Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#2) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

IF (big if) its true that Malaga has bailed here because of the other league (again...... BIG IF) then sorry but its just what was said would happen so no point getting upset with Mac, IF its true.....

Well he has left Boards league and now is still playing in Copa Del Boards.

All I can think of is he is either sick and bored of this league because of the rules/lack of rules OR just couldn't handle losing. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Herrick wrote: »
    Here mate I'll beat it if you give me a couple days to shift some dead wood? He would really help my Basel squad.

Hes yours for 6 man, whenever!!!!! Ill hold him for ya

pepper180 wrote: »
    Well he has left Boards league and now is still playing in Copa Del Boards.

All I can think of is he is either sick and bored of this league because of the rules/lack of rules OR just couldn't handle losing. :pac:

Suppose time will tell man, either way loosing managers here is not positive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Be careful when speculating the reasons for someone leaving. I learnt the hard way already. There could be any number of reasons for him to leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

guys,

Do we have to go through this every time a manager leaves one of the leagues?

People are allowed to set up as many leagues as they want and people can join and leave as many leagues as they want ....

The End :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Be careful when speculating the reasons for someone leaving. I learnt the hard way already. There could be any number of reasons for him to leave

Yup, I did stress.... big IF....

would be nice if he came on and cleared stuff up, suppose either way its.done now.and move forward

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Its ok with this one, I've been talking to him on PMs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Why did he leave?

I assume there's a queue for isco? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Here mate I'll beat it if you give me a couple days to shift some dead wood? He would really help my Basel squad.

I have Matavz for sale.

Younger, same rating and playing well for PSV, will rise in ratings soon.

The dandish waster is only going to drop again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I assume there's a queue for isco? :p

I'm nearly tempted to throw my hat in the ring for that job purely on the basis that they don't get violently and consistently raped. They have a superb team.

Hopefully a new manager is found before Isco is robbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Seaneh wrote: »
    I have Matavz for sale.

I just checked there mate and he def is a far better prospect but 10m is outside my range unfortunately at the moment. I could go 8m in a day or two once I've moved on some lads if its any good. If not no worries! :)

I just checked there mate and he def is a far better prospect but 10m is outside my range unfortunately at the moment. I could go 8m in a day or two once I've moved on some lads if its any good. If not no worries! :)

10 million is only a guideline price, we can talk about a deal ;)

As always, I'd rather sell him to a club where he will improve their squad for less than I would to a squad where he will just be backup :).

I have Matavz for sale.

Ok.....

Ever since we had our little arguments ive avoided your comments and non-sense ramblings here as they were not aimed at me......

Any chance you could just advertise your.player, ill do the same and ill pay you the cortousy of not commenting on your affairs.... id appreciate the same.

To come on and blatently hi-jack a deal anorher member is in the process of agreeing is disrespectful to say the least, not going to say im surprised though after your tirade in the last disagreement we had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Even though it sucks having a deal hijacked I think its good to have that bit of rivalry in the game.

Even though it sucks having a deal hijacked I think its good to have that bit of rivalry in the game.

Doesnt suck as I offered him to Basel for less than Blackburn were offering as a goodwill gesture, my point is this is not a 'friendly' rivalry as Seaneh goes too far imo......

I still think its in bad taste to try and talk down another managers players in order to get a sale.....

Ok.....

Ever since we had our little arguments ive avoided your comments and non-sense ramblings here as they were not aimed at me......

Any chance you could just advertise your.player, ill do the same and ill pay you the cortousy of not commenting on your affairs.... id appreciate the same.

To come on and blatently hi-jack a deal anorher member is in the process of agreeing is disrespectful to say the least, not going to say im surprised though after your tirade in the last disagreement we had.

Oh would you get off it.

You offered him a player, I offered him a player, he hadn't made a bid on anyone and nobody is forcing him to buy either. Don't go getting all buthurt becuase I'm offering a better deal and he's more interested in it.

Accept the bid from the external and get on with worrying about your own team, it's the best you're going to get for Nicklas "Former Footballer" Bendtner.

I offered him Matavz because I didn't want to see him getting ripped off buying a lemon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

In fairness when the player in question is bendtner I think everybody know's he's a donkey already so whatever was said wouldn't make much difference.

Oh would you get off it.

You offered him a player, I offered him a player, he hadn't made a bid on anyone and nobody is forcing him to buy either. Don't go getting all buthurt becuase I'm offering a better deal and he's more interested in it.

Accept the bid from the external and get on with worrying about your own team, it's the best you're going to get for Nicklas "Former Footballer" Bendtner.

I offered him Matavz because I didn't want to see him getting ripped off buying a lemon.

First off, I advertised him here, he approached me, therefore I didn't offer....

And as I said, I can sell to Blackburn for more so im not loosing out.

Try and twist out of it all you want, my point is you talked down a player to make a sale, thats bad form but as I said.

Not surprised.

Edit - also you said its the best I would get? Strange when Basel asked me to keep him and he would beat the offer...... I am looking after my team, just asking you to stay out of my business....

• Advertisement

First off, I advertised him here, he approached me, therefore I didn't offer....

And as I said, I can sell to Blackburn for more so im not loosing out.

Try and twist out of it all you want, my point is you talked down a player to make a sale, thats bad form but as I said.

Not surprised.

You're some man to have a moan, it's hilarious.

I look forward to beating you twice next season in d3, because you've no hope of getting promoted this season, which considering the squad you have, is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

tumblr_mghc4yYxaK1ry10fwo1_400.gif

QMwX24n.gif

this is so good I'm watching it twice....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

*gets popcorn*

You're some man to have a moan, it's hilarious.

I look forward to beating you twice next season in d3, because you've no hope of getting promoted this season, which considering the squad you have, is laughable.

Going back to personal insults when you have no argument basis, typical.

You'll notice I dont attack you or your team.....

Yet you feel the need to attack mine?

Put the popcorn away lads, not getting into an argument, at least with PPPP he stays on subject matter and never resorts to personal stuff......

Pointless

I am looking after my team, just asking you to stay out of my business....

When you're posting it publicly on the boards, it's everyone's business.
    If you don't want anyone muscling in on your transfers, don't do them publicly.
    That would be like a team admitting they'd had an offer of x accepted for a player and expecting bigger clubs to not make the same offer and try to poach the player.

It's not all kumbaya and hand holdling here buddy, this is professional football, it's a dog eat dog world. Don't take it so personally when your shih tzu gets scared off by my mastiff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Ok lads I'm simply just going to go on price and rating as I don't want to offend any of the two of you.

Bendtner needs a bid of 7.4m (which I won't have for a few days anyway) due to his valuation and he's a 88, which fell so may fall again. Matavz however is 88 and on the up. The real clincher is he's valued at 5.6m so it will simply depend of how much I can negotiate for down from the asked 10m (if I can)

So regardless of which player, I'll be a couple days before bidding until I offload a couple lads I have TL. If it's a thing any of you want to sell immediately and don't want to wait I understand completely.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Just thought I would point out something as regards people leaving teams, somebody did quit arsenal in princess's league and there was no disgruntlement as he wanted to focus on a team in this league, we all know the issues with this league, especially if a team is left they are scavenged and not just by teams like them who desperately need the players so you can understand, why some get a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Change the team and formation and get my 5th defeat in a row at home to the bottom team

Eh i dunno was unable to prevent a Aston Villa defeat to Udinese Calcio.
    Aston Villa slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat against Udinese Calcio in their Division 2 fixture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

JamboMac wrote: »
    Just thought I would point out something as regards people leaving teams, somebody did quit arsenal in princess's league and there was no disgruntlement as he wanted to focus on a team in this league, we all know the issues with this league, especially if a team is left they are scavenged and not just by teams like them who desperately need the players so you can understand, why some get a pain in the arse.

ya mate well said it was me that left arsenal in princess's league as i dont have the time to deal with two clubs so i choose my beloved hamburg:D

our beloved boards league has major faults yes the rich economy for one there is too much money and not enough star players among the 80 managers so money is of no use but it is very very competitive and i dont think any gameworld will match the emotion and banter of this one for alot of us this was our first time playing the game and weve put so much work into our teams:)

if we made a gentleman rule of maybe a

d1 team can have no more than 10 90+ players

d2 no more than 6 90+players

d3 no more than 4 90+players

d4 no more than 2 90 +players

im not sure would it spread 90+players out more and make things fairer and of course would ba gentlmans agreement but could be worth a shot?

• Advertisement

ya mate well said it was me that left arsenal in princess's league as i dont have the time to deal with two clubs so i choose my beloved hamburg:D

our beloved boards league has major faults yes the rich economy for one there is too much money and not enough star players among the 80 managers so money is of no use but it is very very competitive and i dont think any gameworld will match the emotion and banter of this one for alot of us this was our first time playing the game and weve put so much work into our teams:)

if we made a gentleman rule of maybe a

d1 team can have no more than 10 90+ players

d2 no more than 6 90+players

d3 no more than 4 90+players

d4 no more than 2 90 +players

im not sure would it spread 90+players out more and make things fairer and of course would ba gentlmans agreement but could be worth a shot?

Not a pop at you personally but ....Not more of the 'how about we change the 'rules' for this league'

There are SM rules, we adhere by those that are employed in our GW.

Can we all just accept the set up of this GW and get on with it rather than suggesting unenforceable 'agreements'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement