also have.

Call it moaning if you want! I just said it wont help this gameword, which it wont.....

Be interesting to see what Mac makes of this because GTI did advertise another gameworld on the boards thread and it disnt go down well at all.....

Already speaking to Mac about it. I'm not sure if he'd be happy about it or not (I hope he's ok with it and even takes a team) but if people want a new world, I'd be happy to accommodate them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Call it moaning if you want! I just said it wont help this gameword, which it wont.....

Be interesting to see what Mac makes of this because GTI did advertise another gameworld on the boards thread and it disnt go down well at all.....

who cares what he thinks. he doesn't own soccermanager.com.
    he owns this gameworld, which is good fun but if other lads want to start another one, it's up to them.
    It wont effect this gameworld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

In fairness *THE GOOD LEAGUE* had been around for ages and hasn't affected this league.

Also it has nothing to do with Mac... It'll be PPP that has full control over his gameworld. It's not like he's constantly advertising a new league in this thread.

mackeire wrote: »
    who cares what he thinks. he doesn't own soccermanager.com.
    he owns this gameworld, which is good fun but if other lads want to start another one, it's up to them.
    It wont effect this gameworld.

I do for one considering all the effort he put in to make the boards one so popular and tried his best to keep it at capacity...

• Advertisement

selling cheapies if anyone wants them and you might get lucky like i did with some otherwise i'll sell to the externals that have bids in on monday....

Jim Atkinson 11k when up +3 on the 17/10/13
    Ben Greenhalgh 11k
    Daryll Meggett 11k
    Alex Kenyon 11k
    Franco Flückiger 45k
    Juan Argüello 46k
    Zeljko Krsmanovic 48k
    Pedro Navas 198k
    Karim Azamoum 300k
    Andrej Lovas 301k
    Dobrivoj Rusov 305k
    Eunan O'kane 710k went up +4 on the 5/9/13
    Adam Jahn 792k went up +4 24/8/13
    Carlos Alvarez went up +3 on the 12/10/13 so cancelled bid will accept 792k
    Lubos Tusjak 802k went up +2 on the 23/8/13

i will accept offers 1k more then the externals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

SD
    How many 90+players you selling?

He did swap me modric(93) for rodriguez(90) last season, and then swapped higuain(94) for modric(93), an 84 and cash ...

Don't think I've bought off him but Pepper is one of the best for selling swapping big players. Sure he's letting an 89 go at the moment for under 10m!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I hope Real win division 1...there I said it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Be interesting to see what Mac makes of this because GTIdid advertise another gameworld on the boards thread and it disnt go down well at all.....

ITS GT TDI!!! Deasel!! :D

We're all in another leagues somewhere else, that what keeps the interest.

Im in a gw with 23 of the 80 teams taken 1/2 way through s3, a lot quiter than the boards league but the matches are on alternate days so ... Perfect fit for me
    Check my profile on sm if you wanna see it.

I think setting up a second boards league is a little unfair on mac but people can surely join other already existing gw to compliment the boards league of their own free will...

I do care way more about the boards one tho, come to think of it i wouldnt know newcastle (club i support)'s next 2 fixtures in real life but know FCPs next 5-10 games in this GW :eek:

Unfair on Mac? So we have a soccermanager forum dedicated to the game (game, not the boards league) but we shouldn't set up new leagues? Ah give it over.

Mac has done and is doing a great job with the league, I don't see a problem with setting up a new one where once again everyone will start at 0 instead of joining worlds that have already started. Some may like that but I'd rather it from the start and there seems to be interest from others too

I'll be staying in Macs league and, if it goes ahead, joining my own one

just having a look at a couple of players i've sold on the cheap.....

QUAGLIARELLA 10M

MELO 10M

LICHTSTEINER 15M

ISLA 23M

BARZAGLI + GIOVINCO Swapped

CÁCERES 8M

PEPE 6M

ZIEGLER 7M

STORARI 2.7M

MOTTA 3.7M

DE CEGLIE Swapped

PADOIN Swapped

there's more but i cant see last season's transfers out :(

oh, and.....

LLORENTE + ASAMOAH are available for someone who has Marco Reus...... i mean a AM,F(RLC)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Important Notice:

Hamburg have made an offer to Real Madrid for Aaron HUNT of 10,500,000.

Only 3hrs and 15minutes left lads!

By the way, ill join any NEW league for the crack! No harm in mixing it up a bit! :)

Also thanks all for the cute messages about transfers, you are all sweet hearts! ;)

Ill do deals with anyone once it is fair on both sides!

Important Notice:

Hamburg have made an offer to Real Madrid for Aaron HUNT of 10,500,000.

Only 3hrs and 15minutes left lads!

By the way, ill join any NEW league for the crack! No harm in mixing it up a bit! :)

Also thanks all for the cute messages about transfers, you are all sweet hearts! ;)

Ill do deals with anyone once it is fair on both sides!

thats a good price for a poor mans Luke Chadwick

• Advertisement

Unfair on Mac? So we have a soccermanager forum dedicated to the game (game, not the boards league) but we shouldn't set up new leagues? Ah give it over.

Mac has done and is doing a great job with the league, I don't see a problem with setting up a new one where once again everyone will start at 0 instead of joining worlds that have already started. Some may like that but I'd rather it from the start and there seems to be interest from others too

I'll be staying in Macs league and, if it goes ahead, joining my own one

You may not see it, but some do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement