Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

And winning Div 3 would suggest I'm doing alright ;)

Tupac, I'll get back to ya when I'm on the laptop but my main reason being contracts especially when on such a tight budget like myself, I literally have €0 right now so cutting off players that I don't need is a must for me

Cant be classed as a valid reason as im constantly in debt!!!!!!!!

Once your bi-weekly income is greater (I dont care how small) than your bi-weekly wages then budget is unacceptable as a reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Is the chat on SM working for anyone?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I think its good idea for anyone that has money within the game,for all 3 reasons above and there's little to no down side to it.A small loss on wages and intial fee.

However I do feel it is exploiting a flaw in the game itself but ppl are free to do whatever they please :)

I dont agree its exploiting a flaw, after all as stated already, this is real life practice for the big clubs as is....

Its a managment game lads, split the 2 words

Managment - need players to manage (buy, increase, sell)

Game - important to remeber this, after all it is a game, so think of it as such and not an actual match twice per week.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I dont agree its exploiting a flaw, after all as stated already, this is real life practice for the big clubs as is....

Game - important to remeber this, after all it is a game, so think of it as such and not an actual match twice per week.....

Ah but sorry what big club goes around buying 50-60 youth players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah... it isn't. Not to this degree, anyway. If the game put in place a 50 player limit that wouldn't be unreasonable IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In fairness, that's the least of the problems when it comes to the unrealistic transfer market...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Yeah... it isn't. Not to this degree, anyway. If the game put in place a 50 player limit that wouldn't be unreasonable IMO.

why don't you moan to SM about it so and be done with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Wheyyy Morrison scored vs England, I'm just too good of a coach

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

IvySlayer wrote: »

congrats!

man u will lodging a bid shortly

swoody wrote: »
    Actually I wondered have been they questioned about it before and given an answer for all I know they might have no problem with it
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    Too early for a ratings increase...followed by a decrease for Hart:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Or I could mention it in passing in here? Jesus some of you are defensive.

Not many, but if you consideres the various age catagories, u18's - reserve team (I have asked for that tab, no luck? Not including the first team, you may be surprised....

Buying, no....

Academies yes... we dont have that luxury

Beefy78 wrote: »

Yeah..... it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

loads of people have moaned to SM about it, well at least people hoarding players perhaps not strictly youth

this is why;
    the players over 92 have went onto massive wages
    wages go up automatically with ratings increases
    you pay half the wages of players you've out on loan
    concerns feature more in the game

they just haven't put in a squad cap, yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

My squad is all about youth, I have a squad close to 100.

Immediately I set about selling my old players and spending the money on young lads I thought would prosper.

The squad rules in the Premier League allow for an unlimited number of players under the age of 21 to be named/used.

I fail to see why people feel the need to bring it up, what has it got to do with anyone else what myself and the other clubs with big squads are doing. Budget shouldn't stop anyone really, I am Genoa and I have secured some nice talent ahead of 'bigger clubs'.

Plenty to go around, just get on with your own game, and remember that is exactly all it is.

Not many, but if you consideres the various age catagories, u18's - reserve team (I have asked for that tab, no luck? Not including the first team, you may be surprised....

Buying, no....

Academies yes... we dont have that luxury
    I threw the squad numbers of a few big teams earlier(1st team,u-21,u18) so I seen the squad numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

kaka for sale

soap1978 wrote: »
    kaka for sale

I give my small fella a right ticking off when he used language like that :D

I threw the squad numbers of a few big teams earlier(1st team,u-21,u18) so I seen the squad numbers

Yes... and they were more than 50 combined?

Anyhow, as stated above yes this has been done to death, but what I dont get is the critisism aimed ay us doing it? I mean we dont criticise teams for keeping small squads, if thats how you want to play then fine, best of luck to you...

Afford us the same courtesy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

0/ me I still think it's a bad idea but I don't think it's unfair or anything, do what ye want :)

Anyhow, as stated above yes this has been done to death, but what I dont get is the critisism aimed ay us doing it? I mean we dont criticise teams for keeping small squads, if thats how you want to play then fine, best of luck to you...

I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

What are going to say about people with small squads same courtesy you must be smoking too much of that crazy sh!'?, I'd love to see what you have give out about people keeping small squads, I'm sure people with a squad of 20 isn't by choice

The FCP manager and his director of football have reviewed their squad and decided some of their assets need to be moved on. A number have been loan listed but both have decided to move the following player on permanently:

BARRADA, Abdelaziz AM(RLC) 24 88

The player played 8 games and appeared 19 times as a substitute, achieving an average rating of 7.25 scoring 1 goal in the process.

FCP now welcome bids on the player.

with all the discussion going on today ,.... dont forget there is a 'moaner of the season' section in the MOTS vote :D

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    with all the discussion going on today ,.... dont forget there is a 'moaner of the season' section in the MOTS vote :D

Oh God... :o

Well I don't really moan, just like the odd argument :D

JamboMac wrote: »
    What are going to say about people with small squads same courtesy you must be smoking too much of that crazy sh!'?, I'd love to see what you have give out about people keeping small squads, I'm sure people with a squad of 20 isn't by choice

Well, its like I said....

People with small squads, are for all intensive purposes are choosing to do so, as has been explained on neumerous occasions...

Cheap players are available... 10k will buy you a fine prospect for the future! Barely have to feed and water him too!!!

And by the way, dont smoke or drink so.....

Well, its like I said....

People with small squads, are for all intensive purposes are choosing to do so, as has been explained on neumerous occasions...

Cheap players are available... 10k will buy you a fine prospect for the future! Barely have to feed and water him too!!!

And by the way, dont smoke or drink so.....
    Check the gas then so think there must be a leak

JamboMac wrote: »
    Check the gas then so think there must be a leak

Or maybe, im right?

Or maybe, im right?
    You keep believing that as this rears it's head about every 2 weeks and it tends to be different people every time that would suggest otherwise.

I think arsenal were 50 something,utd 60 something and chelsea 70.

Same courtesy! ah here come off your high horse

• Advertisement

Careful now, Perrins from Limerick don't ya know!!! :eek:

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement