Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

One league is more than enough for me.Someone here told me they were in 14 leagues. Seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

You may not see it, but some do.

Who else exactly?
    Because it seems you're the only one against it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

You may not see it, but some do.

he only setting up a small league of 2 divisions.....The Elite Boards League if you will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

swoody wrote: »
    he only setting up a small league of 2 divisions.....The Elite Boards League if you will

Oh elite??

No that sounds like too much, ill just stick to being a regular boards member manager, but enjoy.the whole 'elite' thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Oh elite??

No that sounds like too much, ill just stick to being a regular boards member manager, but enjoy.the whole 'elite' thing!

ah, t'wont be the same without you ...

just think its for boardies only ... sunderbear or what ever cant join it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Oh elite??

Nothing elite about it, any boardsie can join

Nothing elite about it, any boardsie can join

well i'm elite....in a elitist way :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Tupac could start an argument in an empty room :pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 lyonLIONS

Didnt i tell you all!!! i was gone two seconds and pepper and tupac have killed my beloved league!!! :mad: GT...you changed man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Jesus.....

• Advertisement

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Jesus.....

you called!

lyonLIONS wrote: »
    Didnt i tell you all!!! i was gone two seconds and pepper and tupac have killed my beloved league!!! :mad: GT...you changed man.

Just stirring things up before our upcoming fixture!!! :D

Ah well, twas good while it lasted

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Tupac could start an argument in an empty room :pac::pac::pac:

'Fair point'

Hey who said that!!!!

26min and counting :eek: ..... Must be watching the Late Late Show :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

What did I do now?..

Important Notice:

Schalke have made an offer to Real Madrid for 89Rated Aaron HUNT of 10,501,000.

They are now the highest bidder.

Only 1 hour and 10mins left to get in your bid! :)

pepper180 wrote: »
    Important Notice:

SS Lazio have made an offer to Real Madrid for Aaron HUNT of 3,500,000 plus Guillermo VARELA and Bobley ANDERSON

SS Lazio have made an offer to Real Madrid for Aaron HUNT of 3,500,000 plus Guillermo VARELA and Bobley ANDERSON

cé mhéad é sin?

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    cé mhéad é sin?

Dont think its the money is the enticing part of the deal to be fair!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I have to enter this debate as I find myself siding with the minority.
    Unfair on Mac? So we have a soccermanager forum dedicated to the game (game, not the boards league) but we shouldn't set up new leagues? Ah give it over.
    Mac has done and is doing a great job with the league, I don't see a problem with setting up a new one where once again everyone will start at 0 instead of joining worlds that have already started. Some may like that but I'd rather it from the start and there seems to be interest from others too
    I'll be staying in Macs league and, if it goes ahead, joining my own one
    I agree that the changes should be implemented in the boards gameworld and hopefully the worlds success continues but this is the Soccermanager forum not the boards soccermanager forum, if there's enough interest for another world I'll look into setting it up, all boardsies welcome. Hell I'm sure Mac will join himself if he has time. It's not a competition between the two

You may use the Soccer Manager forums as an excuse to start setting up leagues, but the fact remains that in doing so, you will be setting up a Boards 2 league. As a result, not only will recruiting new members will be increasingly difficult for the original Boards league, but there is also a distinct possibility that managers of lower league teams in Mac's league who have top rated teams in the "Boards 2" league will drop out of the former, either due to a loss of gold membership, or just simply less time to play the game than before.

The last thing that this gameworld needs is direct competition from another Boards league. We're struggling as it is to recruit new members and a new boards league would all but eliminate any hopes of hiring those new members.

Also, using the reason that people want a new gameworld because "everyone will start at 0 instead of joining worlds that have already started" is extremely short-sighted in my opinion. Eventually the same will happen with this "Boards 2" league and then what will we do, set up "Boards 3"??

Using the fact that "The Good League" hasn't impacted on the league isn't a viable counter-argument either. The Good League was already set up, and had been for ages, with a number of external members already managing in it. I know it wasn't PPPP that mentioned it but I know someone did.

However, an alternative suggestion might be if you were to set up a "National" league, either England or Ireland (although Ireland probably wouldn't have enough teams), then it wouldn't quite be in direct competition with this league as it would be a completely different format. I think this may be a better idea than setting up a Boards 2 league with all the top teams.

Wilberto wrote: »
    I have to enter this debate as I find myself siding with the minority.

You may use the Soccer Manager forums as an excuse to start setting up leagues, but the fact remains that in doing so, you will be setting up a Boards 2 league. As a result, not only will recruiting new members will be increasingly difficult for the original Boards league, but there is also a distinct possibility that managers of lower league teams in Mac's league who have top rated teams in the "Boards 2" league will drop out of the former, either due to a loss of gold membership, or just simply less time to play the game than before.

The last thing that this gameworld needs is direct competition from another Boards league. We're struggling as it is to recruit new members and a new boards league would all but eliminate any hopes of hiring those new members.

Also, using the reason that people want a new gameworld because "everyone will start at 0 instead of joining worlds that have already started" is extremely short-sighted in my opinion. Eventually the same will happen with this "Boards 2" league and then what will we do, set up "Boards 3"??

Using the fact that "The Good League" hasn't impacted on the league isn't a viable counter-argument either. The Good League was already set up, and had been for ages, with a number of external members already managing in it. I know it wasn't PPPP that mentioned it but I know someone did.

However, an alternative suggestion might be if you were to set up a "National" league, either England or Ireland (although Ireland probably wouldn't have enough teams), then it wouldn't quite be in direct competition with this league as it would be a completely different format. I think this may be a better idea than setting up a Boards 2 league with all the top teams.

Woo hoo!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Woo hoo!!!!

Looks like it's too late though! Oh well, when everything I've just said in my previous post finally happens then I'll be the first one to say "I told you so!!" :P

Important Notice:

Spartak Moskva have made an offer to Real Madrid to swap José BOSINGWA for Aaron HUNT .

:pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    Looks like it's too late though! Oh well, when everything I've just said in my previous post finally happens then I'll be the first one to say "I told you so!!" :P

No it will happen, I did try (not as good as yourself) to explain this but alas, no joy!

At this point, it will go ahead and this gameworld WILL suffer because of it, there is no denying that. Its just a pity Mac was not about to air his views, after all this is his project

this league will be fine.... we'll just kick that can down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No it will happen, I did try (not as good as yourself) to explain this but alas, no joy!

At this point, it will go ahead and this gameworld WILL suffer because of it, there is no denying that. Its just a pity Mac was not about to air his views, after all this is his project

Hold up a second. It's the soccermanager forum not the boards soccermanager forum. There's enough interest for a new world so it will go ahead.

Hold up a second. It's the soccermanager forum not the boards soccermanager forum. There's enough interest for a new world so it will go ahead.

Im not entirely sure how to respond as that doesnt really say anything in relation to the points leveled against this proposed world......

Its just more of a broad statement really

• Advertisement

Important Notice:

FC Basel have made an offer to Real Madrid for Aaron HUNT of 12,500,000.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement