Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

JamboMac wrote: »
    You keep believing that as this rears it's head about every 2 weeks and it tends to be different people every time that would suggest otherwise.

Cheers for the advice, will do that!

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I think arsenal were 50 something,utd 60 something and chelsea 70.

Same courtesy! ah here come off your high horse

Ha ha! High horse!!!! Think of that all by yourself yeah?

So because I asked that people stop complaining about something they apparently have no interest in pursuing, I am somehow preaching from a higher level down to them?

Seriously, either understand the meaning of a phrase or else whoever is sitting next to you ask them to be quiet!

High horse!!!! Brilliant!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

So because I asked that people stop complaining about something they apparently have no interest in pursuing, I am somehow preaching from a higher level down to them?

Seriously, either understand the meaning of a phrase or else whoever is sitting next to you ask them to be quiet!

Wow I didn't think you could be more condescending but you managed you kind of just proved his point, I did ask for poll on this subject a couple of weeks back I wonder why it never appeared?

Wow I didn't think you could be more condescending but you managed you kind of just proved his point, I did ask for poll on this subject a couple of weeks back I wonder why it never appeared?

Was not condesending throughout this thread, but yes the above response is supposed to be condesending..... also how does ot prove his.point that I apparently am on a high horse about this risers thing?

The reason the poll did not appear was because it would be pointless as currently there is no squad cap in SM so what would it achieve (<- not condesending, genuine question)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Udinese are now selling, kasaev, ekdal, Eremenko and hernanzez.

Now I won't be selling all of these of course! it all depends and who come forth for discussions first.

• Advertisement

Was not condesending throughout this thread, but yes the above response is supposed to be condesending..... also how does ot prove his.point that I apparently am on a high horse about this risers thing?

The reason the poll did not appear was because it would be pointless as currently there is no squad cap in SM so what would it achieve (<- not condesending, genuine question)
    It would prove how many people like the no caps or a player cap and it could be done on a gentleman agreement as it won't see people losing players they need this century rather ones in the next

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I don't even...actually nevermind I'm not gonna get into argument with you,I've seen you arguing here with other ppl over other stuff so I'll just leave it for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

It would prove how many people like the no caps or a player cap and it could be done on a gentleman agreement as it won't see people losing players they need this century rather ones in the next

you have a squad size of 56 so far. the 3rd most in D4 and in the top 10 out of all 80 managers

I dont get the part about loosing players they need this century? Again, not taking rhe piss, missed your meaning on that....

I don't even...actually nevermind I'm not gonna get into argument with you,I've seen you arguing here with other ppl over other stuff so I'll just leave it for now.

Could.you.explain what you mean by that, it does appear by your.comments at least to me that im not worth your time to argue with???

Correct

Edit: sorry my fault, you were obviously trying totake the high horse oops!!!! Meant high ground, moral high grground on this one so I retract my remark

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    you have a squad size of 56 so far. the 3rd most in D4 and in the top 10 out of all 80 managers
    That's a realistic number 200 would only be if took into account under 7s for some of these clubs

Could.you.explain what you mean by that, it does appear by your.comments at least to me that im not worth your time to argue with???

Correct
    Just off the top of my head I remember you having an argument before with someone over some Pato deal,went on for ages so I just don't want to back and forth with you cause going by that one you'll argue your side till your blue in the face :pac:

And the high horse comment was over "I mean we dont criticise teams for keeping small squads".Sounded like you were saying "well I could cristise teams with small squads but I don't because I think I'm better than than them"
    So apologises for my comment
    Edit: sorry my fault, you were obviously trying totake the high horse oops!!!! Meant high ground, moral high grground on this one so I retract my remark

Wow o well guess you just can't help yourself

That's a realistic number 200 would only be if took into account under 7s for some of these clubs

yeah 164 of which cost me nothing

god, you'd swear i had all the players from 90-99

yeah 164 of which cost me nothing

god, you'd swear i had all the players from 90-99
    I only answered your question no need to get all dramatic, all my kids cost me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

What have i done.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

I tink everybody should have a squad of 88 players. And everyone should only have one player each from any given cuntry. Except me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Ján DURICA has completed his move to AZ from Lokomotiv Moskva for 4,060,000

87 rated central defender - backup signing -
    Pretty happy with squad now, apart from maybe up front...

(Squad size of 24 now) ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Maybe the squad size debate could actually warrant it's own topic? It seems a common enough issue that it could be moved out of this topic to stop it being clogged up every few days...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

sessegnon 89 rated could rise,can play anywhere in mid or as a striker. 14m.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

sessegnon 89 rated could rise,can play anywhere in mid or as a striker. 14m.

Rise where........off the bench the odd day in the Stadium of Light!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Rise where........off the bench the odd day in the Stadium of Light!!!

Shut up your face,im trying to make a sale.

if he has a season like 11/12 he could fly back up,not to mention he would be electric in D2,3 or 4.

Just off the top of my head I remember you having an argument before with someone over some Pato deal,went on for ages so I just don't want to back and forth with you cause going by that one you'll argue your side till your blue in the face :pac:

And the high horse comment was over "I mean we dont criticise teams for keeping small squads".Sounded like you were saying "well I could cristise teams with small squads but I don't because I think I'm better than than them"
    So apologises for my comment

Wow o well guess you just can't help yourself

If I was better than them id have finished above them in the manager rankings... my intention was exacly what I said, if you read more into it than that I can do nothing about that im afraid.

Like I said, I could criticise managers with smaller squads (as the opposite happens, why I ront know) but I dont and not for the 'high horse' reason as you assumed....

I don't because I believe (been proven again and again) that they choose to play that way, which is just another mothod of playing the game, nothing to do with morality or anything like that. Its a tactical choice imo..... nothing more in it im afraid.

Regards my remark, easy to quote my RESPONSE to something posted earlier in your apology response. Thats totally taken out of context...

Anyway I said what I said and I stand over it, as ive explained, no moral high ground in my comments, it was a tactical discussion on how people play the game differently and is someone reads more into it than that then not my failing in this case im afraid to say....

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

Shut up your face,im trying to make a sale.

if he has a season like 11/12 he could fly back up,not to mention he would be electric in D2,3 or 4.

"COULD"...........................PMSL

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Leave myself and Pato out of this.. I haven't been in an argument in a very long time! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

8m for hernandez?.....Keep walking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

De Rossi deal reversed, anyone know why as it wasn't that outrageous a deal?

What was the deal again?

you where already blocked from doing deals with Schalke.

What was the deal again?

Ben Arfa, Sissoko and 1.3m for De Rossi

• Advertisement

you where already blocked from doing deals with Schalke.

I was hoping that considering there is a new manager at Schalke and that the deal wasn't for the face value of the player that it would go through

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement